Burgess leaves Bath

The BBC have just announced on Twitter that Sam Burgess has left Bath with immediate effect.  Last I read they were demanding a massive transfer fee for him so something must have been sorted.

Hmm.

I wonder where he will pop up next?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BBC have just announced on Twitter that Sam Burgess has left Bath with immediate effect.  Last I read they were demanding a massive transfer fee for him so something must have been sorted.

Hmm.

I wonder where he will pop up next?

Hopefully at the Olympic stadium so we can shift the few remaining unsold tickets and drum up a bit of media interest.

Welcome back Sam, all is forgiven

Nothing to forgive in my opinion. Just a world class athlete who fancied a new challenge on the wether we like it or not big stage on international RU.

I love that family! :)

Welcome home, and we'll say no more about it.

(If he had to leave us, I guess having a miserable time and being hounded out is about the best TGG could hope for (though personally v harsh on him, regrettably) - maybe that will decourager les autres, as they say in Leigh.)

Wouldn't it be great for him to be welcomed back onto the pitch on Saturday? Ceremonial not playing obviously.

Yep. Just get him to send a few tweets out about he'll be at the game on Saturday and let the media run with it from there :-)

May fancy a try of wendyball with a premier club. They pay well apparently

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Strange how this morning Bruce Craig was quoted on the Sky sports app as saying Sam hasn't asked to leave, nobody has come in for Sam, Sam see's himself in the back row and Bath were even looking to extend Sam's contract. I'm glad Burgess has seen sense now anyway although I'd have liked to have seen him in Super League for a year before going back to the NRL.

@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

Thought Burgess was seeing out his contract at Bath - didn't realise it only had two days to run!

Welcome back Sam!

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Archived