Sun 31st Mar: SL: London Broncos v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/24 at 14:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

This game has many similarities to Good Friday 2011 when we travelled to Wrexham to face Crusaders, we were top of the league and unbeaten, they were bottom.

The whole attitude of the club was awful that day, players loading beers onto the bus for the journey back home, players turning up half dressed and half asleep, players stood around chatting during the warm ups, it didn't feel right at all and we got spanked 32-6 and our players actually looked surprised it had happened, well i doubt the attitude issues are there but this is one of those horrible potential banana skins where if we don't get attitude and effort right we could come unstuck.

Some of our fans are wanting wholesale changes to the team and still expect us to go there and put a big score on, i've seen some saying we should easily put 50+ on them, all this while saying we should rest the likes of Clune/Connor/Cudjoe etc, obviously thoe are the deluded ones.

We've named a fairly strong squad and i expect us to win but we never make easy work of these games so i think London will give us a bit of a test.

Giants but only by 12-16 i feel.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Sadly yes 1500 i predict 

I think we should just abdicate the SL place and join the championship now (seriously)...we would have some great competitive fixtures with Bull, Widnes and Tolouse etc 

I wasn't the only one to predict this season was going to go this way....and will get worse 

23 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Sadly yes 1500 i predict 

Apparently we've sold over 500 tickets so that's quite worrying if only 1000 people are turning out after the early promise.

36 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Apparently we've sold over 500 tickets so that's quite worrying if only 1000 people are turning out after the early promise.

When you say early promise I assume you mean the initial crowd numbers? 

I said at the start of the year that by 6 winless home games in we will be way under 1000 home fans a game again....probably nearer 500

I know I won't be going again this year....rather watch Skolars in the Southern league and see a relatively competitive game. Plus I'll pick some choice northern games to go see

The only close-ish games we can even think of envisaging would be if teams do a 'Saints' and send down a youth squad because they fancy a bye and don't need the points 

Again....anyone who sees any of this as any kind of surprise is deluded or at the very best was badly informed 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

When you say early promise I assume you mean the initial crowd numbers? 

I said at the start of the year that by 6 winless home games in we will be way under 1000 home fans a game again....probably nearer 500

I know I won't be going again this year....rather watch Skolars in the Southern league and see a relatively competitive game. Plus I'll pick some choice northern games to go see

The only close-ish games we can even think of envisaging would be if teams do a 'Saints' and send down a youth squad because they fancy a bye and don't need the points 

Again....anyone who sees any of this as any kind of surprise is deluded or at the very best was badly informed 

A real pity if the crowds aren't going to be much bigger, especially with some weekend afternoon games to suit young families. Think I'll try a game there at some stage this season, but from what the atmosphere looked like on TV, don't see it wowing me to come back regularly at an hour and a bit of travel each way. If the ground were more than half full and games tight, it could be much more appealing. Good luck to Broncos today, though.

• Like 1

Its really tough on London at the moment and like others have said people are not going to turn out to see one sided thrashings every week. I really think the game needs a strong competitive side down there. I can understand the logic of dropping down a league to get more competitive games but I believe it would be far easier to grow the club if they are in the top flight. Unfortunately easier said than done

2 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Its really tough on London at the moment and like others have said people are not going to turn out to see one sided thrashings every week. I really think the game needs a strong competitive side down there. I can understand the logic of dropping down a league to get more competitive games but I believe it would be far easier to grow the club if they are in the top flight. Unfortunately easier said than done

Yes, the games would be more competitive, but pull of the opposition weaker to general sports fans and northern exiles. 

Just now, tiffers said:

Crowd doesn't seem too poor on TV. It maybe that there is a clever TV angle. But a reasonable noise so far...

Really??? Looks awful with only two stands open and loads of empty seats

Good turnout by Huddersfield fans

3 minutes ago, Dredgie99 said:

Really??? Looks awful with only two stands open and loads of empty seats

Good turnout by Huddersfield fans

It definitely helps that the stand opposite the camera looks to have a few people in it.

Still there is a decent enough noise coming across so far. Helps that London have had a bright start. 

On 30/03/2024 at 09:10, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Optimistic 

The crowd could be very low for this

I think they must be feeling better, given the way London are playing.