New Partnership - ABK Beer

For info.   I ordered 24 of the ABK Hell for £37 (plus £6 shipping).

They have already been dispatched so I should be able to provide a quality report in a day or so!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

For info.   I ordered 24 of the ABK Hell for £37 (plus £6 shipping).

They have already been dispatched so I should be able to provide a quality report in a day or so!!!

Can you mix up the case as I like to try them all ?

11 minutes ago, EggFace said:

Can you mix up the case as I like to try them all ?

I have no experience of this supplier, but they offer a mixed case (plus a tankard) and free delivery: https://shop.rokitdrinks.co.uk/beers/12-pack-mixed-case-with-tankard#12-pack

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 hours ago, Gomersall said:

It’s available at four pubs in the Scale Lane area of Hull’s old town. That’ll do for me once dry February is over 😂

And all close to what was a rocking night out, Beer Keller on Bishop Lane and also OF’s starting gate for the match, 3 John Scott’s.

4 in York. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

Oldest brewery in Germany, i think or one of them. Dunkel is a winter favourite! 

Pretty sure that honour belongs to Weihenstephaner. They celebrate their millennium sometime this century. 

• Thanks 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

A selfless task mate - thanks for taking one for the team! 

All I will say is...

Hero is a big word - but sometimes justified.

• Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

20 hours ago, Gomersall said:

It’s available at four pubs in the Scale Lane area of Hull’s old town. That’ll do for me once dry February is over 😂

They do seem to be getting a bit of a foothold in the Hull area but I wouldn't get too excited, mate. By German standards I find their beers pretty mediocre. Their wheat beer is one of the blandest I've ever tasted.

That's just my palate though, other people might enjoy them and they're a decent commercial partner to have on board.

• Thanks 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

15 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

And all close to what was a rocking night out, Beer Keller on Bishop Lane and also OF’s starting gate for the match, 3 John Scott’s.

4 in York. 

Best night club ever.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ullman said:

They do seem to be getting a bit of a foothold in the Hull area but I wouldn't get too excited, mate. By German standards I find their beers pretty mediocre. Their wheat beer is one of the blandest I've ever tasted.

That's just my palate though, other people might enjoy them and they're a decent commercial partner to have on board.

I like the Hells and the Kellerbier. I don't really go for wheat beer or dunkel so I can't comment.

I imagine it's the Hells that will be getting the push primarily, I can see people taking to it.

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

On 05/02/2024 at 16:56, DI Keith Fowler said:

It's one of my favourite beers (along with a dozen or so other German ones but still). If anyone is near a Booths you can pick it up in there. 

Yep , have had the full range of ABK on draught in my local a couple of years ago , best lager I have ever supped......and I usually drink ale but tried these and was really impressed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

That was the place i remember now laugh and a half:)Scamps was hilarious everyone wanted Alvin Stardust and Gary Glitter where discos down south were more into Motown soul etc 🙂

Scamps burned down some years ago.  Not sure what happened to Hofbraus but I do remember the headaches I had the morning after.

I also remember the nice people who used to bring the schnapps around 😉

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Scamps burned down some years ago.  Not sure what happened to Hofbraus but I do remember the headaches I had the morning after.

I also remember the nice people who used to bring the schnapps around 😉

Perished in the same mysterious blaze. It had become a Dingwalls music venue by then and Scamps had been relaunched as Odyssey. 

• Like 1