Fev not paying staff

2 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/featherstone-rovers-ex-players-unpaid-wages-2954236

Shouldn't the RFL have sanctions in place when this happens, stopping clubs signing players etc until they pay up?

'Alleged' being a key word in that report particularly when the RFL don't seem to be getting involved.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

'Alleged' being a key word in that report particularly when the RFL don't seem to be getting involved.

Considering one player was successful at a tribunal I believe this will have legs.  Shame on Fev if all the allegations are proved true

Nothing surprises me with Fev.I paid for my membership last September and as i live in Sheffield asked them to post it to me.Cost £4.95 which i refuse to pay.So i will ask for a refund and after 50 years  supporting Rovers(i wasted 20 years watching( Wakefield) find something else to do on Sunday afternoons.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Nothing surprises me with Fev.I paid for my membership last September and as i live in Sheffield asked them to post it to me.Cost £4.95 which i refuse to pay.So i will ask for a refund and after 50 years  supporting Rovers(i wasted 20 years watching( Wakefield) find something else to do on Sunday afternoons.

Nose, spite, face, in that order. Maybe we could set up a crowdfund page to pay the postage. Alternatively, you could have collected it from POR before the first game 

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Luckily the Super League players will be all over this won't they as they form their union..........

The staff involved members of the RLPA?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

TBH that really doesn't make any sense at all.

• Like 1

That win bonus clause in Mathieou's contract is a strange one and I'm surprised that has not come up before. Maybe it will set off a "Were you at a club and contracted to recieve win bonuses but were sent out on loan? If so you could be due compensation" thing. 

22 minutes ago, M j M said:

TBH that really doesn't make any sense at all.

No.  Why don't you pick it up at the first game?

Or - better still - buy a Sheffield season ticket.🤩

Edited by Griff
  • Sad 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

43 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Nose, spite, face, in that order. Maybe we could set up a crowdfund page to pay the postage. Alternatively, you could have collected it from POR before the first game 

Asked to do that and have had no response.My last season anyway i don't give a F-----

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

It's pretty standard to have to pay p&p and obviously there is a cost to the club. Surely this is all part of supporting the club as a fan?

It certainly seems really weird to say you are going to stop watching them after 50 years over £4.95.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

That win bonus clause in Mathieou's contract is a strange one and I'm surprised that has not come up before. Maybe it will set off a "Were you at a club and contracted to recieve win bonuses but were sent out on loan? If so you could be due compensation" thing. 

Don't let details get in the way of an excellent piece of click-bait.

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

It's pretty standard to have to pay p&p and obviously there is a cost to the club. Surely this is all part of supporting the club as a fan?

It certainly seems really weird to say you are going to stop watching them after 50 years over £4.95.

I sent them a first class stamped addressed envelope they could have used that.They have had my money since September and despite numerous e mails i was only told it was ready just over 3 weeks ago.I know how p&p works my son and daughter in law run a successful business and he packs all the orders.I bought a part for my car( not mechanical from China).Postage £1.98 and received it in 9 working days.I am strong on principle.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I sent them a first class stamped addressed envelope they could have used that.They have had my money since September and despite numerous e mails i was only told it was ready just over 3 weeks ago.I know how p&p works my son and daughter in law run a successful business and he packs all the orders.I bought a part for my car( not mechanical from China).Postage £1.98 and received it in 9 working days.I am strong on principle.

Ok, whatever makes you happy.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Couldn't you of picked it up from the ticket office at the first game?

29 minutes ago, Damien said:

£4.95 is a lot, though, isn't it?  Pretty much the price of four first class stamps or seven second class.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Griff said:

£4.95 is a lot, though, isn't it?  Pretty much the price of four first class stamps or seven second class.

Yeah sure, I think Wigan charge £1.50 for a ticket to be posted but will charge another £5 on top of that for an actual physical season ticket from next season. It is something clubs try and discourage due to the overhead on their part and I am assuming Fev don't have full time staff handling all this stuff like a SL club would have.

Either way it's not something I'd throw away 50 years of support over.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yeah sure, I think Wigan charge £1.50 for a ticket to be posted but will charge another £5 on top of that for an actual physical season ticket from next season. It is something clubs try and discourage due to the overhead on their part and I am assuming Fev don't have full time staff handling all this stuff like a SL club would have.

Either way it's not something I'd throw away 50 years of support over.

Which raises the point - is the £4.95 for the cost of a physical ticket or for posting it out?

I am upset that Fev Batley and Dewsbury have all discontinued concession tickets.I can afford it but plenty of loyal supporters wont be able to and i think it is a backward step,I believe i may be wrong that the 3 clubs have agreed on the principle together.To win the Championship has no value without promotion.We won it easily last season but failed in the play offs.All Championship clubs should be encouraging more away supporters and on the day walk ups.What is the benefit of playing in an 80% empty stadium.If 25% or more concessions stop going the clubs will be worse off.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So will or won't you be substituting with a Sheffield seaso ticket?

No after this season i will pick an amateur game on a Saturday.I did go to the Sheffield v Batley 1895 cup game and it only cost me £8 to get in.Dare not go back to Wakefield if they get admitted to SL.I supported them from 1956 to 1973 going to Wembley and winning 3 times.Moved to Ponte when i got married and went with my mate to Fev.It's been like riding The Big One ever since.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Griff said:

Yeah its a ridiculous amount of money for postage. I'm surprised so many people think that is ok.