New signings for Salford

Thanks.  Hopefully well thought out signings with a nice mix of solidity and hopefully a sprinkling of glamour and class as well.

You mean Phil Joseph isn't glamourous enough. 

People called Romans they go the house

Salford have obviously found it difficult to forge a united squad out of such a 'problematic' group of players, and they brought in the vastly experienced Tim Sheens to show them that the way to deal with such players is to make them someone else's problem. The players they've brought in seem to reflect this need for some form of stability, and, significantly, many of them will be familiar to the coaching staff, as they've worked with (or played alongside) them before.

Of the players leaving, Cory Paterson and Rangi have been fantastic to watch, particularly Rangi, but Cory has become worryingly injury prone, while Rangi's 'uniqueness' is well known. As a result, these two should be relatively easy to replace. The difficult ones will be Scott Taylor and Lama Tasi, and it remains to be seen whether their replacements are up to the same standard.

As for the players promoted from the academy, their main positions are:

Matthew Wilkinson - hooker
Liam Bent - prop
Josh Bibby - centre
Ryan Lannon - second row
Josh Wood - half back.

The last three have already played in the first team, particularly Ryan Lannon, who's played three or four times. He's some relation of Gareth Hock's, but don't be afraid. It's not entirely out of the question that he'll be one of Salford's first choice second rowers next year.

Those players look like a bunch of cast offs, if Phil Joseph and Olsi Krasniqi are your star signings your in trouble.

Krasniqi has done well during his trial period, and is probably a better option than some of the supposed 'star' players he'll be replacing. Phil Joseph is an odd one, but Ian Watson has coached and played alongside him, so I guess Phil is his signing. One Widnes fan on RLFans said that Phil isn't particularly effective and tends to give away a lot of penalties. If this is true, and Salford can instill in him the ability to lose the ball early in the tackle count, then he'll be a direct one-for-one replacement for Mozzer.

Phil's main value, though, may be as a lure in Salford's apparent attempts to sign Joel Monaghan. It might seal the deal if they can tell him there's a boxer at the club.

you are welcome to philjoe marwan hahahahhahahaha

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

It might seal the deal if they can tell him there's a boxer at the club.

Finishing the season on your usual high,I see. ;)

you are welcome to philjoe marwan hahahahhahahaha

I noticed he had been released before your home defeat to Salford.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Phil Joseph is an honest player but he is probably over 30 by now and the only reason I can think salford have signed him is that he is a great trainer

I've already herd rumours that salford have both luke and Sam burgess lined up and that burgess is being offered £800,000 a year

If I was marwan I'd go with a mix of top class ex league talent like a Kyle eastmond and Sam burgess alongside youngsters like Ryan Hampshire, Andre saveillo, mark Percival etc. if of course they were available and could fit into salfords salary cap.

I'm not sure whether anyone else has postulated this scenario.

It's halfway through the 2016 season:

- Hansen, Chase, Patterson and Hock have gone to Leigh, who are comfortably top of the championship. It will finish comfortably in the top four teams that qualify for the promotional playoffs.

- Salford are not in the top 8 of the Superleague table. There is a danger of them finishing in the bottom four that must fight for their lives in the promotional playoffs.

- Salford sign Hansen, Chase, Patterson and Hock on loan from Leigh.

- Ten weeks later, Salford are comfortably in the top 8 of the Superleague table with only two games to play. Superleague status is preserved.

- Hansen, Chase, Patterson and Hock return to Leigh, where they are eligible to turn out in the promotional playoffs. Leigh get promoted.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Archived