Super League 2024 Media Etc (Merged Threads)

4 minutes ago, John Rhino said:

Tinny? It's not an iPhone!

Try to fit a loudspeaker into an enclosure the size of a mobile phone and the laws of physics will kick in big time.

Think about that next time you're blasting The Best of Blazin' Squad on the top deck of the last bus home, yeah? :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 07/02/2024 at 09:26, The 4 of Us said:

Either it’s the guidance and support of IMG or someone with the Superleague team has been to media school but there seems to be a refeshing change to the approach to the new season with the latest announcement about the Rob Burrows Trophy and prior regular drip of good news stories.  

It’s almost as if there’s a plan and still with 2 weeks to go! 

Stories so far?

Voono Fantasy League.

ABK Official 

Wigan-Penrith WCC sell out.

Hull - Hull KR record ticket sales.

Superleague Rebrand.

New Season Launch Video.

Talk Radio deal.

New Sky-BBC TV deals. 

Yes, they've definitely implemented a coordinated "news grid" as part of the comms strategy to build up to the first weekend.

It's great to see competence in action for once!!

• Like 1

• John Drake changed the title to Super League 2024 Media Etc (Merged Threads)

It's so refreshing to see there is a strategy in place and not only one for helping the clubs & competition now, but also one to grow the competition. 

The new Sky deal, BBC deal, TalkSports deal & announcement of SL+ have made the game more accessible than ever before. IMG & RLC are clearly aware that the game needs to grow both awareness & the supporter base and that the most effective way of doing that is to make it easier for people to consume it.

Its hard to know if 3 years will be enough to achieve growth in those areas, but the game has to try.

The short term strategies that include building simple news grids, coordinated announcements, introducing standards around fonts, colours & narrative, will at least help clubs better engage with their existing audiences, which let's be honest, are sizable but not activated as well as they could be. 

Ideal scenario, the two strategies fuel each other.

• Like 2

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

I hope the "new" marketing campaign is actually getting to people who need to see it, I'm on the mailing list so I get some emails about it, but most of the stuff I've seen has been on the message boards, just like most seasons. 

1 hour ago, Hopie said:

I hope the "new" marketing campaign is actually getting to people who need to see it, I'm on the mailing list so I get some emails about it, but most of the stuff I've seen has been on the message boards, just like most seasons. 

The nature of social media advertising does allow us to then share/repost etc which widens the network away from just followers. 

Sky ads reach far wider than RL fans, the opening weekend will have a live BBC game, plus Sky Main Event coverage. 

Ultimately, these are efficient channels, cost effective (or provided by partners) and they allow us to be present ongoing. I know people like mass awareness canpaigns, but they costs an absolute bomb, and they can soon be forgotten. But we have seen things like the SL+ launch using some awareness via outdoor media for example. 

But in reality, we have plenty of channels to use via our assets. 

• Like 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, thehullram said:

good coverage this morning on BBC breakfast. Interview with Sam Burgess, and pushing the Hull Derby. 

Agreed. Hands down the best BBC Breakfast season launch feature on rugby league you’ll ever see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Interesting to see the BBC have the tries/binnings/send offs on their website (and linked on the front Sport page) already, with Sky commentary. I think this is new?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-league/68315749

They did say they’d have highlights of all games up the next day. Good to see it happening.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)