Match Thread. Dewsbury v Featherstone Rovers Sunday 22nd May 2016

Listening to Glen Morrison on Radio Leeds he suggested a Fev player had been put on report. Anone know anything?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dews tried so hard to slow it down and niggle throughout but we kept our heads for most of the time while Dews heads went ultimately

I know they are going to blame the ref but Dews were the architects of their own downfall for me with poor in game descisions throughout from poor generalplay to poor discipline to poor kicking

31-0 flatters them

I'll not blame ref for result you were far superior to us,but c'mon the ref was dire even Boz said same when I was talking to him after game. I'll leave it there because I don't want it to sound like sour grapes,good luck for rest of season

I'll not blame ref for result you were far superior to us,but c'mon the ref was dire even Boz said same when I was talking to him after game. I'll leave it there because I don't want it to sound like sour grapes,good luck for rest of season

I thought the referee didn't do to bad to be honest, think he'd have earned even more respect had he gave Crookes his marching orders for the dreadful tackle on Craven

Im Fev and im proud

He looked a bit iffy at the start Graham when the touch judges had to run on for high tackles. But I have to say that an experienced ref would have dismissed Crookes.Your ground looks fab anyway.

Listening to Glen Morrison on Radio Leeds he suggested a Fev player had been put on report. Anone know anything?

Suspected Chop tackle on the legs of Kyle Trout

Think it was the incident rather than a player put on report

Trout did not return so there might be some merit in the claim unfortuneatly

Suspected Chop tackle on the legs of Kyle Trout

Think it was the incident rather than a player put on report

Trout did not return so there might be some merit in the claim unfortuneatly

It was right in front me. Ref didn't seem to see anything but it looked like Trout asked the ref to put it on report. I'm certain it was accidental but we'll probably get a ban. Meanwhile Crookes gets away with GBH as he usually does and Craven may miss next week. Unbelievable.

Great display today again this team look really confident and play for each other Keep it up and hopefully get the the results next week

Are we still using the DR with Hunslet and has it been used yet because every player today deserves to play next week again

Very professional performance today as Dewsbury only had a couple of scoring chances due to our excellent defense.Crookes should have been red carded for his reckless high tackle on Craven who was out before he hit the turf.Thought the ref at times reacted to the crowd and i can understand why the Dewsbury fans thought they were at the wrong end of a few 50-50decisions.I tipped us for 5th place due to our small squad but now it is stronger we have a good chance of finishing in the top four,the lads deserve it for their team spirit and effort this season.Abdul seems to have settled in and i thought he had a very good game today,hope we can keep him a bit longer.Hull seem to have not picked up many injuries this season so lets hope he can remain with us as long as possible.

It was right in front me. Ref didn't seem to see anything but it looked like Trout asked the ref to put it on report. I'm certain it was accidental but we'll probably get a ban. Meanwhile Crookes gets away with GBH as he usually does and Craven may miss next week. Unbelievable.

Yeah from where we were standing there looked to be nothing at all in it, so any injury to Trout was wholly accidental. It'll be ironic (though typical Fev luck) if we do end up with a ban because of that incident, particularly given the way some of the Dewsbury players behaved throughout the game. Crookes is mental, that leaping stiff arm on Craven was a straight red any day of the week, and both the ref and touch judge had a clear view of it; looked like they just bottled the sending off.

Aside from all that, another extremely impressive and professional performance today, built on a superb defensive effort and organisation. It's quite something to nil Dews at home, hope we can give Halifax the same treatment next week.

Morrison wont have much to fix up before next week then, a different ref will do the trick

I thought the referee didn't do to bad to be honest, think he'd have earned even more respect had he gave Crookes his marching orders for the dreadful tackle on Craven

you would say he didn't do too bad he was terrible best team won no doubt about it but he missed a clear knock down from your player who ran on and scored unbelievable the tackle was shoulder I was right near it

you would say he didn't do too bad he was terrible best team won no doubt about it but he missed a clear knock down from your player who ran on and scored unbelievable the tackle was shoulder I was right near it

dont worry if its a different ref, play as you did yesterday and youl win in Blackpool without a doubt

The referee was even nearer!!!

Im Fev and im proud

there was nothing wrong with the tackle but in fairness it was a clear knock on, although the ref was totally unsighted. Very surprised the touch judge didn't see it though.  Thought overall the ref was weak in the early stages, you should have been on a team warning much sooner and Crooks should have been red carded. Pretty clear the tactics from your coach was to needle and apply the rough stuff, which thankfully we avoided getting drawn in. Think it would have been a much closer game if you'd have played rugby!

For my money morrison is getting found out , his whole attitude is based round aggression i saw him at our place this year having a pop at his own supporters cos they dared question his wisdom on the touchline  i also know personally a few players who have played under him and are not fond of his hot and cold persona, the fact that he sends his team out on the park  with the mindset of get in there faces and smash them literally all over the park is poor, the referee did what he had to do the disipline of the rams is down to the coach we have had our fair share of poor refs but we move on our lads handled the situation very well and deserve enormous credit for keeping there heads rugby league is a tough enough game without blatent thuggery  , a bloke running at you at speed and clouting you round the head area is down right dangerous and stupid  crooks was lucky i dont remember him being any thing like that at fev  in fact quiet as a church mouse springs to mind , so before you rams fans start bleating how the ref helped us out look at your coach try playing rugby with flair and controlled agression...you might win a few  it was rumoured we were interested in morrison when hay went thank god it never got off the ground...jon sharps another level...good luck on sunday at the BASH

a bloke running at you at speed and clouting you round the head area is down right dangerous and stupid crooks was lucky i dont remember him being any thing like that at fev in fact quiet as a church mouse springs to mind

Quiet as a church mouse? Did his GF tackle v Leigh when he got binned but shouldve got sent off slip your mind?

Lets not forget his shocking magic weekend tackle playing for Hull when he did get sent off

Crookes has a lot of previous for poor tackling

Quiet as a church mouse? Did his GF tackle v Leigh when he got binned but shouldve got sent off slip your mind?

Lets not forget his shocking magic weekend tackle playing for Hull when he did get sent off

Crookes has a lot of previous for poor tackling

I said when he was with us , read the thread

It wasn't high watch it back and you will see if I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up

If you're interested there's a very good photo of the tackle on the Ponte & Cas Express website (photo slideshow of the game). Be prepared to hold your hands up....... 

Archived