Uninteresting Trivial Facts

• 2 weeks later...

Even REAL chips in a chip pan won't drag him away from his Lego game grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

My son is the same with Lego pirates Wii game.

I swear the 5-7 means how many hours a day

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

14 hours and 6 minutes into the new year before I hit the ban button for the first time in 2014.

The forum troll-finder tools are very, very good these days.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• 2 weeks later...

We received a marketing letter today from Waitrose.  The tagline in big bold letters on the front was "There's only one waitrose.com", it even included the quotation marks.  I thought that it was very helpful of them telling me there was only one waitrose.com otherwise I may have tried to type it in my browser and been disappointed when I didn't somewhere else, maybe Tesco or Sainsburys.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The offer has been accepted for a house in Battle.  It's got three large bedrooms, two nice reception rooms, a good kitchen, utility room and garden - over four floors and is nicely 'period'.

For the same money in Chalfont St Giles we could get ... nothing.

In other news, we are trying to explain to two boys that just because a place is called 'Battle' that that isn't a call to action.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The offer has been accepted for a house in Battle.  It's got three large bedrooms, two nice reception rooms, a good kitchen, utility room and garden - over four floors and is nicely 'period'.

For the same money in Chalfont St Giles we could get ... nothing.

In other news, we are trying to explain to two boys that just because a place is called 'Battle' that that isn't a call to action.

I am not sure if I should be concerned now that you are going to be less than 50 miles away from me.....Sussex always used to be so nice....

I am not sure if I should be concerned now that you are going to be less than 50 miles away from me.....Sussex always used to be so nice....

I'm getting closer ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

He's only 5 miles from me.

Well done Ginge, property in this area is still quite cheap for the south east, our 3 bed, big victorian terrace costs about the same as a 1-bed flat in Uxbridge, where I used to live. (Battle is quite nice, some very tasteful shops)

The standard cup of tea, as described by the International Organization for Standardization in ISO 3103, contains two grams of tea per 100 mL of water.  That means that if you placed the entire global harvest of tea into Ullswater in the Lake District then you'd get a proper cup of tea if you managed to heat it to the right temperature.

The standard cup of tea, as described by the International Organization for Standardization in ISO 3103, contains two grams of tea per 100 mL of water.  That means that if you placed the entire global harvest of tea into Ullswater in the Lake District then you'd get a proper cup of tea if you managed to heat it to the right temperature.

Unfortunately, this would not be practical and people would have different preferences for milk and sugar.  It would also require a larger biscuit than is currently available.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Unfortunately, this would not be practical and people would have different preferences for milk and sugar.  It would also require a larger biscuit than is currently available.

You could just treat it like a massive tea urn with people adding their own milk and sugar to taste once they got it into their cup.  You'd have to deal with the complainers that it satisfies neither the builders' tea or the two quick dunks of the teabag types.

The used tea would make a fantastic fertiliser though.

The standard cup of tea, as described by the International Organization for Standardization in ISO 3103, contains two grams of tea per 100 mL of water. That means that if you placed the entire global harvest of tea into Ullswater in the Lake District then you'd get a proper cup of tea if you managed to heat it to the right temperature.

I once as a joke, and as a test of research abilities, asked some students to describe a recipe for cup of tea, as you would describe it to an Alien.

On the Monday I got a couple of A4 responses, but one student avoided me all day, and Tuesday as well. On Wednesday when she came in she presented me with a 20 page document, with references, on the origin of tea, the molecular breakdown of milk. A brief history of her Caribbean island and it's involvement in sugar production, history of the discovery of electricity, a description of why water boils, and why it varies according to atmospheric pressure, then 4 pages of closely typed A4 of how to make a cup of tea.

I gave her 100%

I still have the document. And the student is now my partner

Edited by Bleep1673

I once as a joke, and as a test of research abilities, asked some students to describe a recipe for cup of tea, as you would describe it to an Alien.

On the Monday I got a couple of A4 responses, but one student avoided me all day, and Tuesday as well. On Wednesday when she came in she presented me with a 20 page document, with references, on the origin of tea, the molecular breakdown of milk. A brief history of her Caribbean island and it's involvement in sugar production, history of the discovery of electricity, a description of why water boils, and why it varies according to atmospheric pressure, then 4 pages of closely typed A4 of how to make a cup of tea.

I gave her 100%

I still have the document. And the student is now my partner

Yeah, but does she put the milk in first?