Future signings

fevfromfar

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just maybe some eagles players reading SHEFF star

Meanwhile, the exodus has already started from the current team with director Mark Aston confirming two unnamed members of his squad have already agreed terms with other clubs for next season. Aston was disappointed with his side after their 38-40 defeat to Swinton on Sunday.

Today's RL Express says we have signed two players and re-signed a couple but names withheld. Any body know who they are? Sharp says half a dozen changes at the most.

Think you can find the answers reading back through this thread !  Most signings tend to get leaked through forums/Facebook fan pages these days, for all clubs not just us, it's inevitable with nearly everyone having t'internet these days.

I'm quite happy with most of the squad, there are one or two positions that need a bit of extra quality which are too obvious to quote, but I'm a bit worried about two of our key players, Briggs and Bostock, who are injury prone. I wouldn't like to get rid of either of them but we must have adequate cover.

That time of year again with all those's rumours about new signings but from what i have read those players are not going to take us to the next level they are all proven championship players but nothing special

Batley fans on their forum suggesting they have been told centre Chris Ulugia is coming to us. I'll be delighted if that turns out to be true.

sooner have him than grady tbh

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Not sure that follows. Grady's a good player, one of the few decent Championship centres, it's a position where it's hard to find quality at this level. I'd have been happy to see him at Fev. But given the choice between him and Ulugia, I'd have gone for Ulugia.

if I'm honest so would I,less injury prone.

Looks like Tansey is coming to Fev.

Good. Every extra paying customer helps.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

[/

quote]

Tha must be joking, but then again, why not?. We are a club which for several

seasons have lacked good centres. Now time to concentrate on dealing

with the problem.

Tansey.... dont get this one at all.

But then again i couldn't understand why on earth Daryl Powell brought Liam Finn back to the club....

Maybe i should just stick to nursing.....

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Ulugia is great going forwards but can be suspect in defence. He has had 3 injuries in the last 12 months. I just don't think he's worth the £30k+ bonuses that fev have apparently offered him.

Possibly true, but the Championship has changed in terms of the rewards. We heard the same things a season ago about the alleged fees for some of our new acquisitions, but with the prize money and decent gates involved after reaching the middle 8s, we might be half a million quid better off. It has to be said the differential between payouts does encourage Championship clubs to take more risks in terms of spending, but hopefully this year we are on a slightly sounder footing after the recent windfall.

Archived