The TV Thread

2 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Last night I was watching the Crime Channel on Sky.

It was a programme called " Killer in my village" Both my wife and I shouted together " There's Sam !"

There was a screen scene of a lad walking his dog. It was our Grandson Sam and his dog Willow.

Erm, should you be admitting your grandson is a murderer? 🤔

Just joking mate, I know you meant the dog is the killer! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was watching Medieval Dead on Sky History and it said NEW . Now I knew it wasn’t new , I’ve seen it at least twice , and at the end it said 2013 . This happens a lot .... NEW when they obviously aren’t new . The other thing which is more and more prevalent , on main channels to , is bits n pieces of shows put together in another show and guess what , that’s NEW . Air crash  special report ... NEW series . Or bits of aircrash investigation repackaged . Fair bit of sleight of hand going on 

9 hours ago, DavidM said:

I was watching Medieval Dead on Sky History and it said NEW . Now I knew it wasn’t new , I’ve seen it at least twice , and at the end it said 2013 . This happens a lot .... NEW when they obviously aren’t new . The other thing which is more and more prevalent , on main channels to , is bits n pieces of shows put together in another show and guess what , that’s NEW . Air crash  special report ... NEW series . Or bits of aircrash investigation repackaged . Fair bit of sleight of hand going on 

I watched The Knight Of St Bees episode and remembered watching it several years ago as well.  I think when they say 'new', they are being a little misleading and mean 'new to this channel'.  

• Like 1

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

9 minutes ago, Exiled Townie said:

I watched The Knight Of St Bees episode and remembered watching it several years ago as well.  I think when they say 'new', they are being a little misleading and mean 'new to this channel'.  

New to this channel is certainly a common thing, I'll watch a show new to quest say but because that channel is affiliated to discovery it will be a show that was on that channel about 5 years ago.

David is right about the compilation thing as well. I was watching some episodes of Police Interceptors last year and it said they were new but I'd definitely seen bits of them. They'd clearly just cut and shut a few episodes together and repackaged them. 

14 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

New to this channel is certainly a common thing, I'll watch a show new to quest say but because that channel is affiliated to discovery it will be a show that was on that channel about 5 years ago.

David is right about the compilation thing as well. I was watching some episodes of Police Interceptors last year and it said they were new but I'd definitely seen bits of them. They'd clearly just cut and shut a few episodes together and repackaged them. 

MonsterQuest was NEW to Sky History 2 ... from 2008 !

This should please those of you living in the "Rhubarb Triangle",

I was watching Michael Potillo's Great British Railway Journeys this morning, and he was travelling between Leeds & Sheffield, stopping off at Batley, Dewsbury, Saltaire, and Wakefield, and on his journey he visited the Rhubarb farms of a Mrs. Oldroyd, and visited the forcing sheds that she has, I then turned over to ITV where James Martin was 'cooking' on "This Morning" with Rhubarb from a certain farm run by E. Oldroyd & Sons who do online delivery.

Personally I can't stand the stuff, but it was an amazing coincidence, don't you think?

Repeats of Pointless sometimes have a poignancy; one of the competitors on today's episode was a young guy from Warrington, who wanted to spend his jackpot on following his team to Toronto to see them play the Wolfpack.

Having said that, he and his team partner didn't have a clue in the final, based on Motown songs. But at least he got the trophy to take home. That's something for a Warrington lad.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I know there are some folk on here who like their WW2 history - this series is currently on the iPlayer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000p9tc/berlin-1945 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 17/01/2021 at 17:57, Futtocks said:

I know there are some folk on here who like their WW2 history - this series is currently on the iPlayer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000p9tc/berlin-1945 

Just watched a documentary yesterday on the History Channel - Camp X: Secret Agent School - about how during WW2 the British SOE set up training camps in Canada to train American OSS agents before the US entered the war.  The programmes producer was looking at a very recently declassified wartime SOE training document that referred to  searching prisoners. It said -

Searching Prisoners

1. Kill the prisoner

2. Search him.

3. If you need to keep him alive, beat him with a pistol or rifle butt or your boots.  When unconscious, search him.

Not very sporting, what !!!

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

I have had a post removed.

On this mornings BBC Breakfast, they were interviewing 2x GP's about the Coronavirus Vaccinations, one was in Beverley, one was in Horsham, in the background of the Horsham GP's Surgery was an eye-test chart, and on the 4th level was 4 letters, H O A X in that order, was this a coincidence, and why was my original post removed?

At moment our focus is on the lighter the better, I can't imagine why? And we are flitting between Sky, Prime & Netflix in search of as many untroubling things as we can find.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 minutes ago, Oxford said:

At moment our focus is on the lighter the better, I can't imagine why? And we are flitting between Sky, Prime & Netflix in search of as many untroubling things as we can find.

am ready for putting my boot through the telly- sat watching all this netflix - sky - prime etc is not for me (it never has been), need to be out gigs, pubs, partys, mates etc - i cant let the tv be my "window to the world" so for now its off to bed to listen to last saturdays broadcast of "hotrod saturday night" on screaming dead radio and then dream of better times ahead 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Wandavision on disney plus from marvel is a brilliant take on 60s sitcoms filmed at first in black and white and in narrow screen as if watching an old series, with each episode around 30 mins is well worth a watch.

• Like 1

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

2 hours ago, my missus said:

Wandavision on disney plus from marvel is a brilliant take on 60s sitcoms filmed at first in black and white and in narrow screen as if watching an old series, with each episode around 30 mins is well worth a watch.

A few unexpected hours off so we watched this a couple of nights ago. Strange, confusing, disjointed... and hurry up with more episodes!

• Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

7 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I think it was I love Lucy and Bewitched so far. What will the 70's bring? 

First one was Dick Van Dyke Show, they apparently even brought him in to consult on setup. 

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

15 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

am ready for putting my boot through the telly- sat watching all this netflix - sky - prime etc is not for me (it never has been), need to be out gigs, pubs, partys, mates etc - i cant let the tv be my "window to the world" so for now its off to bed to listen to last saturdays broadcast of "hotrod saturday night" on screaming dead radio and then dream of better times ahead 

I think that's as good an explanation of why Lockdown has proved as problematic as it has; I think the tele only becones your window on the World if you watch the news.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political