Jump to content

The TV Thread


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm a fully paid up member of the miserable b'stards society rugby league fan.... I know and accept that.

Die hard my fat ginger wobbly botty

Fixed that for you.

  • Haha 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I need more episodes of The League of Gentlemen. Three wasn't enough, but at least we now know who's taken over as the purveyor of "the special stuff".

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jacksy said:

Not TV but movie related. Star Wars TLJ is awful.

There's a lot of dullness in the first forty minutes but once it hits its stride I think it's not bad at all. Nowhere near as good as Rogue One but then no other SW film is either.

Little Ginger and Tiny Ginger both loved it. And, to be honest, it's clearly more for them than me.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jacksy said:

Not TV but movie related. Star Wars TLJ is awful.

I liked it.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

There's a lot of dullness in the first forty minutes but once it hits its stride I think it's not bad at all. Nowhere near as good as Rogue One but then no other SW film is either.

Little Ginger and Tiny Ginger both loved it. And, to be honest, it's clearly more for them than me.

I could hardly stay awake. I love Star Wars and all things sci fi/fantasy related.

However, this movie just didnt do anything for me. Maybe after Rogue One i was expecting something more.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I liked it.  

I tried BR to like it and i desperately wanted to. 

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I might be finally ditching Sky.  I mostly watch BBC, C4 etc.  Don't have movies or sports.  The main reason I kept Sky was for Game Of Thrones, and thats not back till 2019.

iPlayer + Netflix + Youtube + Amazon Prime should see me right.

Edited by Bedford Roughyed

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

There's a lot of dullness in the first forty minutes but once it hits its stride I think it's not bad at all. Nowhere near as good as Rogue One but then no other SW film is either.

The Empire Strikes Back is in my opinion the best of the franchise so far. Admittedly I have yet to see Revenge of the Sith but I'm confident it's as pants as parts 1 & 2 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back on track

Last night I started watching The Indian Detective on Netflix. Sadly the large portion of Toulouse Sausages and potatoes with 2 glasses of Rioja meant I will need to start again but what I was awake for looked quite entertaining.

Edited by Shadow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

The Empire Strikes Back is in my opinion the best of the franchise so far. Admittedly I have yet to see Revenge of the Sith but I'm confident it's as pants as parts 1 & 2 

Rogue One is an outstanding film, big plot flaws aside, and comfortably sits behind Empire Strikes Back.  Revenge of the Sith is good and is the best of the prequel trilogy by a long way.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ckn said:

Rogue One is an outstanding film, big plot flaws aside, and comfortably sits behind Empire Strikes Back.  Revenge of the Sith is good and is the best of the prequel trilogy by a long way.

Agreed Rogue and Empire are top of my list. Cannot watch the prequels and the newest additions are only a bit better.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone got around to watching Mindhunters yet? It is a marvellous series and i highly recommend it. I will also add that Vikings is well worth a watch too.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meanwhile BBC4 offered a double helping of the Two Ronnies. Nuff said.  But followed it with the history of Fairytale in New York.  With Kirsty.  very interesting. Shane McGowan was his usual obnoxious self, but Kirsty was wonderful as usual.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I need more episodes of The League of Gentlemen. Three wasn't enough, but at least we now know who's taken over as the purveyor of "the special stuff".

It was great to see the League of Gentlemen have still got it.

You never know with comebacks, but those three new episodes were absolutely spot on IMO.

.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, John Drake said:

It was great to see the League of Gentlemen have still got it.

You never know with comebacks, but those three new episodes were absolutely spot on IMO.

Needed 6 episodes not 3.  

  • Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Needed 6 episodes not 3.  

They've definitely left us wanting more though, rather than lamenting that they've run out of ideas.

It was a rare and beautiful thing to go on Twitter after each LoG episode this week and see it full of praise and appreciation for something good, rather than the usual cacophony of moaning. Tubbs would have loved it! ;)

.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Shadow said:

Back on track

Last night I started watching The Indian Detective on Netflix. Sadly the large portion of Toulouse Sausages and potatoes with 2 glasses of Rioja meant I will need to start again but what I was awake for looked quite entertaining.

We've just watched two episodes and it's quite entertaining, Death in Paradise style detective stuff with more humour.  It does help that the lead Indian actress is very easy on the eye...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2017 at 12:05 PM, Bedford Roughyed said:

Started watching 'The Good Place' on netflix.  Enjoying it so far.  

First series done.  Highly recommended. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...