Jamie Peacock

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well terry clawson played for fev at 38 and did not finish playing RL until he was 40 so peacock should have no problem playing against all the part timers in the championship and Im sure the players will give him a warm reception.

My  memory is not what it was but didn't Terry write a book called 'All The Wrong Moves'? So to equate Peacock with him carrying on playing might be just about right. But his first two initials and his second two initials spell 'JAPE' so he might just be playing a game with us all along in a joking manner.

losing at home to oldham in cup  getting rid of fitness coach billy malinson because to quote jp the players arnt fit enough..sacking chris chester .....i would imagine the black n whites in hull would knight peacock wot a complete mess he has made of his first management job

neil hudgell gave  him the job  why exactly because he achieved so much at the rhinos   

im afraid the arrogant pig headed over rated peacock has finally found out sometimes it pays to be humble  the kr fans desearve better

none the less i really hope he sticks around for rochdale, batley swinton us and the like .....

somehow cant see it tho

During his career at Leeds I thought Jamie was a rock ,a true professional who lasted 80 minutes tackling his heart out for his team,a statesman for the game but as what happens to many a top sportsman they begin to believe that they are on a high stage of godly status and being deluded to this belief he has rubbished the ethos of grass roots/amatour/championship league rugby league he has been trained and nurtured from.I hope he looks in the mirror and realises his mistakes .

Been reading twitter and need a sick bag at the side of me. People saying the mpg if unpleasant viewing, people losing there livelyhood, wow, what do they want non competative rugby league incase we upset any of the big softie rugby players. Sure hull kr will have enough cash to keep hold of a few good players, a few will move on and stay in super league, the rest will have to take a pay cut and fight for there place back in the big league. Were was all the symphathy when fev just got ejected from the big league, at the start of sl just to make way for another team. Did anyone care about our players mental health or livelyhoods. I thought today was what sport is all about and a great advert for the game.

Been reading twitter and need a sick bag at the side of me. People saying the mpg if unpleasant viewing, people losing there livelyhood, wow, what do they want non competative rugby league incase we upset any of the big softie rugby players. Sure hull kr will have enough cash to keep hold of a few good players, a few will move on and stay in super league, the rest will have to take a pay cut and fight for there place back in the big league. Were was all the symphathy when fev just got ejected from the big league, at the start of sl just to make way for another team. Did anyone care about our players mental health or livelyhoods. I thought today was what sport is all about and a great advert for the game.

For a start what mortgage lender would entertain the salary of a bloke that will be in work until hes about 34 years old without other security?? They make you puke.

Well terry clawson played for fev at 38 and did not finish playing RL until he was 40 so peacock should have no problem playing against all the part timers in the championship and Im sure the players will give him a warm reception.

Two players come to mind who played for Rovers at a ripe old age that I saw was Mick Morgan on his final stint for Fev playing at home and scoring against Widnes and I think it was Geoff Grayshon playing for us at home running on to the pitch with that much strapping wrapped around his arms and legs that he resembled a mummy.

Blue Pike Two players come to mind who played for Rovers at a ripe old age that I saw was Mick Morgan on his final stint for Fev playing at home and scoring against Widnes and I think it was Geoff Grayshon playing for us at home running on to the pitch with that much strapping wrapped around his arms and legs that he resembled a mummy

Yes I remember them both well mick morgan a great forward and geoff grayshon the old devil just wanted to stay upright never liked going down in a tackle but at his age who could blame him.

Blue Pike Two players come to mind who played for Rovers at a ripe old age that I saw was Mick Morgan on his final stint for Fev playing at home and scoring against Widnes and I think it was Geoff Grayshon playing for us at home running on to the pitch with that much strapping wrapped around his arms and legs that he resembled a mummy

Yes I remember them both well mick morgan a great forward and geoff grayshon the old devil just wanted to stay upright never liked going down in a tackle but at his age who could blame him.

they must be made of different stuff playing that level well into there 40s. Am 32 and knackered, playing for the lions past team today, half 9 meet for a half 2 kick off, just to get strapping done. Worth a wonder down if anybody free this afternoon, all gor a good cause, 3 lads been picked to tour fiji with barla.

How does the rugby league bigwigs think both championship n league 1 players cope doing there day job turning up for training staying disciplined in there life style not seeing much of there kids etc but still putting a stint in on a sunday risking career threatning injurys or permanant damage to there bodys in later life for a pittance of what these so called super athletes do in super league ..for my money the HKR boys should knuckle down and attemt to put right wot they have caused peacock should be more proffesional and stop moaning about the system .....we all knew the rules when the season started..its hardly the championship clubs fault peacock n his crew have failed to make the cut talk about sour grapes it makes my p../',,s boil listening to the lot of em crowing about how this is bad for the game one numty even suggesting how can we expect to beat the aussies with this concept hanging over our best players REALLY FOR GODS SAKE....

Half the super league is aussies or at least the best players are    now boys take your calpol get your dummys let mummy tuck you up in bed and have a good nights rest .....oh and dont have nightmares about those big tough uncompromising championship lads waiting for you next year  ...NIGHT NIGHT

For a start what mortgage lender would entertain the salary of a bloke that will be in work until hes about 34 years old without other security?? They make you puke.

Three players spring to my mind that highlight your point Phil- Matty Dale, Andy Ellis and Jamie Cording. All three have played in Super League but when they stepped down to the Championship they joined the Foundation. Ok, this was an opportunity only given to the better players, but they didn't waste it, they buckled down and worked hard and studied for qualifications. Matty and Andy are now qualified teachers and Jamie is head of the foundation, from where he will be qualified for other similar work if he ever finds himself  out of a job.

These three will be in a much better position in later life than many who have been idling their spare hours that full time brings. The club should be proud of them in this respect.

super league needed a shake up mr peacock,same 4 clubs holding up the league same 4 clubs thinking they have a divine right to contest a grand final year in year out,becomes boring. let ben cockayne think back who gave him a second chance when hkr got rid of him fist time round,could it have been a championship club.

super league needed a shake up mr peacock,same 4 clubs holding up the league same 4 clubs thinking they have a divine right to contest a grand final year in year out,becomes boring. let ben cockayne think back who gave him a second chance when hkr got rid of him fist time round,could it have been a championship club.

[

/quote]

Remember Cockayne several seasons ago, threatening to climb into the crowd after

the final whistle. Don't know what they are complaining about. They, and they

alone have placed themselves in this position. Must do better during the

season!!!.

Well after all JPs bleating its KR thats coming down here into the sludge.

Cant say as i hold any sympathy for him.

Wonder if he's going to ring suggy up again.... see if he can get a game up selby

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Presumably JP is arranging to send HKR's championship funding money to a Super League club as he must feel that it would be a waste of money for KR to accept it! I wonder which SL club he will choose.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

When you listen to JP talking I think everyone will agree that he sounds like a punch drunk boxer which is understandable due to all the big hits on his head he has received playing in the super league.This does have a serious effect on the brain and if I may share this with you last week I realised the real effect on it as I came across him cycling near Keighley where I saw him get off his bike and undo the bolts on his handlebars and saddle and turn them the other way round."What you doing that for Jamie "and he replied "Im cycling back home".

Presumably JP is arranging to send HKR's championship funding money to a Super League club as he must feel that it would be a waste of money for KR to accept it! I wonder which SL club he will choose.

Of course the Super League players need it more, most of the poor sods are in the 40% tax bracket and some of them are paying 50%, especially with all the TV work some of them get. So we have to sympathise with them. - ;)

Call me old fashioned,Lingard, but I have been of that opinion for a few years. What was wrong with the glory days?. Hard men playing a hard game following a hard days graft.

I already hear shouts of "living in the past" but at least it must have been attractive to the punter. The grounds were always full to capacity. 15,000 on a regular basis at Wakefield. Those were the days.

Archived