Wait,wait,wait,back up,theres a NEW mexico? favourite one liners from films or otherwise

Lisa Simpson quoting PT Barnum: You'll never go broke pandering to the lowest common denominator.

You won't win friends with salad.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
David: "I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was

down.  I think that the problem may have been...that there was a

Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being

crushed by a dwarf.  Alright?  That tended to understate 

the hugeness of the object"...........

Derek: Can I raise a practical question at this point?

David:   Yeah.

Derek:   We gonna do Stonehenge tomorrow?

David:   No we're not gonna ##### do Stonehenge!!!

"Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't teach, teach gym" (Woody Allen)

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Sneeze, and it's goodbye Seattle!" (Steve Martin in 'Roxanne')

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rob Randolf: [reading a hand-made greeting card] "Roses are red, Violets are blue." [he opens the card] "I've got ass cancer, now you know too." (A Little Bit of Heaven)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lisa Simpson quoting PT Barnum: You'll never go broke pandering to the lowest common denominator.

from Importance of being earnest

Lady Bracknell. .................  Do you smoke?

Jack. Well, yes, I must admit I smoke.

Lady Bracknell. I am glad to hear it. A man should always have an occupation of some kind. There are far too many idle men in London as it is.

Haha my brain instantly thought........"A HANDBAG!!!"

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

Here's just a few one-liners from the wonderfully trashy Italian 'Star Wars' cash-in, 'Starcrash'.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

From one of the proper 'Batman' movies, before they got all silly and mopey and 'dark': "Some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb!"

This, Christopher Nolan, is you you shoot an action sequence! No careful lighting on the hero's fabulous cheekbones, no torrential rain, no gruff vocal delivery, no Christian Bale being all grumpy in the shadows.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

You all know this one:

Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.
Galahad: Three, sir.
King Arthur: Three.

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

You all know this one:

Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.

Galahad: Three, sir.

King Arthur: Three.

A bit of trivia from that film. The scenes at the end, where the army stands outside the castle and shouts things like "get on with it!" included a teenage lad and future best-selling author Iain Banks.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

From one of the proper 'Batman' movies, before they got all silly and mopey and 'dark': "Some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb!"

This, Christopher Nolan, is you you shoot an action sequence! No careful lighting on the hero's fabulous cheekbones, no torrential rain, no gruff vocal delivery, no Christian Bale being all grumpy in the shadows.

Holy explosions!!! Now I need to know how he got out of that.

General Melchett: Are you looking forward to the big push?

Baldrick: No Sir I'm absolutely terrified.

Melchett: The healthy humour of the honest tommy. Don't worry my boy, if you should falter, remember that Captain Darling and I are behind you.

Blackadder: About thirty five miles behind you,

Archived