Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bleep1673

Football

1 minute ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

...and UEFA will do nothing. If it was England fans however...

Too true! I can't help but feel that had the England players not gone back out for the 2nd half UEFAs hand may have been forced into some kind of meaningful action. The flip side of me says that meaningful action would probably have been to sanction England.......UEFA/FIFA are no more than a corrupt busted flush!

6 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

...and UEFA will do nothing. If it was England fans however...

Absolutely ... and guess what . You’ll be shocked to discover UEFA have charged Bulgaria ... and the English FA . The much reported vile behaviour for the former , and us for , err , interrupting the national anthem ( something you never see anywhere of course ) and , err , taking insufficient travelling stewards contrary to UEFA article 24

Turns out, there is crowd racism in the UK.  Who knew?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

What baffles me is that it just seems to be our players that are subjected to this abuse . France have just as many black players as us but do they not receive the same treatment , or does it not reach the British press ?

12 hours ago, ivans82 said:

What baffles me is that it just seems to be our players that are subjected to this abuse . France have just as many black players as us but do they not receive the same treatment , or does it not reach the British press ?

It doesn't reach the British press, I guess, but a quick Google brought this up: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/15/sports/soccer/france-soccer-racism.html

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

12 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Perhaps they just hate the Brits.........

21 hours ago, ivans82 said:

It doesn’t reach the British press.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Back to a more positive story.  

_20191025_051105.JPG

_20191025_051404.JPG

_20191025_051441.JPG

That's my team! 😀 

That is terrific, ❤️, and you won too.

Edited by Bleep1673

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

Here is a totally useless football fact. Well, it's totally useless if you're not a Swindon Town fan, which I suspect most of you aren't. 

Yesterday Eoin Doyle scored the 26th hat-trick, by a Swindon Town player away from home, since the war.

In that same period, only eight opposition players have scored hat-tricks at the County Ground. 

Since 1962/63, there have only been 3 hat-tricks scored, by opposition players, at the County Ground, whereas Town players have scored 19, on the road! 😀 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

On 25/10/2019 at 14:46, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Back to a more positive story.  

_20191025_051105.JPG

_20191025_051404.JPG

_20191025_051441.JPG

That's my team! 😀 

That’s a great gesture.

I remember a few years ago having a chat on Facebook with an old work colleague from Wakefield MDC.  He said his son was to be a mascot at a forthcoming Leeds United match and it cost something like £200 for the pleasure.  I was staggered that in this day of multi million pound tv deals that people actually paid for their kids to be a mascot.  I always thought parents put their kids name forward for free and names were drawn at random.

What a can of worms they opened up allowing first names on shirts . Load of rubbish that is , wait till all the England players want that and not just Dele Alli

On 27/10/2019 at 07:58, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Here is a totally useless football fact. Well, it's totally useless if you're not a Swindon Town fan, which I suspect most of you aren't. 

Yesterday Eoin Doyle scored the 26th hat-trick, by a Swindon Town player away from home, since the war.

In that same period, only eight opposition players have scored hat-tricks at the County Ground. 

Since 1962/63, there have only been 3 hat-tricks scored, by opposition players, at the County Ground, whereas Town players have scored 19, on the road! 😀 

Good to see him getting a few goals as he couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo at his parent club, Bradford City. Will we be seeing him back at VP in the new year? 

7 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

Will we be seeing him back at VP in the new year? 

I hope not! Us Town fans appreciate the Ginger Pele more than you Bantams do. 

_20191026_175350.JPG

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

UEFA crack down on Bulgaria (not)

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

subscription required

Don't think so. I don't have one but can see the article.

Four legs good - two legs bad

WOW! That must have been a great match last night, Liverpool 5 Arsenal 5, 'Pool win 5-4 on Pens

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

• Oxford United v Manchester City
  • Manchester United v Colchester United
  • Aston Villa v Liverpool
  • Everton v Leicester City

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

Good draw for Everton there . Oxford in the semis and Colchester in the final and a decent chance of winning the cup... on penalties 

Edited by DavidM
  • Haha 1

Good draw for Villa too, Liverpool are suggesting they may have to pull out as the 1/4's clash with the World Club Championships in Qatar, unless they can rearrange the tie.

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

Geez we talk about video refs in our sport but in football it’s a joke . They don’t seem to believe in the mantra of ‘ well at least you get it right ‘ . Just seen the most obvious penalty of all time and the video ref who I can only presume is Stevie Wonder says no penalty after seeing it hit the guys hand 25 times from every angle 

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Geez we talk about video refs in our sport but in football it’s a joke . They don’t seem to believe in the mantra of ‘ well at least you get it right ‘ . Just seen the most obvious penalty of all time and the video ref who I can only presume is Stevie Wonder says no penalty after seeing it hit the guys hand 25 times from every angle 

I'm sure you know this, but the handball rule has changed. It's not a case of "hits hand, penalty" ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)