Rant thread

On 5/1/2017 at 0:44 PM, ckn said:

I didn't see them as sexually suggestive, just very inappropriate.

The Daily Mail agreed with you...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

6 hours ago, Farmduck said:

You know what grinds my gears? Man's boundless inhumanity towards ducks. Weird thing about this is that these are high quality Saxony ducks so it's unusual to see them homeless and living in a park.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-02/duck-with-knife-in-head-reports-reach-rspca/8491244

Fowl play suspected?

If that sodding pigeon sits on my satellite dish one more time then he's cat food once I catch him.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

2 hours ago, longboard said:

American ones?

Do they have a stiff tail?

Dunno, but apparently they look smart, swagger about the place and have sex with our British birds. It's WW2 all over again.

• Like 2

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 hour ago, Liverpool Rover said:

The road works on the East Lancs Road in Liverpool. They've been there holding up traffic for weeks and it doesn't look like they have done anything.

Not just there; every main route into the city, with the exception of Speke/Garston/Aigburth has had major works going on at some point or another for over a year now. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

People desperately flailing about, trying to invent reasons why Toronto's first home game was the worstest thing that has ever happened in the entire history of the universe... FACT! :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Firstly can apologise for any swearing , spelling and grammar, but I have to wait another 10 mins to unload my fury! ( So rant here)

06:02 was woken as my German Shepard went mad ( normally a quiet doggy) so got up to see what was the issue. It turned out to be a charity bag through the letter box! Thought to myself 6! Am pretty sure they are not allowed to start until 7 (bad enough) so threw on some clothes and decided to politely tell him (through pigeon English and pointing at watch he needed to wait until 7. He seemed to agree. ( The next 5 neighbours he was about to go to are all in their 70/80s and all widows  - in fact they all have moved in before I was born ( and I treat them all as my gran), so all seemed fine! 

I looked out and he had just carried on! So I put on shoes, got the (fierce looking) German Shepard on a lead and caught up with him and his partner.

Called the police on 111 and reported it, was told nothing to do with them.

So decided to stay, while they called their boss. (Confident that dog looked fierce, but is far from it (though if someone went for me ..)

A lad happened to be walking back from work and stopped. Told him what was happening, but I was fine. A white fan arrived with 4 more people who turned out to be Bulgarian and a stand off ensured while I again was son the phone to the police asking they come.

I spent 40 mins on the phone with a civilian call handler who was more interested in my address ( even though I was 3 streets away), never asked the Reg of the van, and tried to play some sort of TV show lawyer. 40 mins later, the Albians ( which I discovered) asked what I wanted  and I said to get out of this area and don't come back.

They then said ok, all got in their van and the Muppet from the police (who is still one the phone) , "ok so you don't need us anymore"

I just hung up, the lad who had stopped on his way home, volunteered to put his name and number in my phone.

Now, being the person I am I have discovered 3 illegal acts that the police are responsible to deal with an and this rant has filled my time until I can confirm something with Salford Council, which means they didn't bother with a fraud.

FInally. Why I have really seen my "bottom" is that it is supposed to be working for  a forces charity (forcessupport.org) who according to filings at the charity commission(2016) have raised £2.4m and spent £2.1m on pay and administration. Enough said ! Rant over and phone calls to make.

Rant update: when I got in touch with Salford Council they confirmed it was a criminal gang they had been trying to catch for months and had someone at my house within 30 minutes. In fact he arrived while I was still giving details to GMP and was able to speak to them directly and tell them they, by not knowing the law, had missed an opportunity to arrest a major fraud team. 

Despite me keeping them talking for 34 minutes while on the phone with a police call handler who dismissed the whole thing, refusing to send a police response they have now launched a man hunt!

So much for public being their eyes and ears. Eh?

Rant update 2. Salford Council guy has found them and they admitted under caution what they were doing, but claimed they thought it was Warrington. He is writing to charity commission to cancel  their charity number, police are now also involved for fraud and Border agency has been called to verify the claim that they are Bulgarian as they claimed.

Another fake military charity shut, Rant over!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kiyan said:

Plenty around.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

4 hours ago, kiyan said:

Rant update 2. Salford Council guy has found them and they admitted under caution what they were doing, but claimed they thought it was Warrington. He is writing to charity commission to cancel  their charity number, police are now also involved for fraud and Border agency has been called to verify the claim that they are Bulgarian as they claimed.

Well done. First prize for determination.

I'm surprised anyone from Salford (or any) council answered your phone call before 10am.

I tried ringing Hastings BC at 9am last week, and it was 1030 before someone grumpily answered the phone with a "Hello, Hastings Borough Council, waddya want?"