NZ series ticket sales latest news

Scubby

Breaking news. I've just bought two tickets for the Wigan game. Might even travel there on a bus.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 70k for the semis was a wonderful crowd, as many leaguies will have chosen other games to watch. It was a bigger acheivement than the - still superb effort - sold out final.

I think that, as a sport, we are in the early stages of getting our act together internationally - for lots of reasons, such as the democratic effect of social media and the internet, the multi team World Cup (step forward M Lindsey as the brain child of that) and patient growth in the post life ban world. I have no doubt that 2017 will be a watershed tournament for the game.

We are lucky to be living in this era for the sport.

Great figures for the ticket sales so far, I'm slightly concerned that on the website tho the entire upper tier on one side of the Olympic stadium is not available along with two largish sections on the lower deck tho. I guess some of the lower seats will be corporate but from that plan there can't be more than 40k available which makes me slightly dubious with claims they've already sold that many

I know this comes from the Bleedin' Obvious department but: Is the RFL going to advertise tickets for the Olympic Park game during the kick'n'clap World Cup final?

They would have to do it by ambush.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

They would have to do it by ambush.

Yes they would, and if we did try ambush marketing we'd better placed doing it at the 3rd/4th place game which is at Olympic Park isn't it?

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Great figures for the ticket sales so far, I'm slightly concerned that on the website tho the entire upper tier on one side of the Olympic stadium is not available along with two largish sections on the lower deck tho. I guess some of the lower seats will be corporate but from that plan there can't be more than 40k available which makes me slightly dubious with claims they've already sold that many

the lower tier is sold out.

I know this comes from the Bleedin' Obvious department but: Is the RFL going to advertise tickets for the Olympic Park game during the kick'n'clap World Cup final?

why would we spwnd a bomb advertising there when the results wouldnt necessarily support that. It isnt stating the obvious at all.

I have no doubt that 2017 will be a watershed tournament for the game.

I genuinely hope that you are right and the Kiwi and AU public respond to the competition in the way that other sports like soccer have seen recently. I will be attending as many games as physically possible and with the strength of the UK  quid at the moment against the NZ/AU dollar, hopefully the venues and and fixtures can be confirmed quickly giving UK based RL fans the chance to get in early before things get to pricey!

why would we spwnd a bomb advertising there when the results wouldnt necessarily support that. It isnt stating the obvious at all.

Exactly, some people seem to think that the RFL have an unlimited advertising budget but don't know how to spend it.

It's like they think that people more qualified than themselves have never considered that a national ad campaign or a series of TV adverts would boost sales.

why would we spend a bomb advertising there when the results wouldn't necessarily support that. It isn't stating the obvious at all.

I agree with that, and that has always applied to the SL club marketing departments who always come in for stick on the idea that they are just dumb. We had that debate not so long ago on the basis that crowds were dropping and all it needed was the marketing departments to shape up. Pleased you've seen the light there......

. I am particularly looking forward to the Olympic Stadium game with my merry-band of 80 from Kings Lynn RL club cheering on the mighty England (there are about 15 Kiwis in the group so should be very banterous!).

#comeonenglandrl

Well done. That's the spirit. Enjoy your day. Me and the Mrs are going to Wigan.

I agree with that, and that has always applied to the SL club marketing departments who always come in for stick on the idea that they are just dumb. We had that debate not so long ago on the basis that crowds were dropping and all it needed was the marketing departments to shape up. Pleased you've seen the light there......

Marketing is such a vague fix-all term that people using it can sound like the answers when in fact they have none.

If we get 50k+ then they've almost certainly done the right amount of advertising and marketing. Any more would have come out of profits from the game.

The RFL could target the last union game and the union world cup final, but this would have needed to have been planned ages ago.. Planning in advance isn't an RFL strong point we know that.

It would have made sense to do something around the Olympic park/Westfield in the preceding months also, but again.. planning.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Yes they would, and if we did try ambush marketing we'd better placed doing it at the 3rd/4th place game which is at Olympic Park isn't it?

What about on pitch advertising and advertising boards around the pitch during the first test? They would be advertising to a captive audience

The RFL could target the last union game and the union world cup final, but this would have needed to have been planned ages ago.. Planning in advance isn't an RFL strong point we know that.

It would have made sense to do something around the Olympic park/Westfield in the preceding months also, but again.. planning.

No. Money...

What about on pitch advertising and advertising boards around the pitch during the first test? They would be advertising to a captive audience

they have had adverts for this series at recent rfl staged games, including the grand final. The first test is one big advert, expect the sales telephone number to be present on boardings and mentioned on the bbc. If the first test is a cracker it should help the second massively. Its a shame its on BBC2 on a Sunday evening tbh.

they have had adverts for this series at recent rfl staged games, including the grand final. The first test is one big advert, expect the sales telephone number to be present on boardings and mentioned on the bbc. If the first test is a cracker it should help the second massively. Its a shame its on BBC2 on a Sunday evening tbh.

I think Sunday evening is a pretty good slot, especially on the beeb. Good point about the first test being an advert, hoping the second test sells off the back if it next week.

I think Sunday evening is a pretty good slot, especially on the beeb. Good point about the first test being an advert, hoping the second test sells off the back if it next week.

I'm not an expert on this at all, but my assumption would be that the 2.30pm slot on BBC1 next week is better than this slot - but happy to be wrong on this!

It looks like the RFL have gone down the road of minimum advertising-maxium profit. This is a gamble that looks like its paid off this time with possible full houses?

They appear to have not paid for any agency to promote the games, which costs a lot of money.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

It looks like the RFL have gone down the road of minimum advertising-maxium profit. This is a gamble that looks like its paid off this time with possible full houses?

They appear to have not paid for any agency to promote the games, which costs a lot of money.

A dangerous game to play tbh, especially for the OP game in London. There's been next to zero promotion up here in the north, don't know about down in London, so I think the vast array and availability of social media is helping to sell this series. The Burgess saga has also put our game to the forefront for other reasons

Better we have slightly smaller grounds that sell out than have empty seats. We had 60k at RLWC SF at Wembley and our numerous detractors really focused on those empty seats. TV audiences have been used to packed out stadia, many the same size as Hull and Wigan the last month and a half at the union World Cup. We needed to match that, and it's right that enohasis should have been on the Olympic stadium as we need the national profile.

Strategy for this year seems to have worked, and on to bigger and better next year. Onwards and upwards rugby league! Now we just need a series win!!

Archived