Ike game 3rd March.

Absolute class, over the 2 games we were the better team no doubt. Jamie dropping the ball off kick off was beautiful also..

• Like 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Cracking win, not just the result but how the lads battled back into it. Could easily have let their heads drop when it was 16-0 so early on. Showed a lot of character to come back from that.

You can see how some of the younger lads are growing into their roles, not least Jack Stephenson and Jake Bradley who were both immense today and are a very good 2nd row partnership.

• Like 6

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

What a result and what a performance (for 60 minutes). One of, if not the best game I've seen from Matty Henson. He was my man of the match purely for his leadership and decision making. Everything from getting the lads together in a huddle to settle things down after havens yellow, the run across field for Eccleston's try, his own try. Thought he was outstanding. Special mention to Ethan, Walton, Stephenson, Burns and Taylor. They all had superb games. Need to take that performance into the league now. 

As for our neighbours. Sorry, but the £££££ spent on your imports is a MASSIVE waste from what I've seen in the 2 games. Jonty must be fuming. 

Hope everyone at the club enjoys their evening after an awesome day. UTT

Edited by townie88
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, townie88 said:

What a result and what a performance (for 60 minutes). One of, if not the best game I've seen from Matty Henson. He was my man of the match purely for his leadership and decision making. Everything from getting the lads together in a huddle to settle things down after havens yellow, the run across field for Eccleston's try, his own try. Thought he was outstanding. Special mention to Ethan, Walton, Stephenson, Burns and Taylor. They all had superb games. Need to take that performance into the league now. 

As for our neighbours. Sorry, but the £££££ spent on your imports is a MASSIVE waste from what I've seen in the 2 games. Jonty must be fuming. 

Hope everyone at the club enjoys their evening after an awesome day. UTT

I thought Matty as captain was brilliant, constantly having a chat with the ref, questioning things, pointing things out. It's often the opposition captain that do that and we're wondering why we're so quiet.

Just a brilliant effort from everyone and a thoroughly deserved win.

Haven we're so lacking in creativity, scored off our errors early on and relied on Doran to find gaps for himself. Long hard season ahead for them, relegation beckons.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Rumours on Haven’s forum that their players haven’t been paid their February wages and the directors sent the groundsman to tell them they weren’t getting paid 😮

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Excellent win today, Town showed real character to come back from 16-0 down to score 28 unanswered points, all 17 gave 100%, toss up between Henson and Stephenson for POM. We have to cut out silly errors, like not finding touch with penalties. Our inexperienced players are maturing every game.

UTT 🔵⚪

• Like 2

Character is the word of today, they never lost belief in themselves and found their way back into the game. Burns for me was key with his runs on the edges,  they had to back off all the time and Taylor was class linking up. Some great tries and tbh some soft ones conceded . The Oldham game will be immense but we've been conditioned to play Championship teams so no need to fear them.

The Jam are in the bin! 

• Like 2

Two very entertaining games.

Both sides need to look at their goal line defence.!

But the best thing is for the first time in many a moon we look like we can score points from anywhere. And that's without Sammut🙃

Well done all,,😀

• Like 4

To be down 16 - 0 after 15 minutes when we probably made every conceivable error you could make and then come back and win the next 65 mins 36-12 speaks volumes of the believe, character and togetherness of the team. We looked dangerous virtually every time we had the ball, but we do need to tighten up defensively in our own 20. However we do look as though we are improving with every game so I’m sure we’ll improve in that area as well. All 17 played their part but it’s really good to see the close season signings buying in to what we are doing and they look to have raised the potential within the team as a whole. UTT

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IanMac said:

To be down 16 - 0 after 15 minutes when we probably made every conceivable error you could make and then come back and win the next 65 mins 36-12 speaks volumes of the believe, character and togetherness of the team. We looked dangerous virtually every time we had the ball, but we do need to tighten up defensively in our own 20. However we do look as though we are improving with every game so I’m sure we’ll improve in that area as well. All 17 played their part but it’s really good to see the close season signings buying in to what we are doing and they look to have raised the potential within the team as a whole. UTT

I think we lacked physicality early on in the game  and losing Lightowler was a blow he'd have made a difference, i'd like to see us try to bring in a replacement. Walton is a revelation but he's not the biggest. 

Well,well,well,that was ###### awesome,when that final try went in I’m not ashamed to say I lost a little man wee, bring on the league season we seem to have got a great bunch of lads that play for each other, now if you will excuse me while I go get changed 😜utt

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Great win today,apart from 2 drop balls from kicks ,not finding touch with penalties, and a kick straight into touch in the first 20 mins,haven would not been in it,towns tackling was first class today. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I think we lacked physicality early on in the game  and losing Lightowler was a blow he'd have made a difference, i'd like to see us try to bring in a replacement. Walton is a revelation but he's not the biggest. 

How long is lightowler out for? 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Haven having money problems already and player's not training doesn't sound good for them as for us what a performance to com back 16 down speaks volumes for the lads and how Muzzy has got them gelling together, thanks lads for making a old man very happy tonight. UTT 🔵⚪

• Like 6

Burns was my MoM today, absolutely outstanding in both attack and defence and other than the kick off that went out on the full never put a foot wrong.

Taylor and Ecclestone were by far better than what haven have replaced them with and I would imagine would be on a lot less coin than the expensive imports. 

Henson is a great captain and leader, needs to play 9 all the time though. He can do a good job at loose and can play big minutes there but we miss the spark when he isnt at hooker.

I think Muz has a big decision to make v oldham as you cant drop forber or walker after todays performance but obviously need sammut in the team. Would putting him hooker or loose be an option? I notice Blaine never came back on today and saunders was still injured so we could do with someone covering at 9!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Town blue white said:

Wow what a game!. Young jam fans giving abuse all game went with there tail between there legs 😂. Saxophone man should have been in bar 1st for first  a hour before markee . Great day all round 🙌 

Yeh, all 12 of them were very annoying, 🙄

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Burns was my MoM today, absolutely outstanding in both attack and defence and other than the kick off that went out on the full never put a foot wrong.

Taylor and Ecclestone were by far better than what haven have replaced them with and I would imagine would be on a lot less coin than the expensive imports. 

Henson is a great captain and leader, needs to play 9 all the time though. He can do a good job at loose and can play big minutes there but we miss the spark when he isnt at hooker.

I think Muz has a big decision to make v oldham as you cant drop forber or walker after todays performance but obviously need sammut in the team. Would putting him hooker or loose be an option? I notice Blaine never came back on today and saunders was still injured so we could do with someone covering at 9!

Walker was doubtful and couldn't take the final kick so I'd expect he'll be rested.

• Like 1

Henson was class today,played really well at 13 also,marwood tackled is heart out again today and the team started to get on top before he came off.i think when we play teams in division 1 ,when hopefully we make more breaks we will see the best in him,Saunders will also be great cover,so in getting more hookers I would think we have that position covered.sammut will hopefully play a more controlled role ,and give the team a better kicking game which for me is an area the team is struggling with.

26 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Walker was doubtful and couldn't take the final kick so I'd expect he'll be rested.

Good problem to have Craig, I went ftm despair to nervous, to hopeful, to worried to joy in the second half.

It's worse listening than watching and Peter Smith was a hard listen today, can't we get8 a Town person on radio Cumbria for our games .

Did we beat just games crowd of 1476.

Thought accordance was going to blow a gasket when Hutten got the try.

Made my day UTT

1 minute ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Good problem to have Craig, I went ftm despair to nervous, to hopeful, to worried to joy in the second half.

It's worse listening than watching and Peter Smith was a hard listen today, can't we get8 a Town person on radio Cumbria for our games .

Did we beat just games crowd of 1476.

Thought accordance was going to blow a gasket when Hutten got the try.

Made my day UTT

Archer has had his op and should be in contention with a normal recovery. 

You think it's easy watching lol? I had most of those just watching Ciaran's kick missing, then bouncing out , then bouncing in in the space of a few seconds! I get what you mean though. 

What I like is that I've watched so many Town teams go back to basics (boring) when things are going wrong , but this team plays their way out of trouble and the opposition hate it. 

• Like 1

The whole team were outstanding today. Henson going to hooker made a huge difference to our game, I know mad dog puts 100% in but Matty is wasted at 13.

I don't want to start naming folk as every player was superb. It was a joy to watch after we started playing sets out. Some defensive frailties to work on, but it was nice to watch at times.

If it wasn't for Aiye & JD the jam International select had nothing. Newton and Castle celebrating with the crowd when they went 16 up like it was over, and the Haven boys dancing with their tops off after 15 minutes.....then the wheels fell off in spectacular fashion 🤣🤣🤣

The Ike is back home! UTT

• Like 6

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!