2024 attendance thread

26 minutes ago, Worzel said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah OK mate. Hull KR have to report attendance figures to RL Commercial. They publish attendances 3 times per season, so it's wholly transparent. 

We never need Huddersfield to do that though, the RFL just send a bloke down to count the attendance on their fingers, or fingers and toes if it's a really, really big match.

That's it, it's usually 2 blokes though come on be fair 🙂 

It's the same as what Hull KR used to do not so long ago though, although I doubt many KR fans will remember much before 2008 😉 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, East Hull Robins said:

A big problem with that however is that most people have eyes

Aye and every time i've been or seen Hull KR on tv there's loads of spaces in the Well, Main stand and behind the goals so maybe the East stand is sold out but it doesn't neccessarily mean the entire ground is, don't get me wrong any club that has improved crowds is great fro the game and KR certainly have but to claim there is no room in the ground left when the other 3 areas clearly have space is a bit daft, it's almost like their saying to fans unless you don't want the East stand then you can't get in when clearly you can, either that or hundreds of people are not turning up every game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Aye and every time i've been or seen Hull KR on tv there's loads of spaces in the Well, Main stand and behind the goals so maybe the East stand is sold out but it doesn't neccessarily mean the entire ground is, don't get me wrong any club that has improved crowds is great fro the game and KR certainly have but to claim there is no room in the ground left when the other 3 areas clearly have space is a bit daft, it's almost like their saying to fans unless you don't want the East stand then you can't get in when clearly you can, either that or hundreds of people are not turning up every game.

Or they're eating and drinking in Craven Streat.

The irony of Hudds fans counting KRs empty seats 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, bratman said:

It must be nice to be given a quick task for once. I tried doing last time we visited the Giants and they’d turned the floodlights off before I’d finished. 

• Haha 1

Think this is worth sharing. It's not easy to do this, but it can be done. You need a patient investor and a good front-office team, but it can be done. 

craig f.jpeg

• Like 10

10 hours ago, bratman said:

No seat counting, simply pointing out that the ground never appears full despite them claiming it is every week.

I did actually praise KR and their crowds if you care to read properly and not just see Huddersfield fan and crowds and bite straight away!!.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Worzel said:

I live down South, I can't go to every game despite my season ticket. I won't even be at the derby on Friday, along with 2 of my family. It's pretty normal to see empty seats at games where every ticket has been sold.

We've launched the ticket exchange precisely for this reason. To be honest I'd leave the conspiracy theories to subjects like Catherine's photoshopping, who's been on P Diddy's private jet or whether that boat hit that bridge on purpose if I were you. They're unlikely to bother with rugby league matches. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It’s a lot of season ticket holders in one area deciding not to go, while in other areas they’re all there - but yes maybe you’re right. 

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

No seat counting, simply pointing out that the ground never appears full despite them claiming it is every week.

I did actually praise KR and their crowds if you care to read properly and not just see Huddersfield fan and crowds and bite straight away!!.

"...despite them claiming..." 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

It’s a lot of season ticket holders in one area deciding not to go, while in other areas they’re all there - but yes maybe you’re right. 

The North Stand towards the East end of it is the two family blocks, and we had all Thursday night games at the start of the season. It is what it is. The club was only selling singles in that area and no rational business does that when they could instead offer batches of 2 or 4 together and sell more tickets.

Anyone who think Rovers hide tickets from sale in the last few days before a game, when they could be selling them, is probably also on Facebook telling us how the Princess of Wales has gone missing and that video of her was AI generated. 

Edited by Worzel
Typo

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Leigh v Wigan on the 4th has about 1000 tickets left

Leigh's ticket sales progress has been another shining light for clubs in the last few years. I'd love to see a comparison of their attendances this year and last, versus the previous times they got promoted. If you put the effort in, you can get results. 

25 898 for Roosters v Penrith Panthers. A far cry from the days of them getting 5K or so at the Sydney Football Stadium.

• Like 1

9026 for Castleford v Leeds. Presumably Cas know exactly what figure they need to hit this season for averaging 7500+ over 3 seasons.

35,275 for South Sydney vs Canterbury. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M j M said:

Eddie & Stevo quote an attendance of 7,000 for the Leeds-Saints cup game. No idea where they've got that from.

I saw a crowd of 7.1k, I think it was Serious about RL though. It was that idiot journo Cam something reviewing crowds - he had a brilliant line that it's not the clubs fault as they marketed the games brilliantly as always. 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I saw a crowd of 7.1k, I think it was Serious about RL though. It was that idiot journo Cam something reviewing crowds - he had a brilliant line that it's not the clubs fault as they marketed the games brilliantly as always. 

Over 15k literally a week before. If that doesn't show the impact of not being included on Season tickets I don't know what will.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Over 15k literally a week before. If that doesn't show the impact of not being included on Season tickets I don't know what will.

Though they got 7k crowd worth of income in, whereas if it was on season tickets they’d have got a lot less. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I'm not sure how they could add it to ST's,  no club is guaranteed a home challenge cup game are they?

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

I'm not sure how they could add it to ST's,  no club is guaranteed a home challenge cup game are they?

It’s a risk on all parts really. Stick £20 on the season ticket to include cup games and don’t get drawn at home and the club are laughing, and the fans have lost out. Stick £20 on the season to include cup games and you get drawn at home three times and the club knackered but the fans have had a great deal.

Been various examples of these types of things coming and going in football. Most now to push towards the automated ticket sales (some compulsory, some not) but I’m not aware of that being done in RL.

• Like 3

Part of the fix probably relates to turning the Challenge Cup into a group thing going forward with say two guaranteed home games before the quarters. I'm not sure how that would work as it's quite a few extra games but it's probably the direction the cup needs to go in.

24 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s a risk on all parts really. Stick £20 on the season ticket to include cup games and don’t get drawn at home and the club are laughing, and the fans have lost out. Stick £20 on the season to include cup games and you get drawn at home three times and the club knackered but the fans have had a great deal.

Been various examples of these types of things coming and going in football. Most now to push towards the automated ticket sales (some compulsory, some not) but I’m not aware of that being done in RL.

I expect having to refund people if they dont get a home game will end up costing the club too.

54 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Though they got 7k crowd worth of income in, whereas if it was on season tickets they’d have got a lot less. 

I'm not sure how many members the Rhinos have currently, but between the larger attendance and higher (I believe) prices for the league game, it could be that it is not that much of a difference financially. Plus I'd wager corporate was significantly higher in the League match too.

56 minutes ago, dkw said:

They used to add kids matches on when I was a junior member at the Rhinos, so there must be a system or formula in place.

I also think there is going to be a move to change the Cup format too which will guarantee home cup games in the near future.