TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

• Please log in to reply
6334 replies to this topic

#5281 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Spent the day revising CISCO router labs...  exam soon I think!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#5282 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

I've got the VAT lady coming to see me on 30th May.

She wants 4 years books.

We've only been going 3.

This may not end well.

Hints:

- Be helpful

- give everything asked for with a smile

- be prepared to prove everything with indisputable proof in the form of bank statements or third party receipts.

- best tea, china and biscuits!

I walked out of mine with them issuing me a refund cheque because I'd been too cautious in recovering some VAT on expenditure that I thought was marginal.

The VAT people are by far the most helpful of all HMRC employees but if you give them the slightest hint that you're hiding something then you could be there for days going through every single penny of expenditure and revenue.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5283 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Hints:

- Be helpful

- give everything asked for with a smile

- be prepared to prove everything with indisputable proof in the form of bank statements or third party receipts.

- best tea, china and biscuits!

I walked out of mine with them issuing me a refund cheque because I'd been too cautious in recovering some VAT on expenditure that I thought was marginal.

The VAT people are by far the most helpful of all HMRC employees but if you give them the slightest hint that you're hiding something then you could be there for days going through every single penny of expenditure and revenue.

To be fair to HMRC I've never found them to be anything other than completely helpful, my only concern is the MD who is what I can only describe as a tw@ of the highest order and I could easily see him trying to be clever with them, which could have a very tedious result.

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#5284 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,454 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:22 AM

I've got the VAT lady coming to see me on 30th May.
She wants 4 years books.
We've only been going 3.
This may not end well.

You may have to win her over with your charm and wit.

Been nice knowing you.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#5285 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

To be fair to HMRC I've never found them to be anything other than completely helpful, my only concern is the MD who is what I can only describe as a tw@ of the highest order and I could easily see him trying to be clever with them, which could have a very tedious result.

If the MD is obstructive to them then he may find that he coincidentally gets a "random" personal tax audit as well in the next few months.  Now, those HMRC employees are a wee bit less friendly...

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5286 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,871 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

There was a Suffragette Ju-Jitsu school!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5287 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,871 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

151214116_56e6dff931.jpg

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5288 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

There was a Suffragette Ju-Jitsu school!

A friend of mine recently moaned that women had endured years of suffrage in the past. She didn't seem to cotton on when I suggested that she ought to do something about ending womens suffrage. :D

Fides invicta triumphat

#5289 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Cameron is an anagram of Romance.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5290 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Cameron is an anagram of Romance.

axl rose is an anagram of oral sex

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#5291 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Cricket results in Bradford's Sunday School League

:)

http://www.thetelegr..._Church_to_top/

#5292 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

ConDem is an anagram of evil, vindictive, heartless, spiteful, lying toads. Give or take the odd letter.

LUNEW.jpg

#5293 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Gosh, who would have thought that some of those movies stars are actually genuinely brave people in their off-screen lives.

http://www.thetelegr...e_at_TV_Baftas/

#5294 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

I work in construction, so this question was asked across the office;

"Do you have an erection pack ready for this job?"

The slight pause halfway through the sentence set me off with the giggles.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5295 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Catastrophic mechanical on the way into work this morning. Chain slipped of the chainset, got dragged into the spokes and the back wheel locked up whilst I was going 20mph. Like a boss I managed to keep upright but my wheel needs re-spoking and my front derailleur is kaput :(. On the plus side it means an upgrade to Sram Red :D.

Fides invicta triumphat

#5296 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

my front derailleur is kaput :(.

Definitely time we got out of Europe.

Wouldn't have happened if you'd got yourself a proper Sturmey-Archer in the first place.

;) :D

#5297 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

I'm now convinced that I'm living in a Truman Show type of reality show.  I simply cannot believe that some people can be such narcissistic, racist, sexist, homophobic, arrogant, ignorant bullies and still get to very high positions in life without it being a made-up scenario to see how I react.  It wouldn't be so bad but the makers of the show have realised that I can ignore one or two of them easily but multiples in one organisation who only recognise and value others like them is surely just a step too far.  Ratings must be falling for them to get so obvious about it.

I KNOW YOU'RE WATCHING ME!  IF YOU WANT EXTRA RATINGS THEN AT LEAST GIVE ME SOME EXCITEMENT SUCH AS MY WIFE HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL WOMAN AND THEY LET ME WATCH IN THE CORNER.

#5298 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

I heard today that there's a name for people without beards:  Women.

#5299 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

I take it you haven't been to Burnley lately?

B)

#5300 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

I heard today that there's a name for people without beards:  Women.

or people who know about personal hygiene. :P

Fides invicta triumphat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users