New Partnership - ABK Beer

42 minutes ago, Coggo said:

No need to order a crate online. Go to M&S:

https://www.ocado.com/products/m-s-german-lager-607573011

Depends where you're based. ABK beers are not listed on Ocado in my area.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Dunbar said:

For info.   I ordered 24 of the ABK Hell for £37 (plus £6 shipping).

They have already been dispatched so I should be able to provide a quality report in a day or so!!!

Be sure not to spill any on your cape 🦸 

2 minutes ago, Coggo said:

M&S German Lager in store.

Oops, I didn't check the small print. I forgot M&S sell own-brand badged beers from name breweries.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

55 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Oops, I didn't check the small print. I forgot M&S sell own-brand badged beers from name breweries.

I remember they used to do a Sam Smiths stout (oatmeal, I think) under their own label quite a few years ago.

Needless to say, about a fortnight after I discovered this happy fact, that line was discontinued.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

My oder arrived and I have to say it is very very good.

That's my new beer for live Rugby League tv games this year. 

Couple of questions:

How many live games is that a week now across the competitions?

What's the concensus on how early is too early for the NRL games?

My view is that if you have had your breakfast then crack on.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

16 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Couple of questions:

With the  typos in your post I think you  may already have made a move into your first 24 bottles........

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, del capo said:

With the  typos in your post I think you  may already have made a move into your first 24 bottles........

You're right, I have.

But how many typos were there? I can see a missing r but that's all!

Actually, never mind, I'm off to the fridge again.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

38 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

You're right, I have.

But how many typos were there? I can see a missing r but that's all!

Actually, never mind, I'm off to the fridge again.

I might pronounce the way you have spelt consensus  ( hard c instead of s )after a few......

On 06/02/2024 at 18:45, John Rhino said:

Just ordered a mixed case to try.

Now I'll have a look to see if I can tell ABK and why I did!

IMG-20240206-WA0001.jpg

Changed my mind at the last minute and instead ordered a mixed case of four beers direct from ABK.

Nice friendly communication from them with email address so all in good time I'll tell them why I bought it 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Couple of questions:

By the sounds of that 24 bottles isn`t going to be enough.

26 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

By the sounds of that 24 bottles isn`t going to be enough.

I don't think they will last till the start of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Rhino said:

Changed my mind at the last minute and instead ordered a mixed case of four beers direct from ABK.

Nice friendly communication from them with email address so all in good time I'll tell them why I bought it 

I think I'll order a mixed case too, given the praise on here from people who have tried their beers. I certainly want to try the dunkel.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I think I'll order a mixed case too, given the praise on here from people who have tried their beers. I certainly want to try the dunkel.

Dunkel is my favourite by far....not happy my local changed to inferior others , ABK pilsner was always on with rotation of the others in ABK range .

2 hours ago, Stirlin said:

Dunkel is my favourite by far....not happy my local changed to inferior others , ABK pilsner was always on with rotation of the others in ABK range .

I have just done 50 years working in the brewery trade on the sales side, and ABK are struggling for draught distribution in the UK. Good beer though.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

I have just done 50 years working in the brewery trade on the sales side, and ABK are struggling for draught distribution in the UK. Good beer though.

Well, if a bunch of thirsty RL fans can't boost their sales, there's no helping them.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Well, if a bunch of thirsty RL fans can't boost their sales, there's no helping them.

It's getting it that will be the problem. SL Clubs have their deals mainly with the National Brewers, some do sell ABK, but it is doubtful that they would install it before their own core brands.