Sat 6th Apr: SL: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 20:15 (UK Time) (Sky/BBC/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/24 at 19:45

As Super League + is a bit pricey for me I quite enjoy watching games on iPlayer with a VPN. Unfortunately the only way of finding out what games are on iPlayer is to visit the Super League website, the BBC seems to list nothing other than previous streams.

Would have expected the BBC RL page to have some sign of the live coverage for this by now but it's still pretty much hidden unless you happen to read yesterday's match preview article. In my opinion that is so poor. Think I predicted 25 mins before KO for something prominent to appear or live feed to start but we're basically at that now with nothing. How is that going to catch people getting back from their own sports and looking for something to watch tonight?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

3 hour pre match dinner:))))

Can you send me any leftovers in a doggy bag, please, Paul?  My dog is, coincidentally, a Catalan sheepdog (Gos d'atura Catala, if you prefer!), so I am sure she would appreciate them!  She looks like this:

Catalan Sheepdog vs Bearded Collie - Breed Comparison

• Haha 1

We have become remarkably spoilt in the space of about 2 months.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7.58pm, BBC sport homepage, I can click links to text and radio coverage of RU, televised swimming, articles on cycling, snooker and German football, but only one RL story, despite it being a sport I have chosen to follow with them. Nothing for SL TV game.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I'm usually a big fan of the BBC coverage however this season has in the main been very disappointing. No trailing on TV that I've seen. No mention of the coverage despite mentioning the game on BBC breakfast this morning. Very little build up. No studio presence. Very last minute link on website. This is poor. Free to air TV coverage is great, if you actually get people to watch it.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Not sure if this is a reference to my post. If so, I am grateful for the coverage but don't think it's unreasonable to be dismayed at the virtually non-existent signposting of it, especially given the missed opportunity this represents to bring an entertaining sport to a wider public.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

I'm usually a big fan of the BBC coverage however this season has in the main been very disappointing. No trailing on TV that I've seen. No mention of the coverage despite mentioning the game on BBC breakfast this morning. Very little build up. No studio presence. Very last minute link on website. This is poor. Free to air TV coverage is great, if you actually get people to watch it.

It was trailed on BBC1 last night that it would be on BBC3 and iplayer.  Can't remember if it was before or after the 10 o'clock news - I was too giddy having watched last nights match!

• Like 2