2017 Featherstone Rovers squad.

marklaspalmas

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2017 Featherstone Rovers squad.

At this stage, it's just speculation and hearsay, but I'll be updating this as news gets confirmed.

Based on the fact we started this year with 22 players, my wild guess for the squad for 2017 is:

1 Ian Hardman

2 Jordan Tansey NEW

3 Luke Briscoe

4 Misi Taulapapa

5 Chris Ulugia NEW

6 Scott Turner

7 James Duckworth

8 Kyle Briggs

9 Anthony Thackeray

10 Keal Carlisle NEW

11 Matty Wildie LIKE NEW

12 Sam Day

13 Andy Bostock

14 Darrell Griffin

15 Richard Moore NEW

16 Luke Cooper

17 Jordan Baldwinson

18 Tim Spears

19 Colton Roche

20 Michael Knowles NEW

21 Bradley Tagg

22 John Davies

And players moving on:

Danny Craven

Jack Ormondroyd Leeds

Michael Channing London

Steve Snitch Retired

Jamie Cording

Liam Blockley

Robbie Ward

Kyran Johnson Hunslet

Will Milner Keighley

Jack Coventry Hunslet

Jamie Foster

Andy Ellis Retired

Robbie Ward joining Dewsbury Rams for 2017.

The season is still ongoing for some teams hence the probable lack of updates

in our case anyway teams that have announced signings so far from us are clubs whose seasons are done

Going off Roches twitter account only - i dont think he will be with us next season

Its like deja vu all over again - your patience in the off season already is non existant

Going on previous seasons the signings are announced later on in the year at round about the time season tickets go on sale as to generate interest into buying one .The club usually say we will reveal 3 new signings on Friday but on this forum we will all probably know weeks before who they are due to info shared.What Im thinking is this ;Before we reached the top four it seemed like we were realy skint with MC having just paid off a winding up order and then going to the press saying I have some important decisions to make in the next two weeks which to me meant laying off staff or trying to sell the club and walk away.Now the top four brought us loads of money from home games and the upcoming 40k monthly instalments but I realy hope that after MC has paid the club debts and rightly taken out the money owed to him which he is rumoured to put in to the club out of his own pocket for the last few years I hope there is enough money left for some decent signings.I hope I dont sound negative but I dont think we are as cashed up as some people think .

RIghto. The confirmations of where everyone will be in 2017 are starting to trickle in so when it's officially announced Ill write CONFIRMED against the player's name in the Original post on page 1.

Until then it's assumption/rumour/speculation.

Bring it on!!

RL Express just says we will be announcing signings in next few weeks and repeats that Moore, Carlile, Knowles & Ulugia are likely to be amongst them. Also says players will be returning a week earlier than usual for training and have a conditioning programme for the off-season.JS also reported to be concluding talks with two of our current squad.

Not a great deal about us in League Weekly though JS quoted as saying he found out a lot about some players in middle 8s re those who are good enough to take us forward and those who aren't so there will be a few changes.

No rush imo.

Jack Coventry can now get a CONFIRMED for Hunslet as they have just announced they have signed him on a one-year contract.

Just reading again through JS's comments to the P&C Express last week, he talks of potentially making "some tough calls on people who have been really important for the club." Seems to suggest there might be a surprise departure or two amongst our existing players, though hard to guess who (if any); could just mean contract negotiations are still going on.

i read that   , could that mean the likes of say hardman , spears ,    bostock perhaps ..personally i hope not but it was a very unusual thing to say and left me wondering

im sure all will be revealed soon enough

i read that   , could that mean the likes of say hardman , spears ,    bostock perhaps ..personally i hope not but it was a very unusual thing to say and left me wondering

im sure all will be revealed soon enough

Yep. I'd be disappointed if any of that trio left us, but at the same time, I can understand if JS feels we have to be ruthless to get better. Look at what Leigh have done...granted they have been in a totally different financial situation to us, but they were totally unsentimental about getting better...they beat us in the 2014 Championship final but of their starting pack and 4 forward subs that day only one (Jamie Acton) is still on their books and he hasn't played that much - most of them are long gone.

Is it worth us with JS past conections with hudd enquireing about crabtree as he has been told they are not offering him a new contract and at his age i don't think many SL teams interested in him i know he is knocking on a bit but he would do well at our level as an inpact player with his size

First time posting on TotalRL

Im actually a Leeds fan, but was reading through this forum and thought I could help you out with this thread.

I really doubt Roache will be returning to Fev in 2017, I heard from a close source (it is not private news) that he had to stop attending training because he now takes care of a very young family member on evenings. He will be very gutted about this, he is a nice kid and always said how Fev were going to super league, he couldn't speak highly of the club enough! Anyway, hopefully he gets to play again soon, I used to watch him in the Leeds Academy, he was a good one that was close to getting into the 1st grade.

He actually works in Kirkstall, I usually see him popping into morrisons in the afternoon, where he is very popular character with the Rhinos players, I guess it's from the time he spent with them as a junior 

I hear Baldwinson is coming back to us, also what is Jack Ormondroyd like?

First time posting on TotalRL

Im actually a Leeds fan, but was reading through this forum and thought I could help you out with this thread.

I really doubt Roache will be returning to Fev in 2017, I heard from a close source (it is not private news) that he had to stop attending training because he now takes care of a very young family member on evenings. He will be very gutted about this, he is a nice kid and always said how Fev were going to super league, he couldn't speak highly of the club enough! Anyway, hopefully he gets to play again soon, I used to watch him in the Leeds Academy, he was a good one that was close to getting into the 1st grade.

He actually works in Kirkstall, I usually see him popping into morrisons in the afternoon, where he is very popular character with the Rhinos players, I guess it's from the time he spent with them as a junior

I hear Baldwinson is coming back to us, also what is Jack Ormondroyd like?

Roache was quality for us last year, very tough running and tackling. unlucky with a few niggling injuries, or he would have had a big season. Hopefully he gets back into the game soon. Glad to see Baldy get a go if thats right, cant believe he didnt get a go last season with the rhinos big injury list, hes a real grafter and has the potential to be peacock style player, if he continues to develop the way he has the last few year. Ormandroyd is a big strong athletic kid, still pretty raw and a lot to learn, but the potential is there with the right coaching, which he will recieve at leeds. Started like an house on fire the beggining of the season, was a bit of intrest in him and his form dipped, picked up again the back end of the regular season, wouldnt be suprised if we saw him back at fev on loan next season.

I'd still have Kainy back...

I would as a squad member to cover Thacks, Briggs,  and the first choice hooker. He's not a bad organizer and could go on for years after he slows down. 

Archived