New Signing

Derwent

9 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Looks like  the Tongan forward might now be heading to Haven .  He has given back word as wants to play at a higher level.  

Doubt it we where linked with him months ago in toulouse now and by all accounts we haven't a pot to pee in

31 minutes ago, donald said:

Doubt it we where linked with him months ago in toulouse now and by all accounts we haven't a pot to pee in

You'll get a few quid from winning the "We took a few fans to France" trophy though so that'll help 🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Holmesy said:

Looks like  the Tongan forward might now be heading to Haven .  He has given back word as wants to play at a higher level.  

Completely inaccurate, contract is signed and process for Visa on track. 

Kind regards. 

Graeme 

Workington Town RLFC 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Holmesy said:

I’ve heard the same about Reece Walsh and Nathan Cleary 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Holmesy said:

You cant even afford to pay the players you currently have let alone sign more 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Holmesy said:

Would be a short lived ambition if he did

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

What extra player would you like out of interest? Be sensible..go on you can do it this once!

Not sure now, we needed a big Prop but one of these new guys is that apparently. So not sure where else we need to fill in, maybe a winger to cover Eccleston`s injury?

Whats do you reckon has brought on the change of direction from mostly local players.?

3 imports suddenly is a big

statement,,,👍

Excess money  burning a hole ?😁

Going for promotion?🫣

Its only team building if they stay beyond this year?

Not! Complaining!

2 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

Whats do you reckon has brought on the change of direction from mostly local players.?

3 imports suddenly is a big

statement,,,👍

Excess money  burning a hole ?😁

Going for promotion?🫣

Its only team building if they stay beyond this year?

Not! Complaining!

I think the idea was always to go for promotion but when you've got two big spending clubs hogging the promotion spots what do you do? If you've got investors and new sponsors on top of a solid financial base then why wouldn't you? We were unlucky to meet Oldham and Keighley in an injury crisis but there's a long way to go yet. Put the pressure on and see if they crack. 

• Like 3

We've seen our fair share of duck eggs from overseas so any talk of promotion is premature I think. But by all accounts the two that have been announced already have loftier ambitions than L1 so I'm hoping they're gonna be crackers

1 hour ago, townie88 said:

We've seen our fair share of duck eggs from overseas so any talk of promotion is premature I think. But by all accounts the two that have been announced already have loftier ambitions than L1 so I'm hoping they're gonna be crackers

I'm excited to have 3 hopefully quality players and competition is good, my only concern is that if two are forwards on current form who can you leave out? Liam is getting better every week, Tyler couldn't even get a game and Grant and JJ were superb at Hunslet. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

I'm excited to have 3 hopefully quality players and competition is good, my only concern is that if two are forwards on current form who can you leave out? Liam is getting better every week, Tyler couldn't even get a game and Grant and JJ were superb at Hunslet. 

Think you've always got to to be looking to improve, that's the nature of sport, hopefully these lads will lift the players around them and they will become even better. 

Competition for places is is a coaches dream, picking the team can be his nightmare 

UTT 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Only need to look back a few weeks ago and we were hoping to get some on loan to cover a lot of injuries, so we do need additions to the squad.

• Like 2