Fev not paying staff

9 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah its a ridiculous amount of money for postage. I'm surprised so many people think that is ok.

MIght it be registered/ tracked in some way? I'm assuming a Fev season ticket/ membership has some monetary value 🙂 

10 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah its a ridiculous amount of money for postage. I'm surprised so many people think that is ok.

Second class small parcel - which I'll assume a membership pack is as a reference point - sent via Royal Mail is £4.69 if you want it signed for at the other end.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

24 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

It's not like it's a parcel.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

I'm looking forward to communications made the club in response to these before I want to pass judgement.

At this moment in time, I can't see anything unless there are other sources?

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

32 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

I'm looking forward to communications made the club in response to these before I want to pass judgement.

At this moment in time, I can't see anything unless there are other sources?

There's the judgement that found in Ben Mathiou's favour

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/64f87794fdc5d10014fce728/Mr_B_Mathiou_v_Featherstone_Rovers_Rugby_League_Football_Club_Ltd_1801188.2023_-_FOR_UPLOAD.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonM said:

MIght it be registered/ tracked in some way? I'm assuming a Fev season ticket/ membership has some monetary value 🙂 

Im not sure but I am sure these days they tend to have a name and photo on them so makes them worth very little in someone elses hands.

19 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Ta Michael, nothing released from the club though.

I'm sure I read that the club was self-sufficient, obviously not the case.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

44 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im not sure but I am sure these days they tend to have a name and photo on them so makes them worth very little in someone elses hands.

Never had one with a photo on but never had to pay for it to be delivered before.Most seasons i pick it up before when attending friendlies but not been to any this year.We were struggling to get a squad together.

You can currently send a small parcel weighing up to 2 kilograms via Royal Mail 48 Tracked [2 day delivery] for £3.29. 

I've just posted one this morning.

A Large Letter Royal Mail 48 Tracked cost £2.70

4 minutes ago, Trinity1873 said:

You can currently send a small parcel weighing up to 2 kilograms via Royal Mail 48 Tracked [2 day delivery] for £3.29. 

This postage lark is certainly racking Fev up a few IMG points.

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Not to labour the point but it reads like sentoffagain2 has other issues with the club , Championship etc..

I'm not surprised.

1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

The accounts say different.

26 minutes ago, Trinity1873 said:

Two kilos - what are these season tickets made of ?😳

2 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

I always thought the claim that the club was self sufficient was very suspect. Based on their gates and the size of the wage bill it was obvious that directors (or director) were putting loads of money in. 

7 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

I always thought the claim that the club was self sufficient was very suspect. Based on their gates and the size of the wage bill it was obvious that directors (or director) were putting loads of money in. 

In 2021 and 2022 they lost over £300,000. That's in each year.

I shudder to think what they lost in 2023 but no doubt we'll find out in a few months' time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

It's got many income streams but obviously not enough. 

8 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

It's got many income streams but obviously not enough. 

Selling shares seems to be its main money-spinner.

Just now, Fevrover said:

Got land to sell as well.

Jeez - the flat-cap Tories.  Sell off the assets to fund losses/tax cuts.   It's like Thatcher never went away.🙄

Did Rovers not get that land given to them by CISWO?   I mis-remember.

I saw the outline plans.   Access looks shocking for the number of houses planned.

56 minutes ago, Griff said:

Jeez - the flat-cap Tories.  Sell off the assets to fund losses/tax cuts.   It's like Thatcher never went away.🙄

Did Rovers not get that land given to them by CISWO?   I mis-remember.

I saw the outline plans.   Access looks shocking for the number of houses planned.

DON'T mention that woman's name round here ! I don't know to be honest but you seem well informed so there must be something in it. It'll all come in t, wesh- eventually 🤔. 

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

Notvreally a good route to go down though is it? Selling off assets due to wasting money has burned many a club.

Well if they don't sell it what should they do with it ?

On 13/03/2024 at 17:21, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

'Alleged' being a key word in that report particularly when the RFL don't seem to be getting involved.

I don't think they got involved at Salford when a number of players,businesses,and organisations were not paid.

Same CEO may be key.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

5 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Well if they don't sell it what should they do with it ?

I said due to wasting money. Selling assets just to cover losses and waste on players is a daft route to take.

If the land is sold it should only be spent on securing the clubs future, such as drastically improving the ground and investing in assets to generate revenue.

• Like 4