• England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to Saturday now! The wife and I are on the train from Arlesey but meeting the hordes from Kings Lynn at the stadium. We are all in block 216 and mixed with a few Kiwis (Reg Dunn; ex-Whitehaven is the coach) and plenty of Lithuanians in the party too. Should be a cracking day out for the club and really looking forward to the match.

In terms of the match, I think it will be really close but having seen last night, I think there is a grit and determination in this English side and I'll think we'll pip them about 1-6 points. We desperately need to win this game, not for the Series, but to showcase a winning England side to all those casual fans attending in London for the first time in a very long time. Is it 1995 the last time we won a game in London? Fingers crossed for this Saturday!

Come on England!

NZ will need to play hard and fast through the middle, with lots of offloads, like they started the first test. Sustaining it for 80 minutes, without halves who can take control, will be their problem. I think England have plenty of improvement in them, so expect them to win again. Should be a cracking game.

Now I am excited!!!!

Booked my flight, hotel and train.

Got my tickets, excited reading about the Fan Park.

This is what Test Rugby League is all about!

Got my tickets through the Skolars so no details about the Fan Park and I've not turned any other details up yet.

Can someone post more info on here.

Won by 14..i was't far away lol

I saw your panicky comments when it was all going belly up! We've come a long way since the dark days. Very composed side now and loved the way players like Hill and Hall stood up when they were on top.

Camp culture is helping massively. I think the reason Matty Smith was kept in the squad (even when it was unlikely he would play) is evidence of this evolving culture. Hopefully he will be binned for next year though lol.

Smith was perhaps a safety blanket/net in case Williams froze.

We look like a team these days that trusts itself and within which the players trust each other.

The kiwis will always have purple patches, but we need and showed the resilience to back ourselves and that if we did so it would come good.
The way we closed out the game was very impressive indeed.

Got my tickets through the Skolars so no details about the Fan Park and I've not turned any other details up yet.

Can someone post more info on here.

open from 11am, closes at 6pm

Usual fanzone, with bars and food.

London broncos there too.

Think its outside the ground

If we win this series will we got to number one team in the World?

NZ won the last 3 against Australia after losing the previous 10 and they became number one

We have won 6 from our last 10 games, would 8 from 12 get us there?

The Aussies have only won 9 from the last 12

Kiwis 9 from 12

How are the rankings weighted?

I have never understood how it works.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

I'm driving down early on Saturday morning. Does anyone have any ideas where the best olace to park would be?

If you are driving from the north park up at a tube station and go from there. I've used Tottenham Hale or Brent Cross right at the bottom of the M1. But do check, restrictions change all the time and I've not done it for a few years.

I'm sure someone on here posted that Australia drop to 3rd if England win the series 3-0.

Presumably that means NZ still number one?

That is a big move in just three games.

(2) rankup.png New Zealand 949.00 2 (1) rankdwn.png Australia 941.00 3 (3) England 485.00

If it is based on the last Four years I can not understand how NZ have overtaken the Aussies?

It says that the bigger the tournament the more the bias compared to one off Tests.

http://www.rlif.com/rankings

• The result of the match i.e. win, lose or draw
  • The margin of victory (or defeat)
  • The relative strength of opposition faced
  • The date of the match – more recent matches are weighted more heavily
  • The importance of the match e.g. a World Cup match is given greater weighting than a standalone international.

The points are then used to create the Official World Rankings by ordering the teams by virtue of the points gained over the five season period.

That is a big move in just three games.

1 (2) rankup.png New Zealand 949.00 2 (1) rankdwn.png Australia 941.00 3 (3) England 485.00

If it is based on the last Four years I can not understand how NZ have overtaken the Aussies?

It says that the bigger the tournament the more the bias compared to one off Tests.

http://www.rlif.com/rankings

• The result of the match i.e. win, lose or draw
  • The margin of victory (or defeat)
  • The relative strength of opposition faced
  • The date of the match – more recent matches are weighted more heavily
  • The importance of the match e.g. a World Cup match is given greater weighting than a standalone international.

The points are then used to create the Official World Rankings by ordering the teams by virtue of the points gained over the five season period.

Maybe I just got confused with this...

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php/topic/277067-england-win-australia-should-be-third-says-widdop/?fromsearch=1

Not sure what Widdop is basing that on.

In the last five years between Australia and NZ the points per game is 23 >14 to Australia

The recent game weighting must be pretty big it seems.

In the last five years between Australia and NZ the points per game is 23 >14 to Australia

The weighting for recent tests is heavier so the fact the Aussies have barely played this year will also have a big effect.

But the last 3 wins for NZ over Aus were 30-12, 22-20 and 26-12 (all in last 12 months). Two with decent margins (12+) and 3 consecutive wins in total over No.1 ranked nation.

Again, I won't lock in my prediction until I see the squads but fundementally I think England have more improvement in them than the Kiwis. I expect an English win.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived