03 Sept: Super 8s: Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves KO 6pm (TV)

Discuss Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't like to bet on this one way or another.

Cats have little strength in depth and not a lot to play for other than pride. Wire still have two trophies in their sights which might tip it on their favour.

The forecast for weather is quite warm on Saturday, 30 degrees, so that will have a bearing and in Cats favour.

Lots of changes for wire, sandow, gidley, Westwood, Clarke, Evans all out. In come patton, Cox,smith, Philips,Jullien and Johnson.

Won't Rochdale release Lineham?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

If Hull beat Saints on Friday, Catalan do still have an outside chance of top 4. Unlikely, but surely something to play for against a jaded Warrington?

I'd bet on a Warrington win. 

Myler is back but who is going to be the other half? Albert, Gigot or the wild guess (Stewart)?

No, we made them keep him, just a point he is the third highest try scorer for the wire from a handful of games.

I find it odd that Wire aren't persisting with Lineham in an effort to improve his all round game.

How long a spell did the younger version of Kevin Penny have in the Wire first team before it was discovered he could run and that was about it?

A few weeks back Wire were on Sky and fluffed at least a couple of chances that Lineham would have scored for certain.

I find it a bit odd but it could be argued that Tony Smith knows a bit more about coaching and team selection than I do so fair enough, I suppose.

How long a spell did the younger version of Kevin Penny have in the Wire first team before it was discovered he could run and that was about it?

Apples and pears really. The difference between the two is that Penny has always exhibited a positive and determined attitude to make himself better and contribute to the team.

Lineham, from what I hear, has exhibited no such desire off the field or on it. Noone doubts his potential.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Apples and pears really. The difference between the two is that Penny has always exhibited a positive and determined attitude to make himself better and contribute to the team.

Lineham, from what I hear, has exhibited no such desire off the field or on it. Noone doubts his potential.

Thanks..

If his immediate future depends on him making a wedge playing RL then you would imagine he'd knuckle down and have a go, certainly with Tony Smith's advice which should be top drawer.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

If Catalan can get some direction back into their game then they could win agains a depleated Wire side. Wigan lost last night and Saints have an uphill battle against Hull. Surely Catalan will be driven on by the chance to come fourth?  Maybe not from what I've seen of them lately.

No as the kids rugby schools are closed for summer they advertised on the website that the first 26 children to apply get to walk out with the team, 20 euros per child with snacks, match ticket and tshirt,

Great stuff. Will be a life long memory for them. Gonna be warm though!

If Catalan can get some direction back into their game then they could win agains a depleated Wire side. Wigan lost last night and Saints have an uphill battle against Hull. Surely Catalan will be driven on by the chance to come fourth?  Maybe not from what I've seen of them lately.

I doubt the gradient will be very steep.

I suspect you'll be right. after last nights result I think the top three will be in exactly the same positions with exactly the same points after this weekend.

Agree with that, not impossible for Warrington tonight, but its a big ask.

Looking at everyone's fixtures for the rest of the year the only scenario I see involves Hull and Warrington playing off for the LLS in three weeks time. Also I can see Saints pinching third.

Something tells me he's into something good.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Been done before that one.

Was hoping for a kind of hush about it, tbh.

Archived