Tony Smith and Stanley Gene have left the building..

Two years ago, a lion escaped from Hull zoo and was roaming around Bransholme as the local primary school kicked out.

Lot's of people naturally rung the Police in fear - the Police said they were very busy and the lion would have to look after itself until the evening shift came on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Segovia Carpet said:

Don`t think his wife would be interested to go to Hull.  Algarve maybe though.

I've probably told this story before but...

Some years back, Hull FC held a fans' forum with a panel featuring owner Adam Pearson, head coach Lee Radford and new signings Mahe Fonua and Sika Manu, all facing questions from both supporters and BBC Radio Humberside's Gwylym Lloyd.

The evening was going very well with an air of positivity about it all.

Then the intrepid BBC reporter Gwylym tried to ascertain how serious the two new signings were taking their contracts and wanted to know if they would put 100% effort into their performances on the field.

"So you haven't come here for a holiday then?" asked Gwylym.

Struggling to keep a straight face, Lee Radford jumped in with "You've lived in this city long enough Gwylym, nobody comes to Hull for a holiday".

It was a good five minutes before the hysteria had died down and any more questions were submitted.

• Haha 8
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

20 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I've probably told this story before but...

Some years back, Hull FC held a fans' forum with a panel featuring owner Adam Pearson, head coach Lee Radford and new signings Mahe Fonua and Sika Manu, all facing questions from both supporters and BBC Radio Humberside's Gwylym Lloyd.

The evening was going very well with an air of positivity about it all.

Then the intrepid BBC reporter Gwylym tried to ascertain how serious the two new signings were taking their contracts and wanted to know if they would put 100% effort into their performances on the field.

"So you haven't come here for a holiday then?" asked Gwylym.

Struggling to keep a straight face, Lee Radford jumped in with "You've lived in this city long enough Gwylym, nobody comes to Hull for a holiday".

It was a good five minutes before the hysteria had died down and any more questions were submitted.

One thing you could never knock Radford for. Always quick-witted.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

I saw someone saying that Nu Brown had requested a meeting with James Clark a couple of days ago and handed in his resignation claiming that the coaching was a shambles. No direction, no gameplan, not listening to players etc. The fallout of this meeting being that Smith got the chop.

Totally unsubstantiated of course but it would tie in with the reports that Brown has also left the club. 

I tend to think that the timings are too much of a coincidence, and whoever is buying/investing in the club had made it a condition of his investment that he wanted the decks cleared to bring in new players/coach.

3 minutes ago, MZH said:

claiming that the coaching was a shambles. No direction, no gameplan, not listening to players etc. 

Even Blind Pugh could see that, the way the defence performed was much more than the players not putting the effort in, you see U'12s better organised.

I’d like to see them have a crack at Josh Shuster and Nelson Asofa-Solomona.

Both players are out of favour at their clubs and could be open to a new opportunity.

Hopefully Trueman is back soon and they need to get Balmforth into the team as well, not sure why Tony Smith didn’t play him but he is a great prospect.

• Haha 1

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

17 minutes ago, BroncoFan said:

Both players are out of favour at their clubs and could be open to a new opportunity.

Hopefully Trueman is back soon and they need to get Balmforth into the team as well, not sure why Tony Smith didn’t play him but he is a great prospect.

Schuster is the kind of player they should avoid at all costs IMO. He doesn’t seem to have the application required to play top flight RL.

• Like 1

From the Facebook rumour mill :

Mally Walker has bought Hull FC out, along with Nick Barmby, Scott Taylor and Murray who owns MKM. 2.65 mil total buy out including debt.....they have offered 3 nrl players a deal, one being Jackson hastings from Newcastle knights..

Announcement tonight. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

My word…if only!

16 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

From the Facebook rumour mill :

Mally Walker has bought Hull FC out, along with Nick Barmby, Scott Taylor and Murray who owns MKM. 2.65 mil total buy out including debt.....they have offered 3 nrl players a deal, one being Jackson hastings from Newcastle knights..

Announcement tonight. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

My word…if only!

It's crazy talk out there but the giveaway in this one is the 2.65 million, what exactly would they be buying other than a lease running out and a the Name of the club.

I do hope there is truth in investment, its good for the city to have two competitive teams and helps both teams having a healthy rivalry.

Would love to see us both challenging the top teams and possible all Hull final, as long as we win (again).

1 hour ago, BroncoFan said:

Josh Schuster is getting paid £450k per season to play reserve grade at half pace, with a contract for the next 3 seasons… I’m not sure he’d be that open to an opportunity to put the final nail in the coffin of his once-promising career!! 

20 minutes ago, up the robins said:

It's crazy talk out there but the giveaway in this one is the 2.65 million, what exactly would they be buying other than a lease running out and a the Name of the club.

I do hope there is truth in investment, its good for the city to have two competitive teams and helps both teams having a healthy rivalry.

Would love to see us both challenging the top teams and possible all Hull final, as long as we win (again).

That would be a Pearson master stroke, getting some people to pay back the debt Hull FC owes him. Can’t see that happening, why would you? 

3 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Schuster is the kind of player they should avoid at all costs IMO. He doesn’t seem to have the application required to play top flight RL.

Yeah, it would be a typical Hull FC signing at a time when they need to look to sign players that would improve their culture. Schuster isn't going to do that.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Worzel said:

Josh Schuster is getting paid £450k per season to play reserve grade at half pace, with a contract for the next 3 seasons… I’m not sure he’d be that open to an opportunity to put the final nail in the coffin of his once-promising career!! 

The talk is that Manly have cut him and can do this without paying him off due clauses in his contract over his weight. How true this is I suppose we will find out in the next few weeks. 

3 hours ago, BroncoFan said:

Schuster and NAS wouldn’t be great signing at Hull they need to get the culture right first before bringing in this kind of player. They need leaders who will set examples for other players first. 

• Like 1

The club have now officially announced that Hoy and Brown have left the club. Gives us a few quota spots and an awful lot of cap space if an injection of cash is indeed imminent.

• Like 1

Adam Pearson is the "special guest" on Radio Blundersard from 6pm toneet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_humberside

Should be worth a listen...

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Adam Pearson is the "special guest" on Radio Blundersard from 6pm toneet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_humberside

Should be worth a listen...

Absolutely nothing of note came out of that. 

"We've hopefully got some investors. They're not from Hull."

"We've been working with the new DoR for a while. Can't name him though."

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

This is what I heard on the interview:

Director of Rugby to be announced next Tuesday?

No "high net worth " Hull people interested.

A potential "investor" he's talking to is Leeds- based? 2 or 3 people in the pipeline? Talking to a corporate broker 

Club spending up to salary cap but not spending it correctly.

Smith not happy at leaving.

Did I hear correctly?" Ronnie (do you know who I am) Pickering " taking over.😀

Edited by JohnM

11 minutes ago, JohnM said:

This is what I heard.

Director of Rugby to be announced next Tuesday?

No "high net worth " Hull people interested.

A potential "investor" he's talking to is Leeds- based? 2 or 3 people in the pipeline? Talking to a corporate broker 

Club spending up to salary cap but not spending it correctly.

Smith not happy at leaving.

Did I hear correctly?" Ronnie Pickering " taking over.

Maybe Stan Pickering…

Seriously. It’s been a culmination things.  Too many to mention.

20 minutes ago, philipw said:

Richie Myler coming in as DoR, according to Matthew Shaw. Definitely an odd one 

Look at Myler’s relationship with the potential new investor….

• Like 1