barra away Sunday

georgeb1

44 minutes ago, Puk said:

Maybe that's is the problem we have to many utility players in the squad.

Every coach has his reasons , if hendo can get this squad a top 6 position then i take my hat off to him 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Every coach has his reasons , if hendo can get this squad a top 6 position then i take my hat off to him 

Should be aiming higher than we finished last year. Anything less isn’t good enough in my opinion.

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

36 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Should be aiming higher than we finished last year. Anything less isn’t good enough in my opinion.

of course we should be aiming higher,  but it's reality that counts

• Like 1

Still early days, some  results not many would have seen coming especially Swinton at Toulouse, it’s hard to predict who will end up where in the table except Wakefield . We need to focus on discipline, and playing like a team which up to now we haven’t. Something is not quite right , last season, once we had got over the bad start we were playing some good rugby, there was confidence and a good team spirit, for some reason that appears to have changed, why - the majority of the team are the same. Are the rumours correct re the ownership is that unsettling the guys, if so, why? 

let’s hope we can put in a performance tomorrow that silences the critics.

• Like 1

I too listened to Andy, and to be honest even he sounded as if it was difficult to get too enthusiastic about our display. Sounded like the same usual basic errors. Just as an aside, what does our defence coach do??

Had a lot of optimism for this season 3 games in it’s all gone 0-3 lost dagger with shoulder he’ll be out for a while myler out 3 month’s Keinhorst injured nikau Harris both banned Wakey next week that’s gonna be a bloodbath fully expecting 60+ 

Another defeat against a team we should be beating if the knights want to finish in the top six,can't see us getting no where close next weekend so it's going to 0 out 4 and struggling with injuries and suspensions,be interesting what Hendo says about today's game and how we have started the season.

When I saw the fixture list, I thought 4 out of the first 5 games were winnable if we played anything like. Looks to me now, like we'll lose all 5. If Clint still thinks we can make Super League, he is sadly misguided. The league table shows, Doncaster, Toulouse and Barrow have all only won 1 of their 3 games, and that was against us.

Edited by HaxbyKnight
  • Like 2

It’s 2023 all over again, mounting injuries to supposedly star players, plus suspensions to make it worse, can’t buy a win  and a look of total disarray, but on the bright side, in 2023 it did turn around,  Look, I can’t help being an optimist, no matter how misguided it might be. 
seriously though, where do we go from here, next week would appear to be an impossible task……

• Like 1

Thankfully early days , injuries plus self inflicted suspensions have hit us hard , very little chance of points in the next 3 games , probably a couple of tough months upcoming then hopefully with a bit of luck we can achieve a  mid table position 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I too listened to Andy, and to be honest even he sounded as if it was difficult to get too enthusiastic about our display. Sounded like the same usual basic errors. Just as an aside, what does our defence coach do??

Swears a lot.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

It wasn't an easy watch in all honesty. I said at half time that we were watching too ordinary sides that had plenty of effort and endeavor but little flair and sparkle. Even two sides who looked frightened to lose. The game cried out for a Sammut, a Chisholm, a Broughy, some off-the-cuff rugby.

Thought Oli Field was our best player. The rejig immediately after the two injuries cost us two tries and, IMO, if Jubbys on the field, their equalising try from Cresswell doesn't happen.

The drop goal was simply toss of the coin. If we had played that way in the second half, wind at our backs, we would have been celebrating a one point win. No kicker would have kicked a conversion from out wide in those conditions against the wind... Funniest thing all day was the seagull who flew between the posts twice as Liam was setting his kick up to show him where it needed to go...

By the way, thought our kicking game second half into the wind was mainly wrong options, why keep it low under the wind when, up high, the ball will drift back to your chasers and away from the opposing full back.

I too thought we might be 3-0, not 0-3 but that's the Championship for you.

And while I'm at it, you big pack proponents, Swinton beat Toulouse and their forward is smaller than ours....?? 😉😊

• Like 3

Oh, and one further thought if you can bear one. Not a 40-20/20-40 all day with that wind. Betrays a lack of confidence in the boot....

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, andyacko said:

It wasn't an easy watch in all honesty. I said at half time that we were watching too ordinary sides that had plenty of effort and endeavor but little flair and sparkle. Even two sides who looked frightened to lose. The game cried out for a Sammut, a Chisholm, a Broughy, some off-the-cuff rugby.

Thought Oli Field was our best player. The rejig immediately after the two injuries cost us two tries and, IMO, if Jubbys on the field, their equalising try from Cresswell doesn't happen.

The drop goal was simply toss of the coin. If we had played that way in the second half, wind at our backs, we would have been celebrating a one point win. No kicker would have kicked a conversion from out wide in those conditions against the wind... Funniest thing all day was the seagull who flew between the posts twice as Liam was setting his kick up to show him where it needed to go...

By the way, thought our kicking game second half into the wind was mainly wrong options, why keep it low under the wind when, up high, the ball will drift back to your chasers and away from the opposing full back.

I too thought we might be 3-0, not 0-3 but that's the Championship for you.

And while I'm at it, you big pack proponents, Swinton beat Toulouse and their forward is smaller than ours....?? 😉😊

Once again I tuned in to your excellent commentary Andy and can clearly recall the points you made above. The word that kept shouting in my head to describe your comments was ineptitude. When the Knights have Liam and Hingano together in the halves why on earth were we lacking sparkle and a poor kicking game?  The more the game progressed it really did come across that you and the travelling Knights fans were watching two " ordinary sides". Polite as ever mate. 

• Like 1

Is it lack of confidence or lack of desire, Hendo states that the was plenty of effort but that doesn't seem to show on the scoreboard. I go back to the question I asked last week, is all this talk of a take over affecting the players? I can’t see why it would as they are still there getting paid to perform, the only people I can see being worried are the coaching staff.

we have been unlucky with injuries again and lost players through poor discipline which really doesn’t help. Still early days and Fev with all the money they have allegedly spent aren’t doing much better.

4 hours ago, andyacko said:

Oh, and one further thought if you can bear one. Not a 40-20/20-40 all day with that wind. Betrays a lack of confidence in the boot....

Neither side used the strong wind to their advantage, which I found baffling.

Barrow won the first half 8-6 against the wind, York won the second half 8-7 against the wind

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Is it lack of confidence or lack of desire, Hendo states that the was plenty of effort but that doesn't seem to show on the scoreboard. I go back to the question I asked last week, is all this talk of a take over affecting the players? I can’t see why it would as they are still there getting paid to perform, the only people I can see being worried are the coaching staff.

we have been unlucky with injuries again and lost players through poor discipline which really doesn’t help. Still early days and Fev with all the money they have allegedly spent aren’t doing much better.

We supporters of Fev can only wish that we have got money. They allegedly are just catching up paying former players what is owed. Fev unsurprisingly will not be a force to be reckoned with this season so it would be wise not to use them as a benchmark.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

We supporters of Fev can only wish that we have got money. They allegedly are just catching up paying former players what is owed. Fev unsurprisingly will not be a force to be reckoned with this season so it would be wise not to use them as a benchmark.

It’s not good is it, when players put there bodies on the line for these clubs the least that should happen is their contracts are honoured, most are part time and have a limited shelf life, for want of a better phrase. I am sure it is happening elsewhere too sadly.

as usual us that pay to go through the turnstiles week in week out are kept in the dark.

I hope Fordy knew what he was getting himself into.

18 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

It’s not good is it, when players put there bodies on the line for these clubs the least that should happen is their contracts are honoured, most are part time and have a limited shelf life, for want of a better phrase. I am sure it is happening elsewhere too sadly.

as usual us that pay to go through the turnstiles week in week out are kept in the dark.

I hope Fordy knew what he was getting himself 

Mark Campbell has stated that as soon as the players have all been paid up he is jacking it in at Featherstone. We are on a rebuild now and yesterday had for on D/R from Hull kr and have no recognised half backs. So we aren't the bench mark this season or even top 6 by way things are going.