Champions !

Leeds Rhinos, League Champions at last !

We have played everyone home and away and we finished top, and that makes us rightful League Champions.

Here's to the League and Cup Double.. roll on Friday night.

If only that was the case.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

We have played everyone home and away and we finished top, and that makes us rightful League Champions.

Congratulations to Leeds for topping the league, very well deserved and a top quality team.

Pity this means that you personally don't feel that you can watch the next stage of the season which I am really looking forward to but that is your right I guess.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

The price of a conscience is high.. and can be painful, but this money-making scam has been forced upon me, so I can either buy into it or say thanks, but no thanks, and I shall enjoy the rest of my life in other ways, until next Season comes around - bar the Cup of course !

Bloody rugby league, trying to make the sport vaguely sustainable! It disgusts me.

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Airedale Mike hates Rugby League's traditions :( Including, it seems, the involvement of money in the sport. "Money making scam"? I can guess which side of the divide this fella would have ended up on back in 1895. Some people spent 100 years telling us Rugby League in its entirety was a money making scam!

Show us the trophy, then.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh dear.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Well done Rhino's finishing top of table, Such a great side now over so many years & I won't be at all surprised if they take out every trophy on offer this season.

Scubby, was this the radio caller you quoted earlier?

RL fans just cant help themselves can they?

RL Champions hasnt been decided by playing everyone home and away for years and years.

I did not think the league leaders was given till after the super 8s? I thought whoever was top then was the winner of the league leaders shield.

this money-making scam has been forced upon me

As has been pointed out already, the play offs to decide the Champions of Rugby League in this country were introduced in 1908 so I assume you were an outraged 3 years old back then and now a fairly IT literate 110 year old releasing over a century of frustration and anger at this terrible system.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Wrong Airedale, a Championship table should consist of all teams playing their opposition on an equal number of times both home and away, the imbalance created by both the Magic Weekend and Summer Bash in all divisions must designate the competition for the team finishing top to be a League Leaders Trophy.

Whatever the supplementary next phase is called is irrespective, it is a completely different competition, personally I would give it the name it used to known as The Premiership Trophy, after all only the teams finishing in the four "Premier" positions in the qualifying process will be competing for it.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Whatever the supplementary next phase is called is irrespective, it is a completely different competition,

no, it isnt, and you cant just declare that to be the case.

A competition can be structured however the organisers want it to be.

no, it isnt, and you cant just declare that to be the case.

A competition can be structured however the organisers want it to be.

Dave, please explain your reasoning.

For me, if we initially had 12 teams competing up to a cut-off point, then 4 are put into a division against different teams, and the remaining 8 then proceed to juggle their position in another 7 game "divisional format" to eject the bottom 4 for the right to play for another trophy.

Structure how they will, for me in answer to the OP is it can not be termed as The Championship.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

wheres your trophy...what about magic? #troll!

Dave, please explain your reasoning.

For me, if we initially had 12 teams competing up to a cut-off point, then 4 are put into a division against different teams, and the remaining 8 then proceed to juggle their position in another 7 game "divisional format" to eject the bottom 4 for the right to play for another trophy.

Structure how they will, for me in answer to the OP is it can not be termed as The Championship.

the bottom 4 aren't playing for a trophy!!!

Look at cricket 20/20 they have mini leagues of three followed by a league of 8 who all play each other followed by the semis from the top 4.

But unlike RL there aren't numpties going around professing that the country finishing top of the super 8s are world champions and that the world cup final is some sort of premiership nonsense!

Why does RL seem to have a larger proportion of crack pots then any other sport?!?!

I mean come on!

Archived