Fri 22nd Mar-Sun 24th Mar: The Betfred Challenge Cup Sixth Round Match Thread

Hull KR 16 Salford 0 after only 30 mins due to a long stoppage.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 try each at half time, Leeds didn't deserve to be in front. Not a game with a great deal to enjoy so far, hopefully the second half is better.

As for the coverage, it compares pretty poorly with the live rugby union the BBC are showing on another feed. Simple coverage with less replays and cutting to fans/coaches etc could work, but you need to employ a director who knows what they are doing. The weather makes the image less clear, nothing they can do about that.

The audio was a mess to start with, they turned down the ref mic pretty quickly though. I don't like Sharon Shortle's radio style commentary for a video presentation, Dave Woods is there for the BBC radio, might have been better to swap them round. Although I think some are being a bit sensitive about the "woman" point. the original post that mentioned her was criticising Kevin Brown.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Should never have even been a penalty, never mind a yellow imo. 

You watching pal?

Decent first half at Headingley. Poor defending for that Clark try though. Got to keep him out there.

Coverage is about what you'd expect for Red Button. Not as polished as when it's on BBC 1 (e.g. no tackle count), but the commentators are doing a decent job.

Just now, Hopie said:

The audio was a mess to start with, they turned down the ref mic pretty quickly though. I don't like Sharon Shortle's radio style commentary for a video presentation, Dave Woods is there for the BBC radio, might have been better to swap them round. Although I think some are being a bit sensitive about the "woman" point. the original post that mentioned her was criticising Kevin Brown.

That was me. And to be fair, Kev brown is the weaker of the two. But there’s a real contrast with normal sky commentary or even standard Beeb commentary. 

9 minutes ago, M j M said:

They do if your default perception is that all women are screeching.

He's just annoyed because she knows more about the game than he does.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

it looks like one of them old valve telly's is ready for packing up - just waiting for all the players to have a green glow round them 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

If the rain was this bad back in Rob Burrow's day, he'd probably drown.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

He's just annoyed because she knows more about the game than he does.

brilliant post 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

No, I just saw it mentioned that Wigan got a penalty 🤣

Good call.

(I await the response from the WDL.)

Hull KR 24 Salford 0 arf tarm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Decent first half at Headingley. Poor defending for that Clark try though. Got to keep him out there.

Coverage is about what you'd expect for Red Button. Not as polished as when it's on BBC 1 (e.g. no tackle count), but the commentators are doing a decent job.

The commentary has been good. Coverage not fantastic but passable. Very surprised at how small the crowd appears 

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Good call.

(I await the response from the WDL.)

We're enjoying the scoreline from Craven Park. :kolobok_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, wakeyranger said:

Watching the Leeds v saints game in benidorm. Looks a poor attendance.

Course it's a poor attendance,  Benidorm is a dump.

• Haha 8

Just now, OriginalMrC said:

The commentary has been good. Coverage not fantastic but passable. Very surprised at how small the crowd appears 

There's enough crowd noise to suggest a fair (but not huge) number of fans are sheltering from the elements somewhere off-camera.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Gosh! Your first positive post of the evening. Pain killers kicking in?

all 6 packets - and that bottle of bells

Just now, Futtocks said:

We're enjoying the scoreline from Craven Park. :kolobok_wink:

Boo!

(I was in a pub quiz in North Hull last night and one of the teams called themselves "Mauled by the Leopards"...no, we weren't amused!)

2 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

They've shrunk in the rain.👍🙂😀

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

all 6 packets - and that bottle of bells

Youmay be on the wrong medication.

Bile-Beans-Caroline-Dibbs.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson