Richie Myler

blackknight

It says on one of the Hull Facebook pages that their new director of rugby is talking to his current club about terminating his current contract. Doesn’t sound much room for compensation there.

11 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

BBC talking about this at todays challenge cup game, hopefully we're compensated by hull fc if he does leave

Yes, during the chat a great request from Ryan Brierley, " I'd love to see his qualifications " when referring to Richie possibly becoming a director of rugby.

MONEY TALKS, and it's who you know.

16 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

BBC talking about this at todays challenge cup game, hopefully we're compensated by hull fc if he does leave

What do you suggest for loosing a marquee signing and possibly a wealthy investor in one go, friendly against Hull reserves before next season is usually the going rate.

• Haha 1

Just add him to the list of lousy signings (there are several other words I could have used that are less polite). Getting to be quite a long list since 2019. I don’t think the word “commitment” and “Ritchie Myler” should ever be used together.  

• Like 1

Interesting theory. What I will say is that I bumped into 3 Knights players in the city centre just before Christmas, and they told me that Myler had had a very positive impact on the squad since he had signed. He didn't feature in any pre season games, so maybe his heart wasn't in it once he had settled in. Let's just get our money back and move on. He won't be missed, he's hardly played. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andyacko said:

All depends on what the original 'terms of engagement' were...😉

I imagine whatever the terms where Ritchie has the option to retire with his injury, so I would think that the club won’t be in a position to demand anything or it will force this to happen.

As others have said - we move on. If he has had a positive impact with some of the team during his short stay then great, but we won’t really miss someone we have never seen the impact of. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

The only compensation we will receive is not having to pay him for 3 months of recovery....unless he was just a couple of weeks away that is. 

The signing of Myler was a great bit of business at the start of the season to bring his experience and class to the team,but has been blighted by injuries and does leave us again short of half back options even though he was going to missing for a couple of months and hopefully if we have paid him a signing on fee that he gives it back to the club.

I might be wrong here, but if he's retired I don't think he'll need to give any signing on fee back. Would be more a gesture of goodwill but I can't see it happening. Shame for York as I thought he would be great for you when you first signed him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, only 2 weeks away said:

Wouldn't be a bad deal if we get compo, he's out for at least 3 months anyway, I'm sure he'll be our highest earner so it frees up some funds. Don't want anyone pulling on the shirt that isn't fully committed.

He isn't transferring his playing registration I believe, so what would the club be compensated by Hull for?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

13 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

Just add him to the list of lousy signings (there are several other words I could have used that are less polite). Getting to be quite a long list since 2019. I don’t think the word “commitment” and “Ritchie Myler” should ever be used together.  

How many "star" signings dropping down from SL to a Championship club have actually been good value? Far fewer than those who significantly disappointed, I would say.

• Like 3

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.