Failures

Blue Pike

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Barring some very odd results the teams finishing 5th and 6th will have already qualified for the final before the 8s start. Only thing to be sorted really are the relegation places.

That's right, and clubs that have qualified for the plate early in the play-offs have been known to relax, to the detriment of others battling relegation. This isn't really a good system, is it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

That's right, and clubs that have qualified for the plate early in the play-offs have been known to relax, to the detriment of others battling relegation. This isn't really a good system, is it?

Well on the bright side for the teams battling relegation Fev are unlikely to be resting players in games against their rivals!

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Lets all salute Oxy for not coming on and rubbing it in.

I love a bit of banter but you have to know when to pick your time. This isnt it.

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Time yet!

I owe him! 

Lets get next week out of the way first. Not counting chickens just yet.

Just now, The Blues Ox said:

I love a bit of banter but you have to know when to pick your time. This isnt it.

Lets get next week out of the way first. Not counting chickens just yet.

Season isn't over just yet...if Featherstone beat Toronto next week they could still be in or am I wrong on this?

7 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Season isn't over just yet...if Featherstone beat Toronto next week they could still be in or am I wrong on this?

They could be in but would need one of Fax, Toulouse or London to slip up. Given who they all play it would be considered a disaster for them if that happened.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

We need Jesus Christ for a miracle and i am an Athiest.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

They could be in but would need one of Fax, Toulouse or London to slip up. Given who they all play it would be considered a disaster for them if that happened.

I don't think the season is over yet...you could still squeak in....bring your full squad over and play your best (London beat us)...you could win and then let the cards fall where they will...but I'm telling you stranger things have happened before and it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

You guys are still in it but you need to beat Toronto at home...has never been done but there is always a first time for everything!

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I don't think the season is over yet...you could still squeak in....bring your full squad over and play your best 

Our full squad is either on the injured table, banned or will be denied entry into Canada

A few scraps is what we will be bringing over

7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I always thought Fev would beat Toronto if they had to, but not now. It will be two teams playing for nothing but pride. Pity, but another half back like Wildie back in the side that played yesterday would have given them a real test. But I don't think they'll have the stomach for the fight now, although they might have the stomach for the other kind of fight.....the one that's been letting them down all season in terms of suspensions! 

Just now, Steve Slater said:

I always thought Fev would beat Toronto if they had to, but not now. It will be two teams playing for nothing but pride. Pity, but another half back like Wildie in the side that played yesterday would have given them a real test. But I don't think they'll have the stomach for the fight now, although they might have the stomach for the other kind of fight.....the one that's been letting them down all season in terms of suspensions! 

Our discipline has been rank all year Steve.

Getting sent off for gobbing at the ref really is inexcusable.....

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

They're like a set of naughty but talented schoolkids with an end of term report that says "Can do much better if they apply themselves".

Next season is going to be even more challenging , with good teams likely to come down and also with York/bradford on the up Also with less cash for the pot with. not  reaching the 4 can we afford the necessary quality of player to contest next seasons 4.?

7 minutes ago, haskey said:

Next season is going to be even more challenging , with good teams likely to come down and also with York/bradford on the up Also with less cash for the pot with. not  reaching the 4 can we afford the necessary quality of player to contest next seasons 4.?

In a word - NO especially if M C go's to York as is doing the rounds! 

4 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Our full squad is either on the injured table, banned or will be denied entry into Canada

A few scraps is what we will be bringing over

Virtually every team going over to Toronto suffered the same fate.

This needs to be looked at.

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Did it myself(stupid).Derek Fox was the ref who was clerk of Wakefield magistrates court, so he wasn't going to take any sh-t.Also mouthed what i was going to do to him after the match which he didn't put in his report.I thank him for that.Like Wildie i was suspended for one game and fined a tenner as my wage in 1971 was only £20 that hurt a bit.

Archived