12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Draw
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having watched the tackle back - I think it's very harsh calling Ah Van a thug. It was a hard tackle yes - but deliberate thuggery I think not -

Yes the video shows a hard but fair tackle. Video also shows the referee and touch judge do not intervene initially after the tackle.  It is only when the Wakefield player runs in that they become involved.

The initial contact is good but he lifts him, takes him beyond the horizontal, twists and then drives him downward into the ground head and neck first!

So sorry if you disagree but it's thuggery!

Thank goodness Gibson put his arm out.  Although he suffered a major dislocation of his shoulder resulting in a reported 4 month's layoff it could have been a serious neck injury.

These nothing tackles eh?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

The biggest issue I had with Cobb was immediately before the two brawls he waved the play on implying no wrong doing. Then players ran in and decides actually there was an infringement - better decision making immediately could have stopped the brawls from occurring in the first place

Don't the players have any responsibility for what happens...  the ref trying to do what every, well lots of fans and commentators demand to keep game flowing... I guess forlornly hoping that the players will also...

I mean next time a team is under severe pressure... lt's start a brawl, get the game stopped,  stop the likely try... or do a high shot in last 10, get a penalty against your team, but enables team to get into defensive position and stop the likely try....

simple isn't it...

Don't the players have any responsibility for what happens... the ref trying to do what every, well lots of fans and commentators demand to keep game flowing... I guess forlornly hoping that the players will also...

I mean next time a team is under severe pressure... lt's start a brawl, get the game stopped, stop the likely try... or do a high shot in last 10, get a penalty against your team, but enables team to get into defensive position and stop the likely try....

simple isn't it...

Players have ultimate responsibility in everything. However ref has the power to take the sting out of situations. In these two flashpoints I think he failed

Gibson accelerates into the Ah van tackle.

Ah van hit him perfectly with a shoulder in the midriff which stopped in dead in his tracks.

It was Gibsons own momentum that ended up putting him in a dangerous position as his upper body went back and his legs came off the floor.

No doubt he ended up in a dangerous position and it didn't look good but this was not an intentional lift up and dump spear tackle.

As regards Cobb's performance, it was up there with the worst I've witnessed.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Players have ultimate responsibility in everything. However ref has the power to take the sting out of situations. In these two flashpoints I think he failed

You could be right... for me refs don't send off enough players... that way brawls or punch ups diminish.  We still seem to accept it as part and parcel of the tough game. It ain't, it goes against all that is taught from the earliest age....  Too much acceptance and keep game flowing scenarios, which ultimately means players and coaches trying to take advantage... 

Accidents happen or unintended consequences are the outcome.... some are more likely to happen based upon the actions or tackling... no player wants to injury another but sometimes the nature of action or tackle is more likely than another to cause an unintended injury.  That is the problem we seem to often prepared to accept... 

As regards Cobb's performance, it was up there with the worst I've witnessed.

Right up there with the standard set many years ago by Mick Naughton then?  ;)

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

I genuinely think of Mick Naughton as the 1st consistently iffy referee to come along. 

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Can't let this opportunity pass without mentioning Stan Wall.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

We were probably young and naive enough to believe all decisions by Clay, Lindop and Thomson were correct.  Hebblethwaite was the first I remember rocking the boat.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Can't let this opportunity pass without mentioning Stan Wall.

Or Max Wall as David Doyle-Davidson (probably unintentionally) used to refer to him as.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

only seen highlights of the game on super league show , but what i personally dislike is players running in after the event .this should not be tolerated and in most cases it muddies the water on what actually matters , i.e. the first offence .........i see it was once again mr.cobb in charge , a few of us on here got stick for the way he reffed and ruined the wigan/huddersfield game last week , think he needs a rest !

I see Scott Moore has been cited 3 times in one match. Is that a record?

I only saw two indidents. He ran in from 20 yards to kick off after Ah Van's tackle, even though the Ref & Touch Judge would have let play continue. Ah Van gets sin binned, but nothing for Moore.

He then took Ah Vans head off in retribution, and got sent off with Heremia for fighting in the ensuing melee...

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

I see Scott Moore has been cited 3 times in one match. Is that a record?

It's 4 now.  Is that a new record?

"Hooker Moore, who missed that tie after starting a two-match suspension for a high tackle in Wakefield's Super League win over Widnes 10 days earlier, has been charged with gouging Vikings half-back Aaron Heremaia.

Moore had to wait a week to discover his fate as the Rugby Football League conducted an investigation into the stormy match in which two players were sent off and three others sin-binned."

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-league/news/article/480/10276018/wakefield-forwards-andy-yates-and-scott-moore-facing-bans

Hearing for Moore delayed till next week as Wakefield have refused to bend over voluntarily and take another RFL shafting. Chairman stumping up for some legal assistance. Maybe friend Hudgell has stepped forward?

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Hearing for Moore delayed till next week as Wakefield have refused to bend over voluntarily and take another RFL shafting. Chairman stumping up for some legal assistance. Maybe fiend Hudgell has stepped forward?

Edited, etc, for Steve's benefit.

This thread's dragging on a bit ain't it?

Are there new factions of the WBC and WDL appearing on here, with a flexible "W"?

Seriously though, sounds like it was summat of an ill tempered affair. 

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

This thread's dragging on a bit ain't it?

Bit like the match review.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Archived