Who Trusts Labour?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon the upcoming Copeland bye election could be make of break for Corbyn,  If he wins then he stays (for a bit anyway) if he loses he'll be out be Easter (IMO)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

8 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I reckon the upcoming Copeland bye election could be make of break for Corbyn,  If he wins then he stays (for a bit anyway) if he loses he'll be out be Easter (IMO)

His personal polling is still awful.  Copeland will be interesting.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

His personal polling is still awful.  Copeland will be interesting.

Of course the Tories could decide it would be in their long term interests to lose at Copeland.  If Osborne was still in office I wouldn't put that past them, but May is much more cautious.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

• 3 weeks later...

The news continues to get worse for the incompetent Labour Party.Two new polls show their support continuing to decline.

ICM shows ;

Con   42%

Lab   26% (down 2%)

UKIP 13%

L.Dem 10%

Green   5%

You Gov is even worse;

Con    42%

Lab     25%

UKIP    12%

L.Dem 11%

Labour are also odds on to lose both upcoming by elections,whilst 55% gave the thumbs up to Teresa Mays Brexit speech,with only 19% disapproving(ICM)

34 minutes ago, cookey said:

The news continues to get worse for the incompetent Labour Party.Two new polls show their support continuing to decline.

ICM shows ;

Con   42%

Lab   26% (down 2%)

UKIP 13%

L.Dem 10%

Green   5%

You Gov is even worse;

Con    42%

Lab     25%

UKIP    12%

L.Dem 11%

Labour are also odds on to lose both upcoming by elections,whilst 55% gave the thumbs up to Teresa Mays Brexit speech,with only 19% disapproving(ICM)

I'm sure you've trying your best to wind people up, but no one's biting. All the Labour folk on here are well aware of these things you keep posting and agree totally.

I'd give up on trolling as a career if I was you. :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• 2 months later...

Two polls since Election called:

ICM

Con     44%

Lab      23%

LDem   12%

UKIP     10%

You Gov/Times

Con    46%

Lab     25%

LDem  11%

UKIP      8%

55% believe May was right to call an election,15% believe she was wrong.

So far,6 Labour M.P.'s have announced they will not stand,including Tom Blenkinsop,Andrew Smith,Andy Burnham and Ian Wright,Over '20 others' considering their position.

10 minutes ago, cookey said:

Two polls since Election called:

ICM

Con     44%

Lab      23%

LDem   12%

UKIP     10%

You Gov/Times

Con    46%

Lab     25%

LDem  11%

UKIP      8%

55% believe May was right to call an election,15% believe she was wrong.

So far,6 Labour M.P.'s have announced they will not stand,including Tom Blenkinsop,Andrew Smith,Andy Burnham and Ian Wright,Over '20 others' considering their position.

This doesn't quite tally with the line that the media are desperate to push about the public being fed up of elections. 

On 23/01/2017 at 7:33 PM, Griff9of13 said:

I'm sure you've trying your best to wind people up, but no one's biting. All the Labour folk on here are well aware of these things you keep posting and agree totally.

I'd give up on trolling as a career if I was you. :rolleyes:

Not all left wing posters on here think like New Labourites,  Blairites or Red Tories, though (or whatever)  Cookey is providing a useful public service. Public Service?  Isn't that a very Labour passion?

So it seems a total of 12 sitting Labour M.P.'s have now elected to stand down,including moderates such as Gisela Stewart and Rob Marris,effectively handing their seats to the Tories.Just 4 Tories are not standing,whilst John Pugh,the LDem in marginal Southport and Douglas Carswell in Clacton are also not standing - both constituancies now likely to revert to Conservative.

35 minutes ago, cookey said:

So it seems a total of 12 sitting Labour M.P.'s have now elected to stand down,including moderates such as Gisela Stewart and Rob Marris,effectively handing their seats to the Tories.Just 4 Tories are not standing,whilst John Pugh,the LDem in marginal Southport and Douglas Carswell in Clacton are also not standing - both constituancies now likely to revert to Conservative.

Southport has been Lib Dem for since 1997, first with Ronnie Fearn and then John Pugh since 2001. Hardly marginal.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

9 minutes ago, cookey said:

I would call a 1,300 LDem majority over Cons(3%) as marginally,particularly with 7,000 UKIP votes last time.

Actually,you might be right,it might not be marginal,it might be a certain Tory gain?!

I wouldn't be too sure; there has always seemed a reasonable level of satisfaction with both Lib Dem MPs in the town. Plus the area voted remain in the EU referendum. 

11 hours ago, cookey said:

You may be right,we'll see.If one assumes the Tory and LDem vote remains static,I suppose it depends where the UKIP and Lab vote goes.Suppose it could be reasonably close either way.

A lot of the UKIP vote is likely to evaporate, one thing the Kippers did well was tapping into a segment of society that wouldn't ordinarily vote and without them around to hoover up the little englanders they may not actually turn out.

11 hours ago, Shadow said:

A lot of the UKIP vote is likely to evaporate, one thing the Kippers did well was tapping into a segment of society that wouldn't ordinarily vote and without them around to hoover up the little englanders they may not actually turn out.

UKIPs vote for me is either going to not vote or go blue for this election. Except in seats where they target. Personally I think they and the Tories should try be savvy over where they stand in places that are split 3 or 2.5 ways; as they'd do better overall that way.

43 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

UKIPs vote for me is either going to not vote or go blue for this election. Except in seats where they target. Personally I think they and the Tories should try be savvy over where they stand in places that are split 3 or 2.5 ways; as they'd do better overall that way.

UKIP are unlikely to win a single seat in this election. Any pact with the Tories would be one way to stop Labour or the Lib Dems from getting in power.

On 21/04/2017 at 9:04 PM, Shadow said:

I agree. My experience is that for a lot of ukip voters it's all about immigration really or though they often try to disguise it. Most could not explain the financial or policy issues surrounding the UK being in the UK at all and start talking about straight bananas and fishing rights because they have seen it in the Mail/ Sun , etc..

Latest two Scottish polls for Westminster.

Survation.

SNP    43%  -3

Con    28%  +13

Lab     18%  - 6

LDem    9%  +1

Panelbase.

SNP     44%  -3

Con     33%  +5

Lab      13%  -1

LDem    5     +1

Looks like wipeout for Labour in Scotland.You really aren't going to like the Welsh figures!

The Welsh view,YouGov poll:

Con    40%  (21 seats)

Lab    30%   (15 seats)

P.C.    13%   (3 seats)

LDem   8%   (1 seat)

UKIP    6%    ( - )

Frankly this is unbelievable,would represent a Lab loss of 10 seats and a Tory gain of 10 seats.Would be Labs worse performance since the 1850's!

On 4/23/2017 at 7:51 AM, westlondonfan said:

I agree. My experience is that for a lot of ukip voters it's all about immigration really or though they often try to disguise it. Most could not explain the financial or policy issues surrounding the UK being in the UK at all and start talking about straight bananas and fishing rights because they have seen it in the Mail/ Sun , etc..

Having returned to the UK after a while, I am not surprised that immigration is a big issue.  The character of big towns and small cities has changed and if you travel there, you will interact with many foreign people as they disproportionately work in the service industries.

It is a shame so many people lie about this and some on the left are angry about it.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

Having returned to the UK after a while, I am not surprised that immigration is a big issue.  The character of big towns and small cities has changed and if you travel there, you will interact with many foreign people as they disproportionately work in the service industries.

It is a shame so many people lie about this and some on the left are angry about it.

I am quite interested in the history of London.  My grandmother came from the East End of London.  The character of London has never stopped changing. 

26 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

I am quite interested in the history of London.  My grandmother came from the East End of London.  The character of London has never stopped changing. 

Indeed.  Which is why I do not list it actually. 

I was in Portsmouth recently on business.  In the factory I was in, a large portion of the work force were East European.  Someone visiting from a suburb or village or would not see that, but they would see the taxi drivers (Romanian), the serving staff etc.  Of course, this is misleading.  The vast majority are still Brits and local Brits and the country is not being taken over. 

I am not shocked people are voting for Brexit in this context, nonsense though I think it is.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

15 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Indeed.  Which is why I do not list it actually. 

I was in Portsmouth recently on business.  In the factory I was in, a large portion of the work force were East European.  Someone visiting from a suburb or village or would not see that, but they would see the taxi drivers (Romanian), the serving staff etc.  Of course, this is misleading.  The vast majority are still Brits and local Brits and the country is not being taken over. 

I am not shocked people are voting for Brexit in this context, nonsense though I think it is.

I see what you mean.  If the economy is dependent on these people and they then have to leave and the economy takes a dive then it will be in many cases the UKIP voters who will suffer. 

I have a old friend who has moved down to the south coast and has got progressively more right wing.   He seems to be to the right of UKIP now. He lived in London but he seems to have taken for granted the benefits of his parents council house, free education, free NHS, etc.  The kind of people that make up the UKIP leadership would never have campaigned for these things to be introduced in the first place.  

It is only just over 100 years ago when there was a third world type slums in the East End of London. 

Archived