2019 Squads

Futtocks

Seeing as Catalans have just announced theirs, we may as well have a thread for reference/discussion on all clubs.

1 Tony Gigot
2 Jodie Broughton
3 David Mead
4 Brayden Wiliame
5 Lewis Tierney
6 Samisoni Langi
7 Matty Smith
8 Rémi Casty
9 Micky McIlorum
10 Sam Moa
11 Kenny Edwards
12 Benjamin Garcia
13 Greg Bird
14 Julian Bousquet
15 Mickael Simon
16 Benjamin Jullien
17 Matt Whitley
18 Alrix Da Costa
19 Mickael Goudemand
20 Lambert Belmas
21 Paul Séguier
22 Lucas Albert
23 Antoni Maria
24 Jason Baitieri
25 Arthur Romano
26 Arthur Mourgue
29 Sam Tomkins

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bulls Squad numbers: I think it's roughly 50% full time and 50%part-time. My only beef is how Matty Wildie got the No 9 shirt in front of more obvious candidates.

1 Gregg McNally 2 Ethan Ryan 3 Jake Webster 4 Ashley Gibson 5 Jy Hitchcox 6 Joe Keyes 7 Dane Chisholm 8 Liam Kirk 9 Matty Wildie  10 Steve Crossley 11 Matty Garside 12 Elliot Minchella 13 Mikey Wood 14 Jordan Lilley 15 Callum Bustin 16 James Green 17 Ross Peltier 18 Sam Hallas 19 Jon Magrin 20 Brandon Pickersgill  21 George Flanagan 22 Dalton Grant 23 George Milton 24 David Foggin-Johnston 25 Connor Farrell 26 Ross Oakes 27 Rowan Milnes 28 Evan Hodgson 29 Matthew Storton 30 Oliver Wilson 31 Rhys Evans

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

59 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

But then 12 of the next 14 are. Jeez people see what they want to suit their own agendas. It is easy for Wigan fans to moan about clubs production line

Fair points. And indeed look at how many of the rest are not England qualified.

Quite a few SL teams have a significant number of non England qualified players

22 hours ago, thepimp007 said:

But then 12 of the next 14 are. Jeez people see what they want to suit their own agendas. It is easy for Wigan fans to moan about clubs production line

1) the rest have to be French because they can’t have more than 11 non French players.

2) my “agenda” is that Catalans should have far fewer overseas players (many bang average) after so long, for the greater good of the game. 

3) Wigan is a town and France a country. 

1)  The rest are players who have all played in Super League though not just making the numbers

2) They play within the rules set out. Did you know there is a French competition? also they are not the only rugby league club in France, one club should not be weighed with the nations development of players

3) As I touched above they are not the only club in France just as Wigan are not the only club in England you are talking as if they are the only club in the country

I applaud Wigan for their continued junior production line. It is not only yourself or only on this forum that Wigan fans denounce other clubs signings and production line. When Wigan poach kids from outer areas also taking them into their system and away from the clubs where they are from too this is not mentioned. Yes the game needs more young talent coming through but the surrounding are of Perpignan are not a rugby league mad town like Wigan either, young people will need a heck of a lot more persuading to take the game up than in Wigan.

If you were a fan of a club who was to the brim with quota and non fed trained players you would not be arguing the point

Halifax RLFC 2019 Squad Numbers

1. Quentin Laulu-Togaga’e

2. Shaun Robinson

3. Steve Tyrer

4. Chester Butler

5.Will Sharp

6. Scott Murrell (c)

7.Ben Johnston

8. Dan Fleming

9. Ben Kaye

10. Jacob Fairbank

11. Shane Grady

12. Ed Barber

13. Simon Grix

14. Brandon Moore

15. Harry Kid

16. Kevin Larroyer

17. Ben Kavanagh

18. Elliot Morris

19. Ben White

20. James Saltonstall

21. Conor McGrath

22. Connor Davies

23. James Woodburn-Hall

24. Curtis Davies

25. Liam Cooper

26. Sion Jones

27. Reece Chapman-Smith

28. Will Calcott

29. Frazer Morris

30. Adam Brook

31. Jordan Syme  

23 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Bulls Squad numbers: I think it's roughly 50% full time and 50%part-time. My only beef is how Matty Wildie got the No 9 shirt in front of more obvious candidates.

1 Gregg McNally 2 Ethan Ryan 3 Jake Webster 4 Ashley Gibson 5 Jy Hitchcox 6 Joe Keyes 7 Dane Chisholm 8 Liam Kirk 9 Matty Wildie  10 Steve Crossley 11 Matty Garside 12 Elliot Minchella 13 Mikey Wood 14 Jordan Lilley 15 Callum Bustin 16 James Green 17 Ross Peltier 18 Sam Hallas 19 Jon Magrin 20 Brandon Pickersgill  21 George Flanagan 22 Dalton Grant 23 George Milton 24 David Foggin-Johnston 25 Connor Farrell 26 Ross Oakes 27 Rowan Milnes 28 Evan Hodgson 29 Matthew Storton 30 Oliver Wilson 31 Rhys Evans

Who are the more obvious candidates? I haven't seen Lilley play 9 much but I'd be surprised if he's a better option at that position than Wildie, and Wildie's a much better all-round player than Flanagan.

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

2) my “agenda” is that Catalans should have far fewer overseas players (many bang average) after so long, for the greater good of the game.

Still won the Challenge Cup with these many bang average players and finished in the top 8 against many expectations...

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Who are the more obvious candidates? I haven't seen Lilley play 9 much but I'd be surprised if he's a better option at that position than Wildie, and Wildie's a much better all-round player than Flanagan.

Flanagan did more than enough to earn that shirt last year and Lilley is essential to the team.

I don't know if I've ever seen Wildie play. if I have, I've never noticed him.

Just now, Wolford6 said:

Flanagan did more than enough to earn that shirt last year and Lilley is essential to the team.

I don't know if I've ever seen Wildie play. if I have, I've never noticed him.

LOL, you don't know if you have ever seen Wildie play and yet you're saying he shouldn't be starting at 9 for you?

I've seen every game Wildie played over the last 3 seasons, and I saw every game Flanagan played at Fev and plenty of others besides. I like George a lot, he's a decent impact 9 off the bench and dangerous running from dummy half , especially near the line, but his all-round game isn't as good as Wildie's and there's a reason he's been in League 1 in the last three or four years.

Moreover. John Kear coached Flanagan for a couple of years at Batley and has seen loads of both him and Wildie over the years, and it's no surprise at all if Wildie is the frontrunner to start at 9.

20 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

1) the rest have to be French because they can’t have more than 11 non French players.

3) Wigan is a town and France a country. 

I make that 14 club trained players in Catalans first team squad. The Challenge Cup Winners compare favourably to many other Super League clubs. If you are criticising them but not others, you certainly have an agenda.

Catalans are not French Rugby League. Catalans are a Super League club just as Wigan and the other 10 clubs are, they should not be held to different standards.

On 12/21/2018 at 2:10 PM, The Phantom Horseman said:

LOL, you don't know if you have ever seen Wildie play and yet you're saying he shouldn't be starting at 9 for you?

If James Green and Rhys Evans don't get a 1-13 shirt, why should Wildie?

22 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I make that 14 club trained players in Catalans first team squad. The Challenge Cup Winners compare favourably to many other Super League clubs. If you are criticising them but not others, you certainly have an agenda.

Catalans are not French Rugby League. Catalans are a Super League club just as Wigan and the other 10 clubs are, they should not be held to different standards.

Is that right though? Why are they in SL if not because of the benefit to the game in France? They differ from traditional RFL members in that it is central to the case for having them that the game in France grows stronger as a result. Inevitably even they cannot sign 27 overseas players, and so they have to pick French players and I agree they are better than nothing. But I am surprised that I am a lone voice pointing out that they should not be applauded for having players like Tierney on their books so many years on.

Indeed it isn’t a question of whether they could do more - they could not do less for the game in France given that they are limited to a dozen or so overseas players. 

20 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

If James Green and Rhys Evans don't get a 1-13 shirt, why should Wildie?

In Evans' case it might be because he was such a late signing, but I don't see what they have to do with who wears the 9 shirt. Every coach will tell you squad numbers don't mean a lot anyway, just not sure why you begrudge Wildie that shirt when you admit to not knowing if you have seen him play!

4 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Is that right though? Why are they in SL if not because of the benefit to the game in France? They differ from traditional RFL members in that it is central to the case for having them that the game in France grows stronger as a result. Inevitably even they cannot sign 27 overseas players, and so they have to pick French players and I agree they are better than nothing. But I am surprised that I am a lone voice pointing out that they should not be applauded for having players like Tierney on their books so many years on.

Indeed it isn’t a question of whether they could do more - they could not do less for the game in France given that they are limited to a dozen or so overseas players. 

Stop putting the onus on a club that has to fight to survive to stay in the division each season. It is ridiculous. They came 80 minutes away from blowing the whole thing 12 months ago.

A better question would be how many full time professional French Rugby League players have played SL in the last 10 years? And how many full time professional French SL players played in SL in the decade before that (2008-1999). I would hazard that the first one is 100-150 and the second one will be around 1-10. 

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

In Evans' case it might be because he was such a late signing, but I don't see what they have to do with who wears the 9 shirt. Every coach will tell you squad numbers don't mean a lot anyway, just not sure why you begrudge Wildie that shirt when you admit to not knowing if you have seen him play!

I feel the way I do because I'm not a huge fan of John Kear. I think he picks his favourites.

In fairness, all the Bulls players seem to like him.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, Wolford6 said:

I think we are only at 11 fulltime to be honest.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Archived