Match thread: Championship Round 2, Featherstone Rovers v Wakefield Trinity, Good Friday March 29th, 6pm

34 minutes ago, haskey said:

Playing Wakey , a full time team, with a player missing for half of the second half was always asking too much. We again made a fist of it and we were certainly not disgraced.

However we do need to sort our halves out, and get rid of Wacokecoke as he was terrible tonight.

Whilst Wacokecoke wasn't great tonight, it wasn't just him drifting in and leaving a big overlap on his own. I do wonder whether it's time to give Wynne a run on the wing though, and see if Wacokecoke's pace is more of a benefit when grounds dry out.

Entertaining game, and can't complain at the result. With a few more back, we'll hopefully have a decent season, although for those wanting a general type halfback, I suspect that's probably now wishful thinking given our financial issues.

Edited by gazza77
  • Like 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

All the players deserve credit no one can complain for lack of effort.As others have posted just the halves that are not quite able to create chances for the outside backs.Another good performance from Addy leading the forwards trying to open the door.Dont think any defence could have stopped Walmsleys first two tries it was the fast accurate passing that made the chances.Only option would have been stopping the supply.The players have had a hard start to the season but their effort can't be faulted.

• Like 2

It’s refreshing seeing players who actually want to play and put the work in for us! Get bodies back and have a consistent team we will see wakey in grand final 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just watched the Wakey tries and the first was on the last tackle and i think we may have been expecting a kick they had 4 on 2.Second similar position and had a man over.You could say Gorman and Waco should have been quicker to try to get into the attacking line.Addy did try to cover but was just a couple of yards short.Walmsleys last try he was totally unmarked so that was easy.In future against Wakey we need one of the back rowers in the line as an extra centre when they are within 35 metres of our try line.We scored the better looking tries Aekins dancing through easily and we could have had another two.Hardcastle just failing to pick up  a yard from the line and Gormans tip on to Waco on the half way line which the winger couldn't take in.Only downside for me was our centres and wingers not getting good ball but hopefully that can be rectified when we get the half backs sorted out.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

What's Ben Reynolds up to these days? 🙃

He's really enjoying playing his  rugby over in Hull  oops sorry got that wrong he's enjoying sitting in the stand watching May and Lewis run the show for HKR  :kolobok_grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Echo what's been said about that not feeling like a loss. Walking away last night, there was a buzz of contentment from the fans. 

Can't ask for more than that.

No half back general after Roberts departure but the players are making a real fist of it. We look cohesive in attack as demonstrated by the 2 tries which looked straight off the training ground and committed in defence.

Among the lesser heralded regular starters in the team I though England, Bowes and Kamano played at a high level giving everything they had.

Really looking forward to seeing if we can repeat this performance against Bradford. 

Well done also Wake for coming in numbers. 10x that recently seen against the likes of Bradford and Halifax. Might help to repay a few flight tickets. Lol.

Another fine effort, no disgrace in losing that one. We were right in it until their last try. The sin binning's took their toll on us, but I am baffled as to why Josh was given 10 minutes. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Another fine effort, no disgrace in losing that one. We were right in it until their last try. The sin binning's took their toll on us, but I am baffled as to why Josh was given 10 minutes. 

Taking someone out off the ball when it was likely they'd have scored is what it looked like, but I was 100 yards away with rain all over my specs.

1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

We couldn't really tell from we were sat what really happened as regards the sin binnings but I thought Trinity were fortunate not to have a sin binning regarding a tip tackle. This particular ref like all the young refs are keen to dish out some yellows during a match. It was unfortunate for us that it happened at a crucial point in the match when Fev fought their way back into the ascendency. A brilliant turn out from Trinity and a lot more Fev fans were in attendance this time round. As someone else pointed out the Fev fans left the ground proud of the performance knowing that there isn't that much between the sides.

• Like 3

Think Fordy's doing a pretty good job at the moment. Looking at our squad before the season started I didn't think we had much chance of competing aginst a £1.5 million team like Wakefield, and especially not after losing first Reynolds and then Lacans.

As you'd expect they did look a bit stronger than us overall but we were competitive all the way and in the end it was only the fact that we were fielding a hooker, a 19yo and an 18yo on our right edge that tilted the balance.

Another tough test next week against Bradford but win or lose it's proving to be an enjoyable season so far.

• Like 8