2017 Featherstone Rovers squad.

marklaspalmas

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had one ,hes at Wigan now .

Wigan always make sure they get the best scouts, for example Eric Hawley who formerly scouted for Leeds, but when he moved to Wigan he pinched Hunslet Parksider Jason Robinson from under their nose. They prefer a Yorkshire scout so they can come raiding over the border. Further back Bill Francis and Tommy Smales were nicked from Fev Juniors.

If only we could clone both john and paul newlove harold box steve nash steve quinn brendan tuuata and my favourite player of all time peter smith the world would be our oyster. Well one can dream cant one. oh then there was that guy who won us the cup david hobbs not to mention another favourite of mine john marsden these were all players who gave their all. None of them probably got much money maybe paul newlove but my god did they give their all for the blue and white shirt.

All Exceptional PART TIME players who would be far better than good full time players if they could ever play against one another.In our division Bradford and Sheffield finished below us which proves that negative posts about "who we gonna sign when we are part timers"have no substance.

All Exceptional PART TIME players who would be far better than good full time players if they could ever play against one another.In our division Bradford and Sheffield finished below us which proves that negative posts about "who we gonna sign when we are part timers"have no substance.

A lot of those great players left Fev for other teams. Stop and think for a moment why that was.

And I'm still waiting to read which centres we should be approaching. Let's have some names.

A lot of those great players left Fev for other teams. Stop and think for a moment why that was.

And I'm still waiting to read which centres we should be approaching. Let's have some names.

Youll be waiting a while because it was a diff poster who you requested an opinion on centres from

Anyway back on topic - looks like Jarrod is off to London to replace Soward so thats one rumoured signing quashed

A shame if we was in for him - always seemed to go well at our place against us

Lets hope JS has "Sammut" else up his sleeve

Youll be waiting a while because it was a diff poster who you requested an opinion on centres from

I would have included Blue Pike's quote to which saddleworth was replying, but I can't work out how to get two different quotes in one post, I'm sure it's possible given there's a MultiQuote button but I haven't worked it out yet. Anyway for clarification I'm happy for anyone to come up with an answer to my question as this topic has now surfaced on at least two threads (see also the "Deadwood clearout" thread where it's suggested we should axe Misi).

Anyway back on topic - looks like Jarrod is off to London to replace Soward so thats one rumoured signing quashed

A shame if we was in for him - always seemed to go well at our place against us

Lets hope JS has "Sammut" else up his sleeve

You dont need to wait a while from me I like the two centres from Bradford if they become available Adrian Purtell and Kyle Amarr but I would look art young fringe players at super league clubs that dont make it into the first team wich the clubs may not want .These are hungry players with something to prove and would do well for Fev

Welham I agree is a very good centre at Championship level but he's got another year left on his contract and it would be very surprising if Bradford would allow him to leave.

Purtell  has already signed for London but in any case he has really struggled with injuries lately and has hardly played this season, his London appointment is partly as a coach for the youngsters and it remains to be seen how many more games he has left in him as a player.

I would have included Blue Pike's quote to which saddleworth was replying, but I can't work out how to get two different quotes in one post, I'm sure it's possible given there's a MultiQuote button but I haven't worked it out yet. Anyway for clarification I'm happy for anyone to come up with an answer to my question as this topic has now surfaced on at least two threads (see also the "Deadwood clearout" thread where it's suggested we should axe Misi).

Just copy your quote from one post, then when you are replying and your are using the second quoted post paste in the first quote which you copied then you should have two diff qoutes in one post

The Phantom Horseman, on 27 Sept 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:snapback.png

I would have included Blue Pike's quote to which saddleworth was replying, but I can't work out how to get two different quotes in one post, I'm sure it's possible given there's a MultiQuote button but I haven't worked it out yet.

Just copy your quote from one post, then when you are replying and your are using the second quoted post paste in the first quote which you copied then you should have two diff qoutes in one post

Ah ok, think I've got it. Thanks.

Hasn't James Lockwood been retained following the completion of his ban think he would soon get into the form he showed previously

chappy

I would give them another chance. I thought Pick looked a real prospect before. He should have bulked up a bit now as well (purely due to getting that bit older I mean)

They will be unable to demand expensive contracts and someone will take them on, so why not Fev? Who can remember Cas giving sprinter Dwayne Chambers a trial while he was serving his drugs ban from athletics- Rumour has it he wasn't offered a contract because he couldn't catch the high ball.

They will be unable to demand expensive contracts and someone will take them on, so why not Fev? Who can remember Cas giving sprinter Dwayne Chambers a trial while he was serving his drugs ban from athletics- Rumour has it he wasn't offered a contract because he couldn't catch the high ball.

Also heard that he wasn't up to speed. If a blanket ban was enforced in the

sporting world, we could all get shut of our sky contracts.

Another top guy that was great with the kids. Showed my folks around the ground they saddle was very passionate and proud to be associated with such a historic club.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

Archived