Match thread: Challenge Cup 4th Round. Keighley Cougars v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 25th February 2024.

10 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I don't think this is anything to do with DR whatsoever. Hull KR just happened to be the team who lost one of their major half backs before the season started and have been desperate to get another ever since.

Disagree but it would be relatively boring if we agreed on everything! They get enhanced access and first call on our players in the same way we supposedly do to theirs. 

13 hours ago, lingaro said:

Chizzy will do

Nah. Gave us one of the best seasons in recent years and some amazing memories in 2019, but that's 5 years ago and he was a shadow of the player he was then when he came back last year. He's retired, hasn't done a pre-season, and we're trying to do a rebuild.

I'm sure the club will be looking for a replacement half back, but we might need to be patient. There will probably be a few options come up as the season starts in the NRL with other train-and-trial players like Tanner potentially becoming available. It's bound to be a rocky period in the first part of the season but everything will be about positioning pourselves for a top 6 finish and trying to strengthen as the year goes on.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I don't think this is anything to do with DR whatsoever. Hull KR just happened to be the team who lost one of their major half backs before the season started and have been desperate to get another ever since.

Maybe but given their apparent persistence in trying to sign him don't you think pressure might have been put on us due to the DR arrangement

12 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Even if he wins us games?

Yes.  In all seriousness I'm not one to give players verbal abuse whoever they play for.  But although the game is far from what it used to be surely there still has to be some degree of commitment from the players to their club otherwise what's it all about ?  His actions are so far from showing any sign of commitment / trust / respect etc why would anyone want to see him return under DR.  Do you ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Nah. Gave us one of the best seasons in recent years and some amazing memories in 2019, but that's 5 years ago and he was a shadow of the player he was then when he came back last year. He's retired, hasn't done a pre-season, and we're trying to do a rebuild.

I'm sure the club will be looking for a replacement half back, but we might need to be patient. There will probably be a few options come up as the season starts in the NRL with other train-and-trial players like Tanner potentially becoming available. It's bound to be a rocky period in the first part of the season but everything will be about positioning pourselves for a top 6 finish and trying to strengthen as the year goes on.

Not to mention he's back living in Australia 

15 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Not very professional is it ? They should be bending over backwards to help/ keep/ get supporters.

Just had an e mail saying my order has been processed so hopefully they may post it.Just shows having a little moan may have worked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FR23 said:

Jayden tanner is very similar to addy, ball playing middle so wouldn’t be surprised to see tanner 13 and addy 6 

That would be my thoughts too.

We're clearly going to be doing it tough with a makeshift line-up for a while, but hopefully it will be short-term pain for long-term gain.We do face a very tough opening to the league - it's by no means inconceivable we could lose our first three games - but this year will be like 2019 in my view, try and stay competitive in the first half of the season and try to improve towards the business end of the season.

This weekend's game looks much tougher now with our main playmaker and goalkicker gone, added to Minikin plus the continued absence of the 2 PNG forwards. Everything has gone through Reynolds this season so I doubt we will have much fluency, hopefully we'll have enough quality to grind out a win.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

3 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Looks like Ben Reynolds has gone to Hull KR. That's a big loss for us this close to the league season starting. Apparently we have received a decent fee for him.

Where you been ? It's been big news last couple of days,still dizzy after Utd's win against Leicester 😂

• Haha 1