Fev not paying staff

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

DON'T mention that woman's name round here ! I don't know to be honest but you seem well informed so there must be something in it. It'll all come in t, wesh- eventually 🤔

No, just a mixture of distant memory and publicly available information off tinterweb.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Well if they don't sell it what should they do with it ?

That's a fair point. But you can only sell it once.

Land might be your Achiles heel. A club that rents its stadium can go bust and start a new company. A club that owns property can't do that so easily.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 minute ago, Griff said:

That's a fair point. But you can only sell it once.

Land might be your Achiles heel. A club that rents its stadium can go bust and start a new company. A club that owns property can't do that so easily.

To be honest who knows what's going off,fans are last to know - the life blood of any club.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Craig Hall apparently still waiting on his testimonial money.

Gledhill (so, as ever, make your own call) said yesterday that Hall had now been paid a first instalment with a second now guaranteed to come.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, LeytherRob said:

Craig Hall apparently still waiting on his testimonial money.

As I understand it he only played 50 games for Fev.I would'nt have thought he would qualify for a testimonial match.What if any are the rules on this?

9 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

As I understand it he only played 50 games for Fev.I would'nt have thought he would qualify for a testimonial match.What if any are the rules on this?

The RFL grant testimonials, and it's more about years playing the game, rather than service for an individual club. Once granted, Fev will have agreed to host the match, and profits should've gone to the player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My information is that this sort of thing is endemic in Rugby League.  Personally I think it's appalling.  I went to Batley yesterday and watched two teams who at the end were out on their feet put up a tremendous advert for the game.  They deserve every penny and should be first in line for payment.

• Like 8

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Confusing statement saying everyone was paid on time but yet some players are still owed money. From a PR point of view Campbell leaving could be one of the best things that happens to Fev but from a financial point of view you have to feel like this could be a disaster for them.

20 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Statement from Mark Campbell. Looks like he's stepping down.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/statement-chairman-mark-campbell-HIzBT/

Bit of a hammer blow to lose the Chairman at the start of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Gledhill (so, as ever, make your own call) said yesterday that Hall had now been paid a first instalment with a second now guaranteed to come.

It's amazing how someone is so connected but works for no-one (and the credibility of LE took a hit when he did a match report recently.)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Confusing statement saying everyone was paid on time but yet some players are still owed money. From a PR point of view Campbell leaving could be one of the best things that happens to Fev but from a financial point of view you have to feel like this could be a disaster for them.

I'd assume the chap from Millennium Care who joined the BoD a couple of years ago will take over. From what I can gather, he's not short of a bob or two.

21 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Careful now lol.

"For those fans who have crossed the line in terms of libellous personal comments, I will be taking appropriate advice on those matters. Don't think you are safe on your facebook channels."

• Haha 1

This situation is plainly down to the club gambling on promotion the last couple of years and spending money that it couldn't afford. Fev arent the first and won't be the last in doing this.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, Damien said:

This situation is plainly down to the club gambling on promotion the last couple of years and spending money that it couldn't afford. Fev arent the first and won't be the last in doing this.

This. Missing out on promotion last season you would imagine that Campbell knows the game is now up. They are miles off been where they need to be according to IMG so I imagine like so many other teams in this division they will just do the bare minimum from this point.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Damien said:

Or not spending money and pretending they had.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Were Fev also responsible for paying the server hosting bill?

5 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

You're on fire today.  Chapeau.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

6 hours ago, Damien said:

While all the time telling us fans that it's all been covered by squadbuilder and "record" commercial revenue.

TBH I'm absolutely fuming. Hoping the bloke that takes over from MC has a bit better business brain. (and also gets rid of Vickers ASAP).

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

BTW, it gets worse. Not been paying players pension contributions, fans ordering merch 5 months ago still waiting and we apparently owe transfer money to another club (I'd guess Warrington for Longstaff, who played 2 games 🤦‍♂️)

I believe it was similar for Riley Dean as well where Warrington were having to chase money for his loan which ended up with them just sacking off the deal.