14 Jun: SL: Salford Red Devils v Widnes Vikings KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Widnes Vikings
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/06/18 at 18:45

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Houston was unlucky to be sin binned, but on reflection I can see why. He was hit late, not very late but still late, and however it came about there was contact with the head. In this day and age, with such focus on head injuries, the interpretation is that is a yellow card. Child's hands were tied once the decision for a penalty had been made.

I thought he had a decent game overall. There was one incident where a scrum went the wrong way but generally decent.

Houston is a major liability to Widnes and really needs releasing before any late season crucial games. 

I did think Salford really took advantage from 3 x woeful last tackle kicks from Gilmore who didn't make much of an effort to react either.

These two guys just hurt their own team far more than even Robert Lui did.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

20 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Quick question. I saw bits of the first half from a distance, with no sound on. I didn't think that it was Child who was the ref. Or is my eyesight failing me?

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but your eyesight is failing you I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, johnh1 said:

Quick question. I saw bits of the first half from a distance, with no sound on. I didn't think that it was Child who was the ref. Or is my eyesight failing me?

Should've gone to Specsavers, mate.?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

3 hours ago, DG70 said:

Either of these teams would not look out of place in the Championship,sadly only one will go down while the other merely remains in SL to make up the numbers!

both could go down theoretically, no?

Salford need a kicker, glad we toughed that game out last night. Child made some odd calls including the Salford "knock on" The sending off was a slightly late hit but Houston is an idiot. I did say to my husband in the first half that Salford's best player had been subbed when Houston went off.

Glad for a week off chance to get some bodies fit Tyrone McCarthy, Burke, Shorrocks, Flanaghan all injured, Lui was walking slowly. Tasi and Tomkins played long stints especially in the 2nd half.

Agreed it wasn`t a good game , but there have been a few poor games on sky this season . Think Widnes need a far better kicking game and the backline looks decidedly small , that and James Childs didn`t give them the licking s of a dog 2nd half .

28 minutes ago, Bomb Jack said:

I know he shouldn't have clapped the Ref, but 2 games seems OTT to me....

For someone with previous form for twice accidentally running into referees and injuring them, I think both he & Childs got off lightly.

56 minutes ago, Bomb Jack said:

Chris Houston has received a 2 match ban.

Was hoping he'd get sending off sufficient. :(

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived