TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Congrats Wigan

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

Most consistent team over the season, well done, deserved this year

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#2 Riversiderontour

Riversiderontour
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

biggrin.gif

Nunc est Bibendum!

im bloody thirsty, its been a long time between drinks.

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.

Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

#3 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

What he said

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#4 Carnie's Cover

Carnie's Cover
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

well done wigan, definately deserved the table does not lie, best defense best attack.

still dont think we will get to old Trafford but Wigan have exeeded everyones expectations.

first silver wear in 8 years I will take it.

#5 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Carnie's Cover @ Aug 22 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well done wigan, definately deserved the table does not lie, best defense best attack.

still dont think we will get to old Trafford but Wigan have exeeded everyones expectations.

Why will you not make it to old trafford?

You've been the best team why should that change?

I'll just copy this straight from what I posted on the Wigan match page as I do believe that the league leaders is more important than some of the derogatory comments that some posters give it.

Having said that maybe Wigan will present themselves with the championship trophy and we can get a proper trophy with some history back into circulation rather than the commemoratorive plate.

Well done Wigan, I know it's fashionable to buy into the grand final like it's something different from what was the premiership. But for me anyway the league is still king as it was in the days when Wigan won it several times in a row. It tests a club like no other competition making you use all your squad, testing you against all sides and all styles of play.

I was still hoping that a miracle would occur and Hull Kr would take it to the last game of the year.

Well done to the league champions. (if not the GF champions).

Although I will point out that actually Saints currently have the best attack. (well it's something to hold onto in the playoffs)

Edited by bewareshadows, 22 August 2010 - 04:37 PM.

Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#6 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Carnie's Cover @ Aug 22 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, well done Wigan. And it's silverware. cool.gif

Edited by Saint Billinge, 22 August 2010 - 04:37 PM.

#7 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

well done wigan well deserved
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#8 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

Well deserved, best team all season, and could be even better next.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#9 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

Well done Wigan. See you in the GF wink.gif
Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

#10 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

most creative attack all season, makes rugby worth watching

#11 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (DAZROVER1985 @ Aug 22 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
most creative attack all season, makes rugby worth watching

Yep. Well done Wigan. Table never lies as they say.

Edited by TBC, 22 August 2010 - 06:18 PM.

#12 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

Well done Wigan. More proof of what a difference a change of coach can have on a team.

#13 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

Congrats to all at Wigan.

Gutted that BOAB has returned to this forum today wink.gif

Again big well down.

Enjoy your night.

#14 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

I think its fair to say that the team has achieved way above the vast majority of Wigan supporters expectations this season already. From here on everything else is just an added bonus to the unexpected.

I don't think this Wigan team has quite what it takes to win the GF, but then again I didn't think they had a chance of finishing minor premiers either.

Well done to the team and especially to the coaching staff who have turned an average team into serious contenders.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#15 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

A good weekend to be a rugby supporter in Wigan I expect.
Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#16 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

Most consistent team all season, well done.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#17 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Jill Halfpenny fan @ Aug 22 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A good weekend to be a rugby supporter in Wigan I expect.

biggrin.gif

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#18 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Aug 22 2010, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think its fair to say that the team has achieved way above the vast majority of Wigan supporters expectations this season already. From here on everything else is just an added bonus to the unexpected.

If you're really honest with yourself winning the grand final is not just an added bonus it is essential now you've put yourself in poll position, anything else will be a major disappointment. Whoever becomes champions will go down in the history books as the best team of 2010 and the hubcap winners will be forgotten overnight. Finishing top of the regular season is an indication of how well wigan have performed up till now but if you ask the players it means very little in reality, there's no medals handed out just yet and that's what they want at the end of the season, a winners ring on their fingers. Superleague is all about peaking over a 3 week period at the end of the season, whether you will peak remains to be seen, one thing's for sure though, 99% of wigan fans will be banging their heads against the wall if you don't go on and become champions from here. You are part of the other 1% it would seem.

#19 Native New Yorker

Native New Yorker
  • 662 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Aug 22 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you're really honest with yourself winning the grand final is not just an added bonus it is essential now you've put yourself in poll position, anything else will be a major disappointment. Whoever becomes champions will go down in the history books as the best team of 2010 and the hubcap winners will be forgotten overnight. Finishing top of the regular season is an indication of how well wigan have performed up till now but if you ask the players it means very little in reality, there's no medals handed out just yet and that's what they want at the end of the season, a winners ring on their fingers. Superleague is all about peaking over a 3 week period at the end of the season, whether you will peak remains to be seen, one thing's for sure though, 99% of wigan fans will be banging their heads against the wall if you don't go on and become champions from here. You are part of the other 1% it would seem.

I must also be part of the 1% then as I think it is a fantastic achievement to finish top of the pile and do not think winning the GF is "essential" just because we have finished first.

I agree with Padge's sentiments, the team has performed way above the supporter's expectations.
SQL Minor Stupidship winner 2011, 2012
Stupid Grand Champion 2012
Challenged Cup Winner 2013

#20 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:16 AM

I'd be amazed if Wigan don't reach the Grand Final from finishing top of the pile, history tell us its virtually a given. What have Wigan fans seen in other sides that makes them think thier team isn't good enough to win it?
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users