Fri 3rd May: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Salford Red Devils KO 19:45 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/24 at 19:30

Rowley only coaches running, passing and tackling. He doesn't seem to coach bird impersonating, 

It seems to work well.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Garbage decision. Nothing in that, and anything there was was instigated by Lafai.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Posted (edited)

Pretty harsh to march young Wallis for rubbing his forehead into Lafai.. It wasn't a headbutt.

Just a penalty IMO. That's killed this game off.

Edited by StandOffHalf
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Garbage decision. Nothing in that, and anything there was was instigated by Lafai.

Retaliator etc. etc.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Padge said:

Retaliator etc. etc.

Yep, we reward head-rubbing, gloating gobsh*tes.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Posted (edited)

Somewhat less questionable than the obstruction in the first half, but I think that's a call that Hudds can feel went against them..

Bodies across the field and Lolohea ia allowed to be there.

Play on, for me. Marsters stepping through the bodies up the middle.

Edited by StandOffHalf

I thought they were going to disallow that for Lolohea, but probably just about enough to ground the ball.

We might have a comeback on. They need to move the ball to their edges.

Huddersfield having a go at winning it in the last 5 minutes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's a bit of a shame Swift couldnt BA to try to run a bit further towards the posts when he scored, would be game on.

All of a sudden, it's 14:18.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

What a conversion from Connor! A minute to find 2 points for the Giants.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, doc said:

Certainly picked the best game to watch!

Seconded.

• Like 1

Salford got a massive scare at the end, but hung on.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Excitement but Hudds needed something a little better on tackles 3 and 4, rather than firing a wide ball on tackle one. Not the way to address an all-or-nothing set at the death.

Salford deserved victors, despite the Hudds excitement in the closing 10 minutes.

A minute left and Huddersfield play as if they are in front .They needed to throw the ball about after the first tackle to have any chance of scoring.Salford deserved it by more than 2 points.Disagteed with both obstruction calls on the disallowed tries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StandOffHalf said:

Pretty harsh to march young Wallis for rubbing his forehead into Lafai.. It wasn't a headbutt.

Just a penalty IMO. That's killed this game off.

But....but.....did it? 

• Like 1

All teams - yes, including those I support - seem to think it is acceptable to try and wind up an opposition player who has just committed an error, such as a knock-on.  It was this that led to the sending off at Huddersfield tonight.

On another thread, I recently said that, of all the sports about the rules of which I have a reasonable knowledge,  RL is unique in being the only one in which some laws are just arbitrarily ignored.

A player is guilty of misconduct if he  "behaves in any way contrary to the true spirit of the game."   If refs routinely enforced this by penalising the wind-up merchants, the problem would soon disappear.  Why don't they, I wonder. 

• Like 2