NZ series ticket sales latest news

Scubby

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news! Lets hope those numbers continue to grow.

The international window at the end of the season is my favourite part of the season. There is nothing better than seeing international sides playing against each other; the best players in the world competing on the biggest stage. I am particularly looking forward to the Olympic Stadium game with my merry-band of 80 from Kings Lynn RL club cheering on the mighty England (there are about 15 Kiwis in the group so should be very banterous!).

#comeonenglandrl

Come on Yarksher ferrk, get 'Ull sold out.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Good news! Lets hope those numbers continue to grow.

The international window at the end of the season is my favourite part of the season. There is nothing better than seeing international sides playing against each other; the best players in the world competing on the biggest stage. I am particularly looking forward to the Olympic Stadium game with my merry-band of 80 from Kings Lynn RL club cheering on the mighty England (there are about 15 Kiwis in the group so should be very banterous!).

#comeonengland

40k gives this game a genuine chance of selling out. I hope that is the case as the players deserve a big stage.

40k gives this game a genuine chance of selling out. I hope that is the case as the players deserve a big stage.

They absolute deserve it. It is these big games in front of big crowds live on the BBC (UK-anyway) that will enable the game to generate real commerical interest/financial growth to invest across the game AND importantly enable the game to retain its key playing strength. It'll also go along way to developing the image and player pathway for the game.

They absolute deserve it. It is these big games in front of big crowds live on the BBC (UK-anyway) that will enable the game to generate real commerical interest/financial growth to invest across the game AND importantly enable the game to retain its key playing strength. It'll also go along way to developing the image and player pathway for the game.

I think the RFL sold the other two games short - maybe in the belief that the London game would be mostly northerners travelling south. This is not the case. If Wigan sells out next week and it is 1-1 then we have lost potentially another 20k+ fans who would have wanted to go to the game.

Would 30k (worse case scenario) at the Etihad have been that bad? 50k would have been awesome.

Hope the RFL have reached out to a number of the large companies taking residency nearby in the Olympic Park. Great opportunity to generate interest in potential new partners.

Still time to do it if they haven't yet!

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I think the RFL sold the other two games short - maybe in the belief that the London game would be mostly northerners travelling south. This is not the case. If Wigan sells out next week and it is 1-1 then we have lost potentially another 20k+ fans who would have wanted to go to the game.

Would 30k (worse case scenario) at the Etihad have been that bad? 50k would have been awesome.

Just a personal viewpoint but I'd have taken a game to Bramall Lane. It is a RL development area, supports the Eagles at times and has a 30k+ (32k I think) capacity. It is also very close for the traditional fanbase to attend as well as neutrals in the South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire area who I have no doubt would attend if targetted through promotion.

I'd have hoped the RFL have learned that the London-based games (in my experience) attract far more southerners than the traditional fanbase...

International rugby league- a regional game for Southerners, that is most well attended when played within the confines of the M25 motorway (or failing that,places like Cardiff and Bristol). Though I am led to believe it might also be played in the North of England as well.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

The world cup semi at Wembley was an all time great, only GB beating the aussies at Wigan runs it close, they should be using that game to help flog tickets. Twitter was awash with people saying "put that game on....NOW".

Dad and myself are treating each other to corporate at Wigan, I presume it means we'll get a knife and fork for the pie

International rugby league- a regional game for Southerners, that is most well attended when played within the confines of the M25 motorway (or failing that,places like Cardiff and Bristol). Though I am led to believe it might also be played in the North of England as well.

Na, us chippy Northerns aren't the backbone of Rugby League. The whole game would collapse if it weren't for the mighty Bristol RL fanatics.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

I think the RFL sold the other two games short - be in the belief that the London game would be mostly northerners travelling south. This is not the case. If Wigan sells out next week and it is 1-1 then we have lost potentially another 20k+ fans who would have wanted to go to the game.

apart from Bradford these are the biggest 2 rl stadiums (hudds as well of course) it makes sense to keep the money generated in the game and in the areas of the game...I am obv concluding that hull and wigan are getting some benefit.

I think this approach is the way to go... also sell outs weeks before leaves people disappointed and rightly so if they are waiting around to buy tickets! early sell outs will help future ticket sales!

it makes sense to keep the money generated in the game and in the areas of the game...I am obv concluding that hull and wigan are getting some benefit.

How much do Wigan and Hull RL make from the stadiums hosting the games? Both owned independently i'm led to believe?

Interesting that whenever the RFL have dared to dream big with it's stadium selection in recent years, the fans have responded. Obviously I've no idea what the stadium rental costs are and therefore how much money the RFL actually make e.g. they might make more money from 25k at Wigan than 60k at Wembley. If this wasn't true though, then they really do need to believe and the product more.

apart from Bradford these are the biggest 2 rl stadiums (hudds as well of course) it makes sense to keep the money generated in the game and in the areas of the game...I am obv concluding that hull and wigan are getting some benefit.

I think this approach is the way to go... also sell outs weeks before leaves people disappointed and rightly so if they are waiting around to buy tickets! early sell outs will help future ticket sales!

I can't see Hull FC benefitting. The KC is run by a council appointed, Hull City owned, Stadium Management Company.

rldfsignature.jpg

Careful Scubby. You don't want to overuse the sell out expression or the sell out police will get you.

To be honest if this cracks 50k it will be brilliant. However, if all the seats are sold it could be iconic - small difference but has a big legacy potential.

To be honest if this cracks 50k it will be brilliant. However, if all the seats are sold it could be iconic - small difference but has a big legacy potential.

If they aren't, I'll happily spend the Fri afternoon/Sat morning covering those empty seats with black tarpaulin so TV viewers can't see them...

Back in 2011 we played the big double header at Wembley and got 42k. Beating that obviously shows progress, especially as that was against Australia.

That year with a week to go, Dickie Lewis announced that we'd sold 34k tickets, so another 25% were sold in the final week. If we repeated that this time we'd be looking at 50k which would be an amazing figure I think. 

Back in 2011 we played the big double header at Wembley and got 42k. Beating that obviously shows progress, especially as that was against Australia.

That year with a week to go, Dickie Lewis announced that we'd sold 34k tickets, so another 25% were sold in the final week. If we repeated that this time we'd be looking at 50k which would be an amazing figure I think.

Just as an aside, the record crowd for any New Zealand tour match is 42k. For all the doom and gloom we will almost certainly beat this as I've demonstrated above.

Of course we played at Wembley a couple of years ago and got 67k but a) this was a semi-final where many will have been sold before the opponents were known and b ) it was a double header.

For an advertised Eng/GB vs NZ game, this will almost certainly be a record. If we break 50k, the whole series will stand a good chance as well.

Archived