Rant thread

conor mcgregor I truly hate that punk and every word that comes out of his mouth , God willing Floyd Mayweather will put an end to this mouthy thug hopefully it will be a complete embarrassment , Seriously you couldn't believe how happy that would make me .

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ

People who walk through town reading a book or on their phone. I've stopped diving out of the way for them now - 2 phones down in a week. One day i'm going to drop the shoulder and smash them, stand over the top of them and scream play the ball son!

• Like 5

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Just now, MattSantos said:

People who escalate to very senior people that they've not received their precious liquidity data! Anger!

Utter joy when i find in my sent items that they received their data days ago. Utter joy.

On that, people who escalate everything as high as they possibly can regardless of how small the incident.

The worst I saw was at a law firm in 2011 where one lawyer complained, cc'ing in the global managing partner of the 40-nation law firm, about how it had taken IT two weeks to fix "his" laptop and he was having to use an identical loaner.  Apparently, the loaner was "used goods" and he wanted "his" laptop back.

The managing partner somehow didn't treat it as a priority beyond sending an email three down the chain saying "stop copying me into this".

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

24 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

People who walk through town reading a book or on their phone. I've stopped diving out of the way for them now - 2 phones down in a week. One day i'm going to drop the shoulder and smash them, stand over the top of them and scream play the ball son!

Make sure there are no buses with CCTV around...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

What has happened to the used car market that's causing people to ask idiot prices for cars?  In 2014, £5000 would get you a bloody good car but in 2017 used car traders are asking £5500 for a 9 year old VW Polo...  You can still get a decent car for £5000 but way down on the quality you'd expect even a couple of years ago.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

While they try their hardest to shoot themselves in both feet, Google is trialling a new AI to combat hate speech. Called Perspective, the AI is supposed to rate the potential "toxicity" of different words and sentences. It must be in its early stages because it has a site where you can type in anything you like and it will rate its toxicity. It gives some weird results:

Hitler - 80% toxic, but Jews - 71% toxic. I typed in my own name and scored 20% toxic.

"I have a dog" - 60% toxic

Try it out:  https://www.perspectiveapi.com/

Scroll down to Writing experiment.

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

While they try their hardest to shoot themselves in both feet, Google is trialling a new AI to combat hate speech. Called Perspective, the AI is supposed to rate the potential "toxicity" of different words and sentences. It must be in its early stages because it has a site where you can type in anything you like and it will rate its toxicity. It gives some weird results:

Hitler - 80% toxic, but Jews - 71% toxic. I typed in my own name and scored 20% toxic.

Ha, ha! They obviously don't know you like we do!:ph34r:;)

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

My name is 49% toxic

"Squirrels are always eating my nuts" is 77% toxic. 

I wonder what's the most toxic non offensive sentence. 

Well, the software is obviously flawed, because I typed "John Inverdale is worth his salary" and it only returned a 28% result.

For comparison, "Pol Pot was a great humanitarian" scored 19%.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I need to go to Peterborough today, I'm going by train.  Normally, a return costs around £40 for a peak time standard return.  Yesterday a freight train derailed on the route and the entire service has been cancelled for the next week or so meaning I have to go through London rather than direct.  Cost of my return ticket now: £187.  Greater Anglia's response?  Not their problem but I can wait for two hours and get an off-peak one for £77.40 if I want to save money.

It would be cheaper for me to get a taxi there and back.  Seriously, I did check.  Unfortunately I can't claim taxi fares back from the lot I'm going to and I have to be there by 11 meaning I have to take the more expensive journey.

Just for comparison, if I could delay until tomorrow, it would even be cheaper for me to buy a return ticket using advance tickets to Scotland and back.  In first class.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do bank holidays bring out the worst drivers who cause accidents that make rush hours seem like a traffic-less paradise?  We're supposed to be off to a friend's today and the normal 20 minute drive looks like 2+ hours due to three separate accidents covering the main route and only reasonable alternative. 

I hope no one was injured but, beyond that, FFS. 

10 minutes ago, ckn said:

Why do bank holidays bring out the worst drivers who cause accidents that make rush hours seem like a traffic-less paradise?  We're supposed to be off to a friend's today and the normal 20 minute drive looks like 2+ hours due to three separate accidents covering the main route and only reasonable alternative. 

I hope no one was injured but, beyond that, FFS. 

i wouldn't dream of going anywhere on a bank holiday.

39 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

There have been changes made to the forum layout.

30f.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

People who insist on walking into the road in front of moving traffic, because they can't be bothered to walk the 50 metres in either direction to a pedestrian crossing.

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

People.

Let's all admit it; the whole thread could really boil down to just "people".

Jean-Paul Sartre had it right.

Harrumph!

:ph34r:

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Free market economists. In response to price gouging in Houston after the hurricane, an economist wrote a piece for Forbes arguing that price gouging is just an example of the majesty of the market auto-correcting for unusual circumstances. Forbes pulled the article. I found the full text here:  https://aintnogod.com/ipb/topic/12542-forbes-publishes-pro-price-gouging-piece-then-pulls-it/

Documentary presenters who think the programme is all about them, and not the actual subject of the programme.

I call it Bettany Hughes Syndrome.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson