haven this sun

Here we go again , another tough one and the 2 points are vital , listening to hendo post batley he was very dejected and down , wasn't sure if any troops would be back for this match , interesting to see if we blood the big french unit or take anyone else on loan.

Hendo isn;t going to play the frenchman until he has seen him in a game, he told me that himself. Apparently there are issus with work permits etc., so could be a while yet, if we ever see him at all.  Hingano has to start this week, our half backs played too wide last week and created nothing. Bring Field back if he is fit. Also AJ back in the starting line up, and Pembo on the bench.

Ii think Ata would start and play all game if he was fit enough, problem is he often isn't. Thought Nikau played really well last week, when Ata came on you wouldn't have known Liam was playing?

Would be good to get an update on the short term injuries, Oli, Jesse, Jacob etc....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

great to see will dagger back in contention , perhaps the attacking pace were missing .

my 17 if fit.

1 dagger 

2 lineham 

3 severs

4 keinhorst

5 towse

6 harris 

7 williams

8 tai

9 jubb 

10 fitzsimons

11 thompson 

12 bailey

13 hingano

14 teanby

15 michael

16 daley

17 harrison

Edited by georgeb1

27 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

great to see will dagger back in contention , perhaps the attacking pace were missing .

my 17 if fit.

1 dagger 

2 lineham 

3 severs

4 keinhorst

5 towse

6 harris 

7 williams

8 tai

9 jubb 

10 fitzsimons

11 thompson 

12 bailey

13 hingano

14 teanby

15 michael

16 daley

17 harrison

he wont play Towse, as he says both Brown and Lineham are playing well, I expect Hingano to start with Williams on the interchange.

1 hour ago, Stirlin said:

Hendo HAS to name a 21 man squad whether they are playing or not .

I am well aware of that, but it seems crazy to name players he his sending out to play elsewhere. Apart from anything else, Pemberton and AJ should be playing for the Knights. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Apart from anything else, Pemberton and AJ should be playing for the Knights. 

100% agree. The one game we have won, Pemberton started 🤔 I know it's not as simple as that but the guy did nowt wrong that day after really looking the part at the tail end of last season.

Posted (edited)

If they do play for Newcastle against Oldham their defensive qualities will be really  tested. The points differential between Oldham and Newcastle is 512 points which is massive at this stage of the season. Good luck to them and hope they avoid any injuries

Edited by Yorkie-Girl
bad grammer

1 hour ago, JonT said:

100% agree. The one game we have won, Pemberton started 🤔 I know it's not as simple as that but the guy did nowt wrong that day after really looking the part at the tail end of last season.

At the risk of sounding like I keep repeating myself, who are you dropping for them? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

At the risk of sounding like I keep repeating myself, who are you dropping for them? 

As Hendo said when asked why Towse wasn’t being played, he didn’t perform in the games he played this season and both Brown and Lineham have, as for Pembo, as much as I admire him his position is hooker, well covered by Jubb and Daley, he was a stand in stand off, but our marquee player Hingano is allegedly fit so will play and his cover is Williams so no place for Pembo. The one thing about Pembo is his attitude and if asked to play for Newcastle he will and do so with good grace and enthusiasm. His day will come he is still only a kid.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Who do you drop for him? Well, seeing as we are next to bottom of the league, I would suggest anybody could be left out. I'd have AJ in for Brown to start with. Daley hasn't set the world alight this season. Williams may be Hingano's deputy, but he has done no more than Pembo to deserve to be included. Also Pembo is I believe 26, hardly a kid. 

Edited by HaxbyKnight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clarence Street said:

On what I've seen this season he'd be my pick before Williams every time.

2 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Who do you drop for him? Well, seeing as we are next to bottom of the league, I would suggest anybody could be left out. I'd have AJ in for Brown to start with. Daley hasn't set the world alight this season. Williams may be Hingano's deputy, but he has done no more than Pembo to deserve to be included. Also Pembo is I believe 26, hardly a kid. 

Taylor has only just turned 21 a couple of weeks ago. 

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

7 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Taylor has only just turned 21 a couple of weeks ago. 

Pembo was born  17 April 2003 , so, as you say just 21, still learning the game and just a kid, in my opinion. Williams has hardly played this season but when he has I have been impressed by him, he is a halfback, Pembo is a hooker / utility player. The choice between Brown and AJ is more difficult, last season AJ without doubt was our stand out winger, this season he has had a couple of poor games, Hendo obviously favours Brown. I think it is a confidence thing with AJ , as is the case with a lot of younger players, so, personally, I think a couple of games at Newcastle might benefit him, especially if he can run in a few tries. I think he is in a similar situation to Harrison, two seasons ago he was brilliant, especially for a kid, last season not so much, this season he is back to his old self, probably helped by playing in his proper position, Full Back, his confidence has grown.

• Like 2

My mistake re Pembo's age, I'm sure I read somewhere he was 26. Regardless of that he'd be in my squad. I think he deserved his place after the Bradford game. I think he, Harrison, Ward and AJ, have had the short straw from Hendo in team selection while he seeks to justify playing the players he has brought in. We are next to the bottom of the league what does that tell you? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Expatknight said:

As Hendo said when asked why Towse wasn’t being played, he didn’t perform in the games he played this season and both Brown and Lineham have, as for Pembo, as much as I admire him his position is hooker, well covered by Jubb and Daley, he was a stand in stand off, but our marquee player Hingano is allegedly fit so will play and his cover is Williams so no place for Pembo. The one thing about Pembo is his attitude and if asked to play for Newcastle he will and do so with good grace and enthusiasm. His day will come he is still only a kid.

Certainly question that Brown is performing better than Towse at the moment and can't see by sending him to Newcastle to play will benefit him at all except give him game time,last season he was one of the best young wingers in the championship and now is been made a scapegoat for our poor start to the season,Hendo needs to start looking at the rest of the squad who haven't performed this season but can't do anything because we haven't got much in reserve to change things especially in the forwards and at centre.

On 03/05/2024 at 13:19, georgeb1 said:

my 17 if fit.

1 dagger 

2 lineham 

3 severs

4 keinhorst

5 towse

6 harris 

7 williams

8 tai

9 jubb 

10 fitzsimons

11 thompson 

12 bailey

13 hingano

14 teanby

15 michael

16 daley

17 harrison

Don't think severs will be available so would stick with Ward in the centres.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JonT said:

On what I've seen this season he'd be my pick before Williams every time.

It's all down to opinions but can I respectfully suggest you have a read of the Dewsbury v Knights match report on the Knight's website from the cup match earlier in the season. (Another game we won by the way). It just might, might, refresh your memory about Williams ability.

• Like 1

I'd have Pembo and Towse in before Williams and Brown all day long.

Now May 1st has passed I don't imagine it'll be too long before we find out who AJ's next club is.

Replacing our best - and homegrown - winger with a 34 year old on his last payday really was sensational management.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

It's all down to opinions but can I respectfully suggest you have a read of the Dewsbury v Knights match report on the Knight's website from the cup match earlier in the season. (Another game we won by the way). It just might, might, refresh your memory about Williams ability.

I too like williams , bet he'll have a corker today against his former club

37 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

It's all down to opinions but can I respectfully suggest you have a read of the Dewsbury v Knights match report on the Knight's website from the cup match earlier in the season. (Another game we won by the way). It just might, might, refresh your memory about Williams 

One swallow never made a spring. But there will be no one more delighted than me if he plays a blinder today.

Posted (edited)

Both Pembo and AJ starting for The Thunder this afternoon at Oldham, Pembo at 9 AJ at 5.

Also Donaghy at full back and Harry price at Prop.

Edited by Expatknight