The TV Thread

6 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Just bought the complete boxset of Hamish Macbeth in a charity shop for a fiver. Not a show I've seen before but Mrs. Goose says she used to watch it, and I like Robert Carlyle so worth a watch.

Worth it for the wonderful scenery 👍

I'm a big music fan but, before last night's BBC2 Neil Diamond schedule, I didn't realise how great an artist he is.

Brian Johnson and Mark Knopfler have a new interview series on on Sky Arts. I watched two last night ... Tom Jones and Emmylou Harris.

Both really good shows and I'm going to have to suspend my 40-year hatred of Dire Straits. Mark Knopfler is really good on this show, so he's on probation!

Mind you, Tom let himself down when he took them to a Working Mens Club in South Wales and bought them each a pint of electric John Smiths.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

20 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Mind you, Tom let himself down when he took them to a Working Mens Club in South Wales and bought them each a pint of electric John Smiths.

Cannot believe even the CEO of John Smiths could bring him or herself to drink that muck .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'd have totally missed this, but for a mention on Twitter, but Channel 5 have a series called A very British Sex Scandal and the first episode was about Cecil Parkinson and Sara Keays.

I'm watching it on catch-up now and we've already had footage of broadcasters Brian Walden and John Cole, as well as insights from Matthew Parris, Neil Kinnock talking about the era but also Edwina Currie talking mainly about Edwina Currie. The latter flaw aside, it's a real time capsule and well made.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I'd have totally missed this, but for a mention on Twitter, but Channel 5 have a series called A very British Sex Scandal and the first episode was about Cecil Parkinson and Sara Keays.

I'm watching it on catch-up now and we've already had footage of broadcasters Brian Walden and John Cole, as well as insights from Matthew Parris, Neil Kinnock talking about the era but also Edwina Currie talking mainly about Edwina Currie. The latter flaw aside, it's a real time capsule and well made.

Theres been two so far which I have on record yet to watch 

• Thanks 1

Shardlake on Disney+. The lad playing John Barak is a scene stealer but it is all good.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

25 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Because Michael Portillo is on them. 

I would want to listen to hilarious puns and jokes 

not the best episode of inside no9  to kick off the new and last series - hope it gets better than that one

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 09/05/2024 at 18:04, graveyard johnny said:

not the best episode of inside no9  to kick off the new and last series - hope it gets better than that one

yes , like a Vic Wood script.

Posted (edited)

I have a very expensive experiential AI-driven TV. Using  a knowledge base informed by my "that's XX minutes of my life I'll never get back" and "one for  emetic fans" opinions, is intelligent enough to block

1. Inside No. 9

2. The freakshow that is the Eurovision "Song" Contest.

3. Anything to do with golf.

4. BBC Question Time

5. HIGNFY

6. Garry Liniker

7. Drag Race

8. Nigel Farridge

9. MasterChef

10. Inside the Factory.

11.Songs of Praise

12. Rugby union

13. QoS

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

6. Garry Liniker

:kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

I have a very expensive experiential AI-driven TV. Using  a knowledge base informed by my "that's XX minutes of my life I'll never get back" and "one for  emetic fans" opinions, is intelligent enough to block

1. Inside No. 9

4. BBC Question Time

5. HIGNFY

6. Garry Liniker

7. Drag Race

8. Nigel Farridge

9. MasterChef

10. Inside the Factory.

11.Songs of Praise

12. Rugby union

13. QoS

No 13 is a strange one, I wonder why Queen of the South.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

No 13 is a strange one, I wonder why Queen of the South.

😀 Me too. I mean, it's not as if it were East Fife or Forfar, fnarr fnarr. It's meant to indicate Question of Sport. 🤮🤮🤮

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

1. Inside No. 9

4. BBC Question Time

5. HIGNFY

6. Garry Liniker

7. Drag Race

8. Nigel Farridge

9. MasterChef

10. Inside the Factory.

11.Songs of Praise

12. Rugby union

13. QoS

Notably doesn't block Piers Morgan.

Understood.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

34 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Notably doesn't block Piers Morgan.

Understood.

Oh look mum, I caught one! 😀😀

Nowhere do I state my list is complete. 

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Oh look mum, I caught one! 😀😀

Nowhere do I state my list is complete. 

It's okay. Your Piers Morgan secret is safe with me.

On 16/04/2024 at 22:02, EggFace said:

Ohh what a shame ...reminds me of the excellent The Living and The Dead which was out on BBC back in 2016 and the stupid BBC  didn't give it a 2nd chance :9

Netfflix have confirmed there'll be at least one more season of 3 Body problem, they say they want to finish the story.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1