Mid Season International

14 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

England being a curtain raiser for Fev would be absolutely peak rugby league. 

So are we assuming that if you buy tickets for the toulouse game you get the England games thrown in?

11 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

So are we assuming that if you buy tickets for the toulouse game you get the England games thrown in?

Yes absolutely or it would defeat much of the object of being a double header

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

That is pretty bad. It should be a standalone fixture. I’m assuming the Toulouse players will be unavailable for France. England should just send a B team

4 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

That is pretty bad. It should be a standalone fixture. I’m assuming the Toulouse players will be unavailable for France. England should just send a B team

I don't think they could possibly do it worse really.

Even ignoring the triple header nonsense there are essentially 2 full time French teams playing at a decent standard and one of them is playing after the England match, with presumably their players unavailable. Considering France struggle for players anyway and struggle to be competitive it's just a joke.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Even ignoring the triple header nonsense there are essentially 2 full time French teams playing at a decent standard and one of them is playing after the England match, with presumably their players unavailable. Considering France struggle for players anyway and struggle to be competitive it's just a joke.

We’ve been crying out for England to play France mid season then they treat the game like this. No wonder International RL in the NH is so far behind 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

Pile high. Sell cheap. Do badly.

Have people on this forum yelling that we should all attend to show willing and it will be better next time.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

22 minutes ago, Damien said:

My social media reach knows no bounds. 😂 

It is of course worth pointing that all I did was screenshot the post from @ATLANTISMAN who of course is more well connected in French RL than the rest of us put together!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It is of course worth pointing that all I did was screenshot the post from @ATLANTISMAN who of course is more well connected in French RL than the rest of us put together!

Do we have to start calling you an influencer now?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That's all RL journalists do anyway!

1 hour ago, Damien said:

is that not just Leyther_matt has copy and pasted from here rather than anything more official than what we have seen?

Edit: Sorry hadnt seen already that Matt had admitted it... his press pass is surely in the post!

Edited by RP London
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, RP London said:

is that not just Leyther_matt has copy and pasted from here rather than anything more official than what we have seen?

Edit: Sorry hadnt seen already that Matt had admitted it... his press pass is surely in the post!

Yeah. The thing is it is all just what was mentioned months ago anyway, Atlantisman said nothing new either

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Damien said:

Yeah. The thing is it is all just what was mentioned months ago anyway, Atlantisman said nothing new either

Must admit it did sound familiar. Even the bit about Fev being Toulouse’s opponents. Which begs the question as to why it wasn’t announced months ago, but I guess we all know the answer to that one. 

4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Must admit it did sound familiar. Even the bit about Fev being Toulouse’s opponents. Which begs the question as to why it wasn’t announced months ago, but I guess we all know the answer to that one. 

Are we counting a post on a forum as being an announcement now?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 hours ago, JM2010 said:

Will be a b team if Fev players not available?

7 hours ago, daz39 said:

Sorry but forgive my ignorance but what's an International?

Good point. Can't say they're throwing out caps like confetti, though. Will get to next World Cup and be looking to those with 7 or more international appearances for their experience.

21 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Wait until you hear that it's confirmation of the 1200 game that is holding the announcement up.

Well that is understandable as the women’s fixture is the fixture which will bring in the most attendees and television $$$ for the event.

Edited by Sports Prophet
  • Confused 1

On 26/03/2024 at 11:50, stookie said:

Those stupid, stupid warm up routines. Does anyone actually enjoy them? Does the RFL and NRL think they pass as pre-match entertainment??

Previously, at least in Aus, the teams warmed up on the training paddocks, the games were less than 45 minutes apart, and either there was some form of pre match entertainment (quite often pretty bad), or there was criticism about the lack of it. I HATE IT and I go to less games because of it, mainly the gap between games.

Anyway, sorry, off topic. Back on topic and to answer the question, I once went to this fine establishment, and it's my suggestion for a good place close to nowhere:
https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Daly+Waters+Pub/@-15.1819273,128.4477802,2124540m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x2ca9a77a62fbc8ed:0x807329d11f037512!8m2!3d-16.2536786!4d133.3695899!16s%2Fg%2F1thmz0xz?hl=en&entry=ttu

Does anyone enjoy them ? This is rugby league..... You're not meant to enjoy it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 26/03/2024 at 14:21, Leyther_Matt said:

Only if it means I start getting to get free meals in restaurants

Surely Serious About Rugby League have made you a job offer by now?

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

It really does look like we are doing our best to self-harm. 

This is crazy stuff. I can't think of a single country that would  put  on a second tier competition  a ahead of their own international  team.