Uninteresting Trivial Facts

On 09/12/2017 at 12:36 PM, Futtocks said:

In other streaming news, Google are threatening to disable the YouTube app on Amazon devices. Neither side has come out of this looking good so far, but it's the customers who are being punished.

Amazon have just made the Firefox and Silk browsers available as apps for Fire TV. I loaded the Firefox browser, and its launch page has a YouTube link, which should get round the aforementioned unpleasantness.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

The Australian Parliament consists of an Upper House, or Senate, and a Lower House, or House of Representatives. Often they hold joint sittings, as shown in this artist's impression:

9269812-3x2-940x627.jpg

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:59 AM, amm said:

You know those half used packs of Christmas cards you put somewhere safe so you could use them this year....yeah them...can't find them anywhere.

I bought a jar of pickled cabbage for Christmas day dinner, and left it safe at my ex's (where I was having dinner), on Christmas day, she admitted she had moved it from my safe place to her safe place, and forgot where she had put it. It turned up today. It wasn't a joke played on me, as no one else in the house likes the stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I bought a jar of pickled cabbage for Christmas day dinner, and left it safe at my ex's (where I was having dinner), on Christmas day, she admitted she had moved it from my safe place to her safe place, and forgot where she had put it. It turned up today. It wasn't a joke played on me, as no one else in the house likes the stuff.

I bought a jar of pickled garlic (mmmmm crunchy) a couple of weeks ago, so far there has been no problems as to its whereabouts

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

The house looks bare but peaceful

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

22 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

I bought a jar of pickled garlic (mmmmm crunchy) a couple of weeks ago, so far there has been no problems as to its whereabouts

I bought a jar of red cabbage before Christmas.

It has not been finished.

Is this a record?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I got a bar of chocolate with stevia in it rather than sugar.  Actually very nice, but I'll make sure I have it only when there aren't any drug-dealing scientists around.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm arguing with some Metokur fanboy on YT and he's going round in circles. I've already nailed him on straw man, ad hominem, straight out lying and ALL CAPS. Then the moron replied and threw in a Doge meme as part of another ad hom. I told the f@@@er I'm 63 and even I know the Doge meme was stale af more than 5 years ago.

50 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

I'm arguing with some Metokur fanboy on YT and he's going round in circles. I've already nailed him on straw man, ad hominem, straight out lying and ALL CAPS. Then the moron replied and threw in a Doge meme as part of another ad hom. I told the f@@@er I'm 63 and even I know the Doge meme was stale af more than 5 years ago.

Just tell him "all of your base are belong to us"

Then he'll know you're up with the latest memes. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

Just tell him "all of your base are belong to us"

Then he'll know you're up with the latest memes. 

Sly. Good thing I checked that one before I used it.. Actually he came back and claimed he was being ironic. The go-to defence of the loser. I hope that guy doesn't find out that I regularly use Doge memes in the NRL Match Threads.

1vk1tg.jpg

Then there's my Half-Time one

1tng0s.jpg

and, the weather report

1tnfwa.jpg

File this under "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished."

Electric cars will destroy Australia's roads. Such a high proportion of Australia's road building and maintenance budget comes from taxes and excise on fuel that by 2050, the predominance of electric cars will mean that our roads will all fall apart and there'll be no money to fix them.

but, but, won't we have them flying cars by then?

57 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

my cars diesel, its staying diesel until the day these electric car loons come and take the keys off me

Until I can drive to the south of France in a day and being able to recharge my vehicle in the same time it takes to fill up wi diesel, I'll stick with the 60/gallon qashqai.

#hydrogencelltechnology

Angle of the dangle. I like this phrase

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I think I found the duck motherlode of the internet. Twitch TV. I tried to sign up using Farmduck as user name. No, they already have farmduck, farm_duck, Faarmduck and Ffarmduck. So I tried Anas Platyrhynchos (which we all know is the scientific name of the common Mallard). Well, apparently lots of people really do already know that, including Twitch users Anasplatyrhynchos, Anas_platyrhynchos and Anasplatyrhynchos_gaming.

This means that my spiritual internet home may have been sitting out there all this time and I didn't know.  I'll go back and try Anas superciliosa, the Pacific Black Duck.

• Like 1