Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scubby

So I phoned the RFL ticket office (ref: Olympic Stadium). Brace yourselves

Just got 1 wheelchair, 1 companion and 3 adult tickets for the games at Huddersfield, Coventry & Liverpool. £400 all in.

The lass on the phone at the RFL was excellent, really friendly and helpful and had me sorted with exactly what (and where) I wanted within 10 minutes.

I can't wait to see England win at Anfield! 

:D 

I've had to ring for my tickets cos I'm taking my kid and you can't get under 2 tickets online and I have to say they were great and very helpful got my tickets for hudds, London & Liverpool just need to get my Coventry ones now

Large poster now up at Stratford station, along with promo material plastered over the ticket barriers on the Westfield side.

Lets hope these stay up until the tournament begins. 

IMG_6039.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Large poster now up at Stratford station, along with promo material plastered over the ticket barriers on the Westfield side.

IMG_6039.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

Good stuff.

IMG_6039.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

Excellent stuff :)

TBF they must be spending some money promoting this I just saw a poster in Green park tube!

I remember looking into ad rates for the tube a while back, i think ExterionMedia operate a lot of them. And prices obviously differ depending on the stations location (and the amount of people that go through it daily) /size of the ad/length of time etc.. but i'd hazard a guess and say they must have had to have dropped at least 10-20k on this, if more sites are being used also.

Hopefully they'll be doing something around by the stadium also. I'll keep an eye out.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Would be for the whole roll out, including key stations. Probably closer to 10k maybe.

Edit: Rate card for Exterion Media -  http://www.exterionmedia.com/uk/~/media/Files/UK/Rate%20Cards/EM_Rate_Card_2016.pdf

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Did anyone explain what "restricted view" meant? Seems to apply to a lot of the seats.

Four legs good - two legs bad

Did anyone explain what "restricted view" meant? Seems to apply to a lot of the seats.

where are you looking John? They didnt sell the first few rows last year as you are ground level and restricted by cameras and benches etc. Maybe thats what it refers to, where there would be loads.

10k is peanuts.

aye, i expect they will be spending maybe 100 to 150k for this campaign depending on how long it lasts.

where are you looking John? They didnt sell the first few rows last year as you are ground level and restricted by cameras and benches etc. Maybe thats what it refers to, where there would be loads.

Seems like it applies to most of the remaining seats that have age concessions.

Some frightening images on Internet posted by disgruntled West Ham fans

I'll phone the ticket line.

Four legs good - two legs bad

Seems like it applies to most of the remaining seats that have age concessions.

Some frightening images on Internet posted by disgruntled West Ham fans

I'll phone the ticket line.

aye it seems a major flaw for a new ground

aye it seems a major flaw for a new ground

I'm not sure which pictures you are referring to but a lot of the terrible view photos on social media are people being mischievous.

They still haven't fitted retractable seating so the bottom level is currently sold temporary seating in front of the unsold permanent seating. Various photos were trying to claim they are selling seats behind seats which isn't the case.

I'm not sure which pictures you are referring to but a lot of the terrible view photos on social media are people being mischievous.

They still haven't fitted retractable seating so the bottom level is currently sold temporary seating in front of the unsold permanent seating. Various photos were trying to claim they are selling seats behind seats which isn't the case.

John referred to pics. Im takking about ground level seats that the rfl left empty last year. Plus the distance of the view across the huge gap between tiers.

John referred to pics. Im takking about ground level seats that the rfl left empty last year. Plus the distance of the view across the huge gap between tiers.

Ah well not a lot can be done about the gap as it wasn't originally designed to be a football/ rugby stadium. It's a best we can do retrofit.

Also I believe right at the back you may not be able to see high kicks as the floodlights now underhang the roof and on the original temporary roof they were above.

IMG_6039.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

Mr Wiskar got a close up photograph

https://twitter.com/England_RL?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

It does not change rthe fact however that the Olympic Stadium, to which I have been to Rugby games in both codes and will be going on 13th November, is a bad viewing ground as West Ham fans have found out

Sorry but I would have gone to a different location. From 2018 The New Tottenham Hotspur stadium which is purpose builit to host not just Spurs but NFL games could well be an option for the RFL

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new-scheme/stadium/

You wonder if discussions have taken place...

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

Mr Wiskar got a close up photograph

https://twitter.com/England_RL?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

It does not change rthe fact however that the Olympic Stadium, to which I have been to Rugby games in both codes and will be going on 13th November, is a bad viewing ground as West Ham fans have found out

Sorry but I would have gone to a different location. From 2018 The New Tottenham Hotspur stadium which is purpose builit to host not just Spurs but NFL games could well be an option for the RFL

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new-scheme/stadium/

You wonder if discussions have taken place...

it is a shame because it is in a good location and is a great size compared to Wembley but i agree the view isnt great and it all felt a but weird last year. Hopefully the changes they have made will improve it this year