Sat 6th Apr: SL: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 20:15 (UK Time) (Sky/BBC/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/24 at 19:45

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

I think there are only two clubs who haven’t lost a home game this season in Catalans & wigan. I was wondering which was the last club that went undefeated at home in the SL!!!!. 

21 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

It's on the BBC but almost impossible to know that via the BBC itself. Such a shame for a glam fixture.

Hoping the Dragons get Mourgue, Fages and Nikorima back in the mix.

Mourgue and Fages are in the squad.  Nikorima isn't.

1. Arthur MOURGUE
2. Tom DAVIES
3. Arthur ROMANO
4. Matthieu LAGUERRE
7. Théo FAGES
8. Mike McMEEKEN
9. Micky McILORUM
10. Julian BOUSQUET
11. Tariq SIMS
12. Paul SEGUIER
13. Benjamin GARCIA
14. Alrix DA COSTA
16. Romain NAVARRETE
17. César ROUGE
18. Ugo TISON
20. Chris SATAE
21. Matt IKUVALU
24. Tom JOHNSTONE
 Loan CASTANO
 Jordan ABDULL
 Franck MARIA

• Like 2

If you take the mean of the average points per game scored by Catalans and the number conceded by Saints, and then do the 'mirror image' calculation, it suggests a scoreline of something like Els Dracs 16, the Red Vee 18.  Sadly, I could well believe that was about right.

3 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

It's on the BBC but almost impossible to know that via the BBC itself. Such a shame for a glam fixture.

Yes, comes to something when I'm more likely to find out what the BBC games are on here - addition of channels covering to thread title is a great feature - than by looking on the BBC's own rugby league pages. Woefully marketed of late and I wouldn't be surprised if this game only appeared on there about 25 mins before kick off. As you say, this one is relatively glam too.

• Like 2

Really looking forward to this will be leaving early to attend the pre match.

On another note am sitting with Gilles Dumas from the FFR13 to run though things for June 29th YES ITS ON IN TOULOUSE:)

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

I think i heard its on BBC 3.

I think Saints may well overcome Cat's home advantage,  however noisy and demonstrative it may be. Hedging my bets, though, it's perhaps too difficult to call. Maybe the best disciplined team wins.

4 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

And unfortunately very obscure.

I don't have Sky and as has been said by a previous poster I'd have had no idea it was on but for this thread.

Yes, quite. The BBC coverage is a nice idea but execution is not reaching people who aren't in the know.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

Looking forward to check out this Tom Johnstone guy Wakefield are supposedly chasing to see if he's any good. 😉

I can tell you - he's terrible!  Best thing the Wakey management could do is leave the Dragons to be saddled with his no doubt extortionate salary yet again next season!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

And unfortunately very obscure.

I don't have Sky and as has been said by a previous poster I'd have had no idea it was on but for this thread.

I've posted on here that 5STAR gets more average viewers. There's probably a lot of people that didn't know that Channel 5 had a secondary channel.

1 hour ago, sam4731 said:

I've posted on here that 5STAR gets more average viewers. There's probably a lot of people that didn't know that Channel 5 had a secondary channel.

A massively underrated band, 5 Star, and big fans of RL judging by the titles of some of their hits ...

Silk and (man of) steel

The slightest touch (sees tackled player holding his head looking to ref for a card for his opponent)

Their shoulder pads were a bit more NFL than NRL, though.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

BBC 3 is a joke channel they need a word in their ear, its starting to smell why they did this deal:(

Well we were led to believe that they 'outbid' C4 for the rights. What the bloody hell did C4 offer?

• Like 1

L'Equipe Sports paper  covered all over France are on the up - did a piece on  the Dragons -Saints today - quarter of the page. Hope it continues

• Like 5

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

56 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

BBC 3 is a joke channel they need a word in their ear, its starting to smell why they did this deal:(

They are covering the game tonight with a 20.05 kick off.